Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Sassy, sweet, sensational: Underwood blows away Resch Center crowd

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

Sassy, sweet, sensational: Underwood blows away Resch Center crowd

Sassy, sweet, sensational: Underwood blows away Resch Center crowd

A lesser singer might’ve been upstaged by her own stage – and the entire section of it that took flight over a sold-out crowd with star and band on board like some kind of fabulous hot-air balloon – but not Carrie Underwood.

With a powerhouse voice capable of soaring all by itself, country music’s hottest blonde (or at least the one without “Taylor Swift’’ on the side of the tour bus) let the sheer force of her vocals ground her as the dramatic production of her Blown Away Tour literally swirled around her Wednesday night at the Resch Center.

Yes, there were giant video screens of ominous storm clouds and twisters, including an opening video that had Underwood running to a farmhouse for cover and then walking through its front door onto a sprawling stage to the cheers of 7,737 fans. Yes, the Nashville fashionista changed from glamorous, red carpet gowns and sparkling ankle boots to cutoff denim short shorts and cowboy boots to painted-on copper pants and man-killer heels five times during her nearly two-hour show. Yes, she and three musicians from her eight-piece band really did sail to the back of the arena on a rustic fenced portion of the stage tethered to four giant paper lanterns. And yes, that was Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver who climbed up on the soundboards platform during intermission to wave and blow kisses to a crowd that went wild after spotting him in the audience.

In other words, no shortage of eye candy. And yet, somehow, it was still the ear candy that stole the show.

Flirty and feisty right from the start, she opened with “Good Girl’’ and the equally sassy “Undo It.’’ It was convincing proof that Underwood, who last played the Resch in 2008, has found her footing as an entertainer as well as a singer, looking noticeably more comfortable strutting the stage and mixing it up with her band. Perhaps there’s something freeing in finally embracing her inner rocker bad girl, as she did on “Last Name,’’ the deliciously vengeful “Before He Cheats’’ and a cover of Aerosmith’s “Sweet Emotion’’ so fierce it would have blown back Steven Tyler’s hair.

But part of the appeal of Underwood is that while she’s belting out a song about a shotgun-wielding cupid throwing love grenades or a woman done wrong carving up her ex’s souped-up, four-wheel drive, she can wave and smile at her fans as sweetly as the homecoming queen. Or, to the delight of the crowd, slap a Cheesehead offered up by a fan on her head before disappearing into the floor near night’s end. (She tweeted earlier in the day that Green Bay deserved a great night out after “a rough weekend,’’ including the hashtag #norefsallowed.)

For all the pop-rock romps that fueled the concert – and there were many -- there were quieter, more traditional country moments, too. She did a Grand Ole Opry-worthy rendition of Randy Travis’ “I Told You So,’’ mined the emotional depths of her voice for stirring ballads “Temporary Home’’ and “Jesus Take the Wheel’’ and stilled a packed house with a tearful “I Know You Won’t’’ for the encore.

Opening act, 21-year-old Hunter Hayes – cute like Justin Bieber with some serious guitar-playing chops and a real ease onstage – returned later in the night to join Underwood on an uptempo “Leave Love Alone.’’ Brad Paisley showed up via video for their “Remind Me’’ duet, and she stole a page from the Kenny Chesney playbook for the island vacation getaway of “One Way Ticket’’ (complete with leis and oversized beach balls).

But those were all just fun distractions. The real attraction? That voice, which blew the crowd away all night long.
    Source: http://oshkoshhub.thenorthwestern.co...20%20title=OSH
    Pi314CA, Ace, Schrodinger and 20 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    I am in love with this review. Absolutely breathtaking! This is worth celebrating, Carrie Fans!
    rainbow1, Pi314CA, Ann055 and 2 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Loved the review of Carrie and concert!!!!!!!!!!!
    Could definitely have left TS's name out of the article - what was the point??????
    Obviously appreciates her voice!!!!
    Ann055 and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Another raving and glowing reviews and being an amazing entertainment. EOTY nom 2013 and a win here it comes. I can dream for next year.

Concert Stars
    It was a grand review, for a grand show and an especially grand Lady!!!!

Concert Stars
    Tickled silly with the review....specially the line: blow back Steven Tyler's hair! Ha! Funny!
    Ann055, PRGuy79, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post

Another great review, Thanks!

Concert Stars
    Great review! Love this:

"But those were all just fun distractions. The real attraction? That voice, which blew the crowd away all night long."
    Ann055, liz278, rainbow1 and 7 others like this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    The review was fine but he forced SWSRN down my throat again.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    The review was fine but he forced SWSRN down my throat again.
    True. But, can they 'honestly' say that her voice was the "real attraction"??

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I loved this from the review: "In other words, no shortage of eye candy. And yet somehow it was still the ear candy that stole the show."

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Cary, can I say that I loved how you provided the link and the whole article. I click on the link anyway and look at any pictures or videos along with the article but nice to read the article here. Just yesterday I happened upon a thread I missed and the article that was referenced in the thread was no longer available at the link. So thanks!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Cary, can I say that I loved how you provided the link and the whole article. I click on the link anyway and look at any pictures or videos along with the article but nice to read the article here. Just yesterday I happened upon a thread I missed and the article that was referenced in the thread was no longer available at the link. So thanks!
    We force people to go to the link to stay out of trouble with the publication. If we always put the whole article on our site then the site who wrote the article would get no advertising revenue and we might get in trouble. This may not be the rule any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    If you are talking about the article I posted within a thread that was no longer available, I don't know what to say. The article was there when I posted it. I always check links to make sure they work.

In any event, on articles that are posted to begin a thread, especially if they are long, I was told not to post the entire article so that people would click the link so the site got the hits. I spend a great deal of time posting new threads and, when appropriate, other articles within threads, so if that is not wanted here, I can cease to do so and spend my time doing something else.

Thanks for posting Cary! I loved the review, especially this line:

The real attraction? That voice, which blew the crowd away all night long.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great review

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    We force people to go to the link to stay out of trouble with the publication. If we always put the whole article on our site then the site who wrote the article would get no advertising revenue and we might get in trouble. This may not be the rule any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    If you are talking about the article I posted within a thread that was no longer available, I don't know what to say. The article was there when I posted it. I always check links to make sure they work.

In any event, on articles that are posted to begin a thread, especially if they are long, I was told not to post the entire article so that people would click the link so the site got the hits. I spend a great deal of time posting new threads and, when appropriate, other articles within threads, so if that is not wanted here, I can cease to do so and spend my time doing something else.
    Robin is right, copyright issues.

I was the one who asked Ann not to post the entire article which is according to the policy of CF. As far as I know that hasn't changed.

Ann, for you to think that what you do here is not wanted, I think that you have no idea how much you are appreciated around here.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Ann, you spoil us rotten and I for one really appreciate all your work - it makes it so easy for us fans!! THANKS!!

I really appreciate everyone who gives us clips, photos and articles - thats why I love coming on here!!!!!!!
    PRGuy79, gabulldogmom, Ace and 4 others like this.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    Ann, you spoil us rotten and I for one really appreciate all your work - it makes it so easy for us fans!! THANKS!!

I really appreciate everyone who gives us clips, photos and articles - thats why I love coming on here!!!!!!!
    I too appreciate everyone who post the pictures, videos and reviews. I like coming here better than the official web site, it is much easier to see everything here.
    opry051008, Suellen and PRGuy79 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I don't understand the TS comment. Is he saying TS is hot?
    With a powerhouse voice capable of soaring all by itself, country music’s hottest blonde (or at least the one without “Taylor Swift’’ on the side of the tour bus) let the sheer force of her vocals ground her as the dramatic production of her Blown Away Tour literally swirled around her Wednesday night at the Resch Center.
    Aside from this confusing comment, great article. I'm so glad I saw this concert. I'd be sick to my stomach reading these incredible reviews if I hadn't seen it. Now I can rejoice in appreciation. Carrie's "Blown Away Tour" is by far the best concert I have ever been to.
    liz278, bearball49 and DaisyTweets like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast