Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Country weekly magazine review

  1. #1
    Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,059

    Country weekly magazine review



    The wind began to switch and Bridgestone Arena began to pitch Sunday (Sept. 23) when Carrie Underwood’s Blown Away Tour stopped into the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Nashville[/COLOR][/COLOR] landmark for a hometown show.
    Thankfully, there was a “Storm Warning,” when opening act Hunter Hayes took the stage. A true showman, Hunter regaled thousands of screaming young fans while playing cuts from his [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]debut [COLOR=blue !important]album[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], along with an energetic cover of the Bruno Mars hit “Just the Way You Are.” Aside from his much-lauded guitar prowess, Hunter, an engaging entertainer, kept fans on their feet for most of his performance and whipped the already enthusiastic crowd into a frenzy for Carrie’s arrival.
    And arrive she did! In a flurry of graphics, flashing lights and electric guitar, Carrie set the pace for the entire show kicking things off with the rockin’ opener, “Good Girl,“ before rolling into the equally sassy “Undo It.“ She then slowed things down for just a moment with the poignant “Wasted.“
    With a set list neartly two dozen songs strong, the audience was treated to a roller-coaster ride of tempo and emotion—from ballads to rockers, from tender love to intense anger. And Carrie liberally peppered new cuts such as “One Way Ticket” and “Cupid’s Got a Shotgun” in with big hits including “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” “Before He Cheats,” “Temporary Home” and “Cowboy Casanova.” She also revealed her diverse musical taste, covering Randy Travis’ “I Told You So” and Aerosmith’s “Sweet Emotion.”

    To read further go to this link:

    Carrie Underwood Blows Away Adopted Hometown - Country Weekly

  • #2
    Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,059
    "If anyone has ever questioned Carrie’s standing as one of the best female vocalists in the history of country, with her Blown Away Tour, she now establishes herself as one of the best overall entertainers."

    High praise.
    Last edited by robinannhunt; 09-25-2012 at 02:26 PM.

  • #3
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,359
    Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie is reading every single one of these!!!!

  • #4
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Raleigh , North Carolina
    Posts
    3,684
    Concert Stars
    Wow at all of these great reviews! I am loving it!

  • #5
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,545
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    Wow at all of these great reviews! I am loving it!
    Me too. I have never seen any reviews like this and all the previous BA reviews on her previous tours. I a loving this BA era and this tour. I will see her in 9 days. Yaaay!!!!
    opry051008 and nccountrygal like this.

  • #6
    Ultimate Carrie Fan cassie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,027
    Concert Stars
    Finally! The critics and reviewers are seeing and hearing what we all have from day one! Continue to Blow them Away Carrie! You are truly one of a kind!

  • #7
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Ann055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,189
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    "If anyone has ever questioned Carrie’s standing as one of the best female vocalists in the history of country, with her Blown Away Tour, she now establishes herself as one of the best overall entertainers."

    High praise.
    Yes, FINALLY! I'm so loving these reviews and I too hope Carrie is seeing them. Thanks for posting Robin!

  • #8
    Insane Carrie Fan judes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,545
    Concert Stars
    Love this review - they are really getting Carrie and what she does - it just took a tornado to knock some sense into them! - But it is true that the Blown Away album has sterling material and combined with her past hits , it makes a winner of a concert! Keep the great buzz going!!
    Along with the Blown Away tunes she's singing one of my fav Carrie tunes - Crazy Dreams!
    Gator and nccountrygal like this.

  • #9
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,042
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    "If anyone has ever questioned Carrie’s standing as one of the best female vocalists in the history of country, ther Blown Away Tour, she now establishes herself as one of the best overall entertainers."

    High praise.
    I agree with you. I've been waiting these statements from a music reviewer for a along time, especially this: "she now establishes herself as one of the best overall entertainers."

  • #10
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,621
    Concert Stars
    Judes, I also love the song "Crazy Dreams". The other unexpected song she sang was "Get OUt of this Town" also one of my favorites.

  • #11
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    "If anyone has ever questioned Carrie’s standing as one of the best female vocalists in the history of country, ther Blown Away Tour, she now establishes herself as one of the best overall entertainers."

    High praise.
    Yes it is HIGH PRAISE but its also very true!!!! So I have no problem at all with them saying it and seeing it print.

  • #12
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,559
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee50 View Post
    Judes, I also love the song "Crazy Dreams". The other unexpected song she sang was "Get OUt of this Town" also one of my favorites.
    That is one of the things that are so great about this tour, she brings back her non-single fan favs. (CD, GOOTH, IKYW)

    The reviews have been talking about how diverse the music is in her tour so another great thing is that with the exception of Sweet Emotion, every one of the songs she sings is her own.
    Ann055 and jaylee50 like this.

  • #13
    Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chino, CA
    Posts
    13,711
    Concert Stars
    Great reviews so far

  • #14
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,708
    Concert Stars
    Wow the great reviews just keep on coming.

    The cma/acm voters will look like major aholes if they snub this tour too.

    It is the most creative tour and most visually exciting of all tours this year.

  • #15
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,105
    Concert Stars
    I am thrilled at all the wonderful reviews for the BA Tour. They are more than well-deserved!

    It would be hard-pressed for them to not recognize Carrie's talents on this tour. There is absolutely NO doubt that there is a MEGA SUPERSTAR on stage from the start to the finish. It is literally impossible to describe this show, even via videos, and do it justice. It IS an "experience" brought to all by a Mega Superstar.

    Before the show, I told my newly-converted Carrie fan friends, to brace themselves because I could not possibly describe what they are about to experience. (I jokingly said, it's like when everyone tries to explain what it feels like to have a baby. You really have no concept until you are experiencing it.) lol Let's just say that they were in total amazement throughout the show and talked about it endlessly afterward. They said they had never seen such a spectacular show. Nor, had they ever heard anyone sing that amazing live. They could not thank me enough for the opportunity!

    Honestly, anyone who has not seen the BA Tour show, must if they have the means to do so. It is probably more amazing than anyone could ever imagine. EPIC!

  • #16
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    GA.
    Posts
    3,675
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post


    The wind began to switch and Bridgestone Arena began to pitch Sunday (Sept. 23) when Carrie Underwood’s Blown Away Tour stopped into the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Nashville[/COLOR][/COLOR] landmark for a hometown show.
    Thankfully, there was a “Storm Warning,” when opening act Hunter Hayes took the stage. A true showman, Hunter regaled thousands of screaming young fans while playing cuts from his [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]debut [COLOR=blue !important]album[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], along with an energetic cover of the Bruno Mars hit “Just the Way You Are.” Aside from his much-lauded guitar prowess, Hunter, an engaging entertainer, kept fans on their feet for most of his performance and whipped the already enthusiastic crowd into a frenzy for Carrie’s arrival.
    And arrive she did! In a flurry of graphics, flashing lights and electric guitar, Carrie set the pace for the entire show kicking things off with the rockin’ opener, “Good Girl,“ before rolling into the equally sassy “Undo It.“ She then slowed things down for just a moment with the poignant “Wasted.“
    With a set list neartly two dozen songs strong, the audience was treated to a roller-coaster ride of tempo and emotion—from ballads to rockers, from tender love to intense anger. And Carrie liberally peppered new cuts such as “One Way Ticket” and “Cupid’s Got a Shotgun” in with big hits including “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” “Before He Cheats,” “Temporary Home” and “Cowboy Casanova.” She also revealed her diverse musical taste, covering Randy Travis’ “I Told You So” and Aerosmith’s “Sweet Emotion.”

    To read further go to this link:

    Carrie Underwood Blows Away Adopted Hometown - Country Weekly
    Sorry CW, I would estimate less than 20% of the crowd was standing for Hunter for anyone time during his set, I did at the end of a couple of songs Hunter did, but did not see hardly anyone on the floor standing when I did cause I think he was that good and deserved it. There where a few young girls standing thru out, but that's it. But 99% of whole the arena stood for the entire Carrie show, only to sit down for costume changes.

  • #17
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,559
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    The cma/acm voters will look like major aholes if they snub this tour too.
    But they are major *holes. lol!
    Last edited by opry051008; 09-25-2012 at 05:54 PM.

  • #18
    Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,059
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn7 View Post
    Sorry CW, I would estimate less than 20% of the crowd was standing for Hunter for anyone time during his set, I did at the end of a couple of songs Hunter did, but did not see hardly anyone on the floor standing when I did cause I think he was that good and deserved it. There where a few young girls standing thru out, but that's it. But 99% of whole the arena stood for the entire Carrie show, only to sit down for costume changes.
    I was wondering about that statement by CW. I will see it for myself but I am glad you mentioned it. It was writted to infer that a lot of the audience was there for hunter.
    Ann055 likes this.

  • #19
    Insane Carrie Fan Marie2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,862
    humm maybe in 2013 history might be made for the first time since 19** two females (Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood) nominated for EOTY and one female artist takes home the award. (unfortunately more than likely it would be taylor) after all carrie performing in front of around 10k is going to seem like a joke compare to taylor having sold out concerts for all of her tour dates a week after they go on sale to public, performing in arenas that holds 15k, and touring in the North America, Europe, Asia, Oceania/Australia, and maybe going over to south america of something. i can see in now TS Red world tour Jan 2013-July 2014. idk what continents Taylor is going to perform on this tour but i think that north america, europe, and Oceania/Australia is a definite possibility. #just saying i for one am not going to get my hopes up, i gotten my hopes up in 2010 for a cma eoty nom for carrie, in 2011 for a nom for cma CVOTY for brad, and most recently in 2012 a cma nom for BA, but guess what NONE of those things happen, and BA is NOT going to get a nom for AOTY next year, cause it was released during the 2012 elgibility period, and not the 2013 eligibility period, less face it TS is going to win eoty this year and next year,and one of the reasons why is because she is supposedly bringing country music over to pop.

  • #20
    Insane Carrie Fan Suellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,773
    Concert Stars
    Thanks Robin, love this review especially the last paragraph.


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •