• 12 Post By Pi314CA
  • 2 Post By teesharky
  • 2 Post By opry051008
  • 4 Post By bree
  • 2 Post By bearball49
  • 4 Post By judes
  • 1 Post By bree
  • 4 Post By OkieChick

Thread: Review: Carrie Underwood a force of nature in Vancouver (from The Vancouver Sun)

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Review: Carrie Underwood a force of nature in Vancouver (from The Vancouver Sun)

Review: Carrie Underwood a force of nature in Vancouver

Idol winner spins familiar yarn for adoring fans at Rogers Arena

By Francois Marchand, Vancouver Sun
    October 4, 2012 10:37 PM

CARRIE UNDERWOOD

When: Thursday night

Where: Rogers Arena

VANCOUVER -- Ever since being crowned the winner of the fourth season of American Idol, Carrie Underwood has been spinning a familiar and extremely popular yarn.

The unassuming, fresh-faced dreamer from Muskogee, Okla. is, perhaps more than original Idol winner Kelly Clarkson, the quintessential Idol representative, the one that encapsulates the "American Dream" spirit of the competition the most.

Her storyline was and remains made of the kind of mythical fluff that fuels the imagination and, seven years later, Underwood still wants us to witness the power of that dream and how she rose out of middle-of-nowhere America to become one of the biggest country/pop music icons of the past decade.

It's a story woven deep in her four best-selling albums, including her latest Billboard-topping, steamrolling unit-shifter Blown Away, as well as in her concerts, which are reminders of how lucky and blessed she feels and how - if they believe hard enough - it could happen to any of the thousands of screaming fans that filled Rogers Arena Thursday night.

That's the archetypical story Underwood has groomed and maintained for years, but as opposed to Clarkson's "anger management" style or Taylor Swift's "my exes are all jerks, so whatever" songbook, Underwood exudes a certain kind of wise maturity that doesn't feel forced or contrived.

Read more: Review: Carrie Underwood a force of nature in Vancouver

Concert Stars
    YES! Now that is what I call an amazing review! He even dissed Taylor to boot! Woohoo!

I need to meet this Francois guy.
    gaycarebear and robinannhunt like this.

Carrie Guru
    Some good and bad comments for Carrie but a fair review, and that's all we ask.

Ouch on Hunter's review.
    rainbow1 and bearball49 like this.

Concert Stars
    Way too rough on Hunter! He was such a hit, the girls were screaming like crazy for him.

Nice review, but not 100% accurate, because Carrie was PERFECT tonight. Such an amazing show. She killed it!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    As a fan, it is easy to be hurt with overcritical reviews. This review was overall extremely positive. i think the reviewer made every effort to write an honest and unbiased synopsis. I have no problem with criticism as no one is perfect and so much of concert review is a subjective thing and strctly opinion, not necessarily fact. Overall, a very flattering review and good to know how much a non fan can enjoy themselve. At least he did not set out to trash her just because he could, great review.
    judes and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    He must have left after Before He Cheats also - Now this is a real review - he had a blast and that's a good thing! Love the line " ... but as opposed to Clarkson's "anger management" style or Taylor Swifts "my exes are all jerks, so whatever" songbook, Underwood exudes a certain kind of wise maturity that doesn't feel forced or contrived." YOU BETCHA!!!!
    Last edited by judes; 10-05-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Concert Stars
    great review!

Concert Stars
    not liking the hunter parts but great review otherwise!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I will have to wait and see Hunter in November to make a comment. I have no idea if he is good or bad at this point.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    This writer was not a country music fan or he would have not made the mistake of saying Carrie was from Muskegee.(sp) That he liked the concert and Carrie is the plus out of this review. He had a "blast".

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    He must have left after Before He Cheats also - Now this is a real review - he had a blast and that's a good thing! Love the line " ... but as opposed to Clarkson's "anger management" style or Taylor Swifts "my exes are all jerks, so whatever" songbook, Underwood exudes a certain kind of wise maturity that doesn't feel forced or contrived." YOU BETCHA!!!!
    Actually in the newspaper, it said the review went up until Jesus Take the Wheel - so early into the concert. I guess they got to print their review quickly and get it off to be published. So technically it's not a complete review of the concert. But a good one nonetheless.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    This writer was not a country music fan or he would have not made the mistake of saying Carrie was from Muskegee.(sp) That he liked the concert and Carrie is the plus out of this review. He had a "blast".
    Well she actually was born in Muskogee as there are no hospitals in Checotah LOL, so he wasn't so wrong. LOL He probably looked up her bio and saw Muskogee and then just took it from there.

Concert Stars
    Overall great review. And well, I would not read to much into what he said about Hunter and just judge for yourself if you see him because afterall, some of the reviewers will trash Carrie on occasion as we well know and we don't believe them on that.

Concert Stars
    That is a great review. A nice send-off from Vancouver as the Blown Away Tour continues in Seattle on Oct. 6.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great review

That's the archetypical story Underwood has groomed and maintained for years, but as opposed to Clarkson's "anger management" style or Taylor Swift's "my exes are all jerks, so whatever" songbook, Underwood exudes a certain kind of wise maturity that doesn't feel forced or contrived.
    love this part...so true so... true

•