• 2 Post By opry051008
  • 3 Post By Cathie Wynkoop
  • 1 Post By Suellen

Thread: Nashville Gab: Carrie Underwood Blows Nashville Away

Concert Stars

Nashville Gab: Carrie Underwood Blows Nashville Away

September 27, 2012

Carrie Underwood Blows Nashville Away

Hunter Hayes opened the show. I've had his album for awhile, and he is pretty good! Sang songs likeStorm Warning, Wanted, Somebody's Heartache, Love Makes Me. His Warner management surprised him on stage with a plaque for his number 1 song Wanted going platinum. He also surprised Warner with a plaque celebrating the number 1 song. I really like this kid - hope he sticks around.
    Next up was the woman herself, Carrie Underwood. She has a phenomenal voice! Can't imagine what this girl would be doing without American Idol. She opened the show with Good Girl, Undo It, Waster, I Told You So,and Two Black Cadillacs before her first wardrobe change. Two Black Cadillacs is my favorite song off theBlown Away album. I don't know if it will be a single or not, but I think it is a lot better than some of the uptempo songs. She came back out for Last Name, All American Girl, Temporary Home, and Jesus Take the Wheel.
    At some point, she changed clothes again into some cutoffs and Preds jersey that said Mrs. Fisher. SO cute.Preds were supposed to face off Tuesday night for the preseason. I was supposed to be at the game. I'm not even going to get into my feelings about that right now. Carrie made a cute joke about her and Mike pulling up to the concert and him saying something about her being in his arena now, and she said, "hey I as here first!" I have to admit it Mike, she was Nashville sweetheart before you came along. Go Preds!
    While in the Preds jersey she and the band were in some sort of tree house floating stagefor Cowboy Casonova, Get Out of This Town (They released a bunch of HUGE beach balls for the crowd to punch around the arena. Thank goodness Miranda Lambert wasn't there with her knife. She's been known to slash a few beach balls in her day), Nobody Ever Told You, Thank God for Hometowns, which she gave a shoutout to her hometown of Nashville. woot. woot. Crazy Dreams, and Do You Think About Me.
    Carrie came out with some metallic blue pants and rocked Leave Love Alone with Hunter Hayes. He looked like he was having so much fun up on stage. Who wouldn't like to share the stage with Carrie every night?!
    Next up was One Way Ticket, Sweet Emotion(Aerosmith cover - Carrie loves her some Steven Tyler), and Remind Me with surprise guest, Mr. Brad Paisley. I wasn't sure if Brad was going to show up since the I Heart Radio Festival was in Vegas this past weekend, but I knew if he was in town he would show up. Well, he did and Carrie was so surprised she teared up. She looked like she was having so much fun on stage with him. I think there is mad respect between her and Brad. It was awesome, and the crowd loved it!
    After Brad left, she sang Cupid's Got a Shotgun (my least favorite song off the album. I would have much preferred Wine After Whiskey on the set list.) and Before He Cheats. She thanked the crowd and was off for another wardrobe change for the encore. The Preds jersey and cutoffs won best outfit of the night. I am NOT a fan of all her dresses being so short in the front and long in the back. I know she has great legs, and I would show them off too if I were here, but wear a long dress then a short dress - not an in between. However, I am not a celebrity stylist, so what do I really know. I know it is all about the stage presence and show, so whatever floats her boat.
    Carrie ended the show with I Know You Won't, a song I always forget about from her first album. She made the stage look like a bedroom and was sitting on the bed signing a song about the boy she knows will never change. I got a few friends who need to listen to this song This song showcases her voice perfectly. I was just watching in awe. She is SO good. Makes me wonder how Taylor Swift ever beats her out for female vocalist of the year. There is no comparison. Taylor can have entertainer every year. She's amazing at that, but she has got nothing on Taylor's voice. 99.8% of America's got nothing on Carrie.
    She closed the show with Blown Away, as if anyone didn't see that one coming from a mile away. This song is dark and very different for Carrie - I love it!
    Overall, it was a great show. I'm so happy I splurged on tickets since I sold my tickets last time Carrie was in town. She's gotten a lot better with her stage presence since I saw her on the last headlining tour in '08. Check it out if she comes near you!

Carrie Underwood Blows Nashville Away

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Decent review of the show. Poor review on the clothes. He must think vocalist awards are for voice.
    jaylee50 and opry051008 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    Decent review of the show. Poor review on the clothes. He must think vocalist awards are for voice.

Imagine that!!

I think he'd prefer her to wear the shorts to show off her legs!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This person was all over the place, songs out of order , songs from the wrong cds...
    decent enough review but come on, basic stuff.

Not even gonna mention them dissing Carrie's clothes...ok I did
    but she got her favorite ,the jersey wrong, didn't say Mrs.Fisher, just Fisher.
    Ann055, Pi314CA and glenn7 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    lol Robin.

Anyway, Carrie still won him over. It's obvious that he begrudgingly wrote a good review for her.

I'm not sure how many more times I can handle "Blown Away" in the title of the reviews. But I guess it's free advertising for Carrie's cd.
    Ann055 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Going off on a wild tangent, but does Miranda hate beach balls? If so why?

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    lol Robin.

Anyway, Carrie still won him over. It's obvious that he begrudgingly wrote a good review for her.

I'm not sure how many more times I can handle "Blown Away" in the title of the reviews. But I guess it's free advertising for Carrie's cd.
    These people are really not very original. I did see one title that didn't have "blown away" in the title but I am not sure where.
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    ooo she does, she stomped the hell out of two of them at CMAfest 2 years ago.
    I think she thinks they distract people from her riveting performances.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Who is the brave soul who wrote that review?
    He sure tells it as he sees it...without censoring his thoughts.
    Amen and hallelujah!
    teesharky likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee50 View Post
    Who is the brave soul who wrote that review?
    He sure tells it as he sees it...without censoring his thoughts.
    Amen and hallelujah!
    Whoever it is seriously needs to take a writing class!!!

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    This reads like a laid back - two bears- casual-informal review. Slap a little something here and little something there;a personal preference here and a comparison to another country artist which If I'm not mistaken he mangled to death: he states: "Taylor can have Entertainer every year." (I don't think so!) "She's amazing at that." (So are others) but she's got nothing on Taylor's voice." I know what he was trying to say, but maybe he/she had more than 2 bears which clouded his/her mnd?
    He was right on when he said this about Carrie, "She is SO good!" and that "..99.8% of America's got nothing on Carrie."
    teesharky and robinannhunt like this.

It is interesting to read all these articles posted on the internet. They are not written by journalists but by unschooled people with an interest in writing. There is no researcher to help them and sometimes no education directed toward writing. I am not only talking about reviews.
    opry051008 and Ann055 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Miranda hates beach balls! lol She always pops them with her heels. It is hilarous! lol

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Miranda hates beach balls! lol She always pops them with her heels. It is hilarous! lol
    She also hates glow sticks. lol.
    Daraebe and Ann055 like this.

Concert Stars
    gorgeous pics...and love the jersey!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Whoever it is seriously needs to take a writing class!!!
    My thoughts exactly!! Very distracting.

Pretty good content in the article, but, dude, take a few basic English and writing skills classes. Especially for an online blog.

Be professional.
    Pi314CA, opry051008 and Ann055 like this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    This reads like a laid back - two bears- casual-informal review. Slap a little something here and little something there;a personal preference here and a comparison to another country artist which If I'm not mistaken he mangled to death: he states: "Taylor can have Entertainer every year." (I don't think so!) "She's amazing at that." (So are others) but she's got nothing on Taylor's voice." I know what he was trying to say, but maybe he/she had more than 2 bears which clouded his/her mnd?
    He was right on when he said this about Carrie, "She is SO good!" and that "..99.8% of America's got nothing on Carrie."

'..two bears' hehehe..I had to laugh at this myself, one might think I'd had one or two myself.

Concert Stars
    Thanks Gator, great review and pictures.
    Gator likes this.

•