Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: REVIEW: Country Superstar Carrie Underwood Wows Crowd at Scotiabank Saddledome

Concert Stars
    There is no doubt left in my mind after watching "behind..." that Nashville (and others) really had an issue with Carrie.
    And I think for her career she did a decent job of trying to hide it so as to not shed negative light on them and by so doing making matterrs worse.
    I think at this point is is just part of her story that she had to deal with that.
    But I don't think it is over or gone.
    It makes me wonder how insiders felt about "Behind...."
    Truth be told, I doubt they bothered to watch.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    It sounds (per Behind the Music), that 'Nashville' had their chance with Carrie. Carrie sang at various events. She actually sang at Tootsies and had a record label interested, until the deal fell through. Thank God for Idol for giving us Carrie!
    You have to wonder if Capitol Records is regretting that they did not go through with the Development deal with Carrie when she was 15. Now I will be the first to say that Carrie at 15 was probably way to young and things may not have worked out the way they have now with her being on Idol. But you never know what would have happened had the record deal went through at 15. Anyways, I would love to have those recordings of hers when she was 15. She sounded really great back then too. I really liked the clip of "Be Myself" that they were playing in Behind the Music.
    Gator and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    I'll be honest, (get ready to throw rocks) I can see why they passed on her back then. Partly, her voice had not developed the resonance it has now. And equally, she had not developed a public personna. She looked entirely too introverted even if there was evidance of a good voice there.
    I think H.S. and college did her alot of good in dealing with people.
    And I thnk her Idol experience came at just the right time.
    But no doubt, those who had her then "could" have seen the diamond n the rough and they did not.
    Oh well!

Concert Stars
    And one more thing about that "diomond in the rough".
    Early on in her post-idol career I think alot more reviewers and cirtics could have spent more time talking about who she was "becoming". and how obvious it was that she was deveoping into an amazing aritst right in front of us.
    And as we here saw it, we hoped otheres would to.
    And they did not choose to look for that.
    Only the negative most of time.
    The only one thing that could not be denied was the voice.
    But even that they looked for fault with.
    I partly think that is why alot of them continue to be hard on her. They feel like they can't change their spots in the middle of it.
    AS much praise as they gave TS and Miranda before they deserved it, and now spend time trying to convince people how good they are, they seem to spend equal time convincing people that, like they said before, Carrie is not as good as she appears.
    Odd

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    And one more thing about that "diomond in the rough".
    Early on in her post-idol career I think alot more reviewers and cirtics could have spent more time talking about who she was "becoming". and how obvious it was that she was deveoping into an amazing aritst right in front of us.
    And as we here saw it, we hoped otheres would to.
    And they did not choose to look for that.
    Only the negative most of time.
    The only one thing that could not be denied was the voice.
    But even that they looked for fault with.
    I partly think that is why alot of them continue to be hard on her. They feel like they can't change their spots in the middle of it.
    AS much praise as they gave TS and Miranda before they deserved it, and now spend time trying to convince people how good they are, they seem to spend equal time convincing people that, like they said before, Carrie is not as good as she appears.
    Odd

Sometimes, people/critics, find it very hard to admit they were wrong. So, they just continue to spread their venom and see if they kill anyone. No such luck with Carrie.
    Her voice/artistry/personality is undeniable. You can call an artist not worthy, but the listeners can always indentify a bull**itter. People know who the real deal is.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    You have to wonder if Capitol Records is regretting that they did not go through with the Development deal with Carrie when she was 15. Now I will be the first to say that Carrie at 15 was probably way to young and things may not have worked out the way they have now with her being on Idol. But you never know what would have happened had the record deal went through at 15. Anyways, I would love to have those recordings of hers when she was 15. She sounded really great back then too. I really liked the clip of "Be Myself" that they were playing in Behind the Music.
    The Capitol deal not working out was probably for the best, there would have been no guarantee that it would have worked out and getting "chewed up and then spit out" could have had a huge negative effect on her being so young and it might have been something she would have never tried again.

On the flip side it might have worked out at the time and she may or may not be still relevant today and with the way the industry is that would be at best 50/50 and she might not have ever met Mike.

In the big picture being without question one of the Top 3 to 4 acts in all of the country genre, being a member of the Grand Ole Opry, having # 1 after # 1, having millions of albums sold and most importantly being very, very, very happy with her personal life, IMO not getting that Capitol deal was a very good thing.
    opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^^ I guess Carrie said it best when she said that she was on "God's timing". Who can argue with that??

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    Sometimes, people/critics, find it very hard to admit they were wrong. So, they just continue to spread their venom and see if they kill anyone. No such luck with Carrie.
    Her voice/artistry/personality is undeniable. You can call an artist not worthy, but the listeners can always indentify a bull**itter. People know who the real deal is.
    Sometimes critics just don't think whoever is as great as other people think that they are and that is just another reason why what any critic has to say good or bad doesn't mean a damn thing because NO artist is looking to make some fishwrap writer who isn't paying to go to the concert in the first place happy.
    opry051008 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    The Capitol deal not working out was probably for the best, there would have been no guarantee that it would have worked out and getting "chewed up and then spit out" could have had a huge negative effect on her being so young and it might have been something she would have never tried again.

On the flip side it might have worked out at the time and she may or may not be still relevant today and with the way the industry that would be at best 50/50 and she might not have ever met Mike.

In the big picture being without question one of the Top 3 to 4 acts in all of the country genre, being a member of the Grand Ole Opry, having # 1 after # 1, having millions of albums sold and most importantly being very, very, very happy with her personal life, IMO not getting that Capitol deal was a very good thing.
    I wonder if we could ever hear those songs. i loved the clip of "Be Myself" Someone should ask Carrie about them in a meet and greet.
    nccountrygal likes this.

Concert Stars
    not a bad review...

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    It worked exactly how it was supposed to work out -- it was and is God's timing!

ETA: I should have read the rest of the thread before I respond -- sorry about that!!!
    carebearcarrie likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post

On the flip side it might have worked out at the time and she may or may not be still relevant today and with the way the industry is that would be at best 50/50 and she might not have ever met Mike.

In one of the TV shows about her life Mark Bright said he knew some people in the business who knew who she was and that they thought she wasn't ready the first time she hit Nashville and I agree with your assessment JB. She definitely hit it right with Idol - it worked out perfectly for her the way it happened. Child stars many times have trouble finding their way as an adult singer, in making the transition from teenager to adult.
    bearball49 and rainbow1 like this.

The Vancouver Sun ran the article from the Calgary Herald. How nice of them to run that crap when Carrie will be in Vancouver tomorrow night.

Concert Stars
    I just read that review....I don't have enough words to trash it like it should be!!!!
    Ann055 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    The Vancouver Sun ran the article from the Calgary Herald. How nice of them to run that crap when Carrie will be in Vancouver tomorrow night.
    Yeah, those newspapers are affiliated (same ownership group). Still, a low blow don't you think? Normally a newspaper will run either a feature article before the artist is in town or a review of their show (rarely both). This seems like an unusual case.
    Ann055, rainbow1 and liz278 like this.

Concert Stars
    Not even cool to act like is coming from your paper when it isn't.
    Whatever.
    No one is going to return their tickets over it.
    Ann055 likes this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Not even cool to act like is coming from your paper when it isn't.
    Whatever.
    No one is going to return their tickets over it.
    And they are going to love the show.

Concert Stars
    So the Calgary Sun posted a good review, but they refused to print it, and instead went with a negative one from the Calgary Herald? What jerks!

Why would they print it before she even played in Vancouver?

Wow. It scares me how much some of these critics and journalists HATE Carrie. They were so eager to trash her they went with it before she even performed. Unreal.
    rainbow1, pklongbeach and Cps235 like this.

Concert Stars
    Sopie Critic tweeted the Vancover Sun, saying that he thought it was wrong to publish the Calgary piece before Carrie even got there. He replied that it wasn't his call, and agreed that it was in bad taste.

Concert Stars
    Wow I read that article from the Calgary Herald. What the heck was wrong with that guy?! Honestly, if it's not your personal preference of music, fine, but it was so negative and mean. Very unfortunate the Vancouver Sun reprinted that, especially with her coming here tomorrow.
    Ann055, teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast