Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Takes on Coldplay and Five Other Stellar Artists

Carrie Underwood Takes on Coldplay and Five Other Stellar Artists

Carrie Underwood Takes On Coldplay & Five Other Stellar Artists | Ryan Seacrest - The official entertainment news site of American Idol host and American Top 40 on air radio personality!

In case you missed it, Carrie Underwood performed on “VH1 Unplugged: Carrie Underwood” last night and it’s no surprise we were ‘blown away.’ The strong vocalist impressed us as she sang some of her songs from her latest album Blown Away. She also did a version of Coldplay’s “Fix You.” Watch the cover below.

This is just one of the many covers Carrie Underwood has done throughout her career since winning “American Idol.” We decided to countdown the 5-time Grammy winner’s top 5 covers she’s done.

“Alone” by Heart is just one of the many that Carrie blew us away. She first sang it on “American Idol” which led to Simon Cowell to say he predicted she would win the competition and sell more records than any previous ‘Idol’ winner… and she did. She sang it again at an iHeartRadio concert to remind us why she is the ‘American Idol.’

“Walk This Way” by Aerosmith is just one of the other most memorable performances Carrie has put on. This time, she had help from lead singer of Aerosmith, Steven Tyler. Coincidentally, he was one of the former judges on “American Idol. The two belt it out hard to this classic rock anthem.

“I Will Always Love You” is originally written by Dolly Parton, but was rerecorded and made famous by Whitney Houston. Carrie sang the song with elegance and grace as Dolly Parton even joined along to help sing along. The two delivered a powerful duet covering this popular ballad. We will always love this cover.

“Umbrella” by Rihanna was not only hot on the charts, but covered by many artists including Carrie. The performance was part of a set list when she toured with Keith Urban. The two added a country vibe to the song and we’d be glad to join in under their umbrella as long as they kept singing!

“How Great Thou Art” is the last one to complete our list and we’ve got to save the best for last! Elvis Presley’s rendition is one of the most famous covers of this song and we’re sure the “King of Rock & Roll” would be proud by her version. The video racked up nearly 15 million views on YouTube.

The videos and the poll are at the link.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    A really solid top 5. I know that everyone is going to have different opinions about what should be up there but I would have just replaced Umbrella with a Guns N' Roses cover.
    bearball49 and opry051008 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    How cool of Ryan to feature that on her website! It is just more exposure for everyone to Carrie's diversity.
    opry051008, Pi314CA and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    I'm sure Ryan feels a little bit like a proud parent, since he had a front row seat in Carrie's rise to superstardom from the very beginning.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Awesome, voted HGTA @ 75% leading so far.

Concert Stars
    All 5 covers are special indeed, but I had to vote for How Great Thou Art!
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Thank you posting this. I forgot how beautiful Carrie sang "I Will Always Love You" --it's just beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Carrie Underwood Takes On Coldplay & Five Other Stellar Artists | Ryan Seacrest - The official entertainment news site of American Idol host and American Top 40 on air radio personality!

In case you missed it, Carrie Underwood performed on “VH1 Unplugged: Carrie Underwood” last night and it’s no surprise we were ‘blown away.’ The strong vocalist impressed us as she sang some of her songs from her latest album Blown Away. She also did a version of Coldplay’s “Fix You.” Watch the cover below.

This is just one of the many covers Carrie Underwood has done throughout her career since winning “American Idol.” We decided to countdown the 5-time Grammy winner’s top 5 covers she’s done.

“Alone” by Heart is just one of the many that Carrie blew us away. She first sang it on “American Idol” which led to Simon Cowell to say he predicted she would win the competition and sell more records than any previous ‘Idol’ winner… and she did. She sang it again at an iHeartRadio concert to remind us why she is the ‘American Idol.’

“Walk This Way” by Aerosmith is just one of the other most memorable performances Carrie has put on. This time, she had help from lead singer of Aerosmith, Steven Tyler. Coincidentally, he was one of the former judges on “American Idol. The two belt it out hard to this classic rock anthem.

“I Will Always Love You” is originally written by Dolly Parton, but was rerecorded and made famous by Whitney Houston. Carrie sang the song with elegance and grace as Dolly Parton even joined along to help sing along. The two delivered a powerful duet covering this popular ballad. We will always love this cover.

“Umbrella” by Rihanna was not only hot on the charts, but covered by many artists including Carrie. The performance was part of a set list when she toured with Keith Urban. The two added a country vibe to the song and we’d be glad to join in under their umbrella as long as they kept singing!

“How Great Thou Art” is the last one to complete our list and we’ve got to save the best for last! Elvis Presley’s rendition is one of the most famous covers of this song and we’re sure the “King of Rock & Roll” would be proud by her version. The video racked up nearly 15 million views on YouTube.

The videos and the poll are at the link.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Interesting that singing a hymn is considered a cover! I voted for HGTA, I still get teary eyed and goose bumps!!!
    rainbow1, opry051008 and Pi314CA like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I love when Carrie's videos are posted and I can go back and listen. I also hadn't heard the duet with Dolly Parton for a long time. You can see Carrie holding back - trying to sing softer with Dolly - the result was beautiful. Would love to hear her sing it alone!! Thanks for posting - I loved every minute of the rewatch of the videos. I also had to vote for HGTA. I liked her crossroads with Steven T. a whole lot - if that had been one of the selections, I may have had to vote differently - happy I didn't have the choice as HGTA is awesome!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Interesting that singing a hymn is considered a cover! I voted for HGTA, I still get teary eyed and goose bumps!!!
    Totally agree!

Junior Carrie Follower und3rw00d_l0v3r's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Exclamation Vote your favorite Carrie Underwood cover on RyanSeacrest.com!

RyanSeacrest.com tweeted a link to an article on his website talking about Carrie's recent cover of Coldplay and 5 other favorite covers she's done. You can vote in a poll for your favorite! Lets share it by liking it, and tweeting it to be one of the "most popular" stories on the site!!

Here is the direct link:

Here is the tweet:
    https://twitter.com/OnAirWithRyan/st...95488962613248
    rainbow1, Mirasa45A and Pi314CA like this.

This is great, but there's already a thread:

http://www.carriefans.com/forums/car...r-artists.html

Concert Stars

Ryan Seacrest: Which Carrie Underwood cover is the best?

Very nice article by Ryan Seacrest, posting several covers Carrie did, and asking you to pick the best. Make sure you vote!
    countryfan2006 likes this.

this is the third time this was posted, here is the orginal thread

http://www.carriefans.com/forums/car...r-artists.html
    countryfan2006 likes this.

Concert Stars
    As I was reading, I thought it would be an easy vote for Alone (pretty much always my favorite!). But I couldn't not vote for HGTA. That one is just a vocal masterpiece with so much heart.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The poll is silly in that HGTA isn't a cover. A cover, "is a new performance or recording of a contemporary or previously recorded, commercially released song or popular song. The lyrics are based on a Swedish poem written in 1885 and based on a Swedish folk music. You can't "cover" old hymns like this. Still, I would vote for it. But if you are talking true covers nothing beats Alone

Carrie Guru
    I am a huge fan of Elvis Presley and I thought a long time ago that his "How Great Thou Art" was the Best. But, when I heard Carrie Underwood's version, I changed my mind --Carrie's version is the BEST. By the way, I voted "How Great Thou Art".
    Schrodinger and Pi314CA like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    The poll is silly in that HGTA isn't a cover. A cover, "is a new performance or recording of a contemporary or previously recorded, commercially released song or popular song. The lyrics are based on a Swedish poem written in 1885 and based on a Swedish folk music. You can't "cover" old hymns like this. Still, I would vote for it. But if you are talking true covers nothing beats Alone
    Well as long as it's get the HGTA view count up to 15 million, I'm ok with it. lol!
    DaisyTweets and Schrodinger like this.

Carrie Guru
    I agree !

Not silly in that if more people will hear Carrie sing HGTA from this site, I'm all for it. The guy who wrote the article is a huge Carrie fan and I love the publicity this article will get being on Seacrest's site.
    rainbow1 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast