Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: The Boot - Carrie Underwood Leaves Nashville Blown Away

The Boot - Carrie Underwood Leaves Nashville Blown Away

Carrie Underwood Leaves Nashville Blown Away - The Boot

Carrie Underwood's Blown Away tour touched down in Nashville last night (Sept. 23) at Bridgestone Arena, leaving fans and music industry pals thoroughly awed by the perfect storm of visuals, special effects and, of course, Carrie's amazing vocals. From the show opener, "Good Girl," to her stunning encore of "Blown Away," the Oklahoma native's voice was a consistently powerful, emotionally riveting instrument.

The tour boasts a lot of cool bells and whistles in terms of production, but the songstress' vocal gift is never lost amongst the videos and effects. A lesser artist might seem overwhelmed by the things swirling around her (sometimes things literally swirling around), but Carrie's talent is bigger than the giant video screens and state-of-the-art production. Her voice is the anchor that gives the evening its considerable emotional punch.

She followed "Good Girl" with "Undo It" and had the audience on its feet cheering and singing along. Next up was a stirring performance of "Wasted," a chart-topping hit from her 2005 debut album Some Hearts. Looking stunning in a dark blue dress with an asymmetrical hem and lots of bling on the bodice, CMA Entertainer of the Year nominee welcomed the crowd to the venue, and noted that she spent a lot of time there. Her husband, Mike Fisher, plays for Nashville's hockey team, the Predators. On the way into the arena that evening, she jested with her husband about Bridgestone being where their two worlds met, leading Mike to say, "You're on my turf now," however, she reminded he that she was "here first."

Next up, Carrie shared a song that has long been one of her favorites, as she launched into a gorgeous rendition of "I Told You So," originally a hit for Randy Travis. Switching gears, she then served up "Two Black Cadillacs," one of the many highlights on the Blown Away album. Before her next number, she told the crowd, "I love this song! I hope you guys open your hearts to it and love it as much as I do." She then delivered a compelling performance of "Temporary Home," which hardly left a dry eye in the house.

During the evening, Carrie delighted the audience with such hits as "Last Name," "All-American Girl," "Jesus, Take the Wheel," "Cowboy Casanova" and "Before He Cheats," along with liberal doses of the new album, including the Caribbean-flavored "One Way Ticket," "Nobody Ever Told You," "Do You Think About Me," "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" and "Thank God for Hometowns." She even threw in an absolutely rockin' cover of Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion."

NOTE: Please click link to read remainder of article.

Carrie Underwood Leaves Nashville Blown Away - The Boot

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This article says David Cook was there as well! I love everyone's support

Concert Stars
    The tour boasts a lot of cool bells and whistles in terms of production, but the songstress' vocal gift is never lost amongst the videos and effects. A lesser artist might seem overwhelmed by the things swirling around her (sometimes things literally swirling around), but Carrie's talent is bigger than the giant video screens and state-of-the-art production. Her voice is the anchor that gives the evening its considerable emotional punch.

WOW!

Concert Stars
    Another awesome pic!

The article is quite lengthy, so don't forget to click on the link to read it all. There are some wonderful pictures from the concert in a photo gallery as well.
    opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Same nasty commenter's as the Billboard article. I think they just go from one article to another posting negative comments. Sorry Ann, I tried not to look but the comment was just sitting there staring at me!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this article though!
    DizzyDollyDee, Ann055 and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow what a great review. Love the line, "but beyond the brilliance of her vocal gift, one of the most appealing things about seeing Carrie live is just the sheer joy she exudes when connecting with her audience."

Carrie Guru
    She delivered a flawless performance song after song after song, but beyond the brilliance of her vocal gift, one of the most appealing things about seeing Carrie live is just the sheer joy she exudes when connecting with her audience. It's obvious she is loving every minute of it and that feeling is contagious. It's easy to get swept away and no doubt many will as the Blown Away tour storms along.
    You cannot teach this, you have to be born with it since this is a God's given talent.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Same nasty commenter's as the Billboard article. I think they just go from one article to another posting negative comments. Sorry Ann, I tried not to look but the comment was just sitting there staring at me!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this article though!
    It is pretty clear the guy is huge jerk, his user name looks like he intended to combine the C word with Underwood..."Get a rope!"
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Anyone else catch the HUGE mistake in the article????? One would think that The Boot of all places would know the nominees of the upcoming award show.

Concert Stars
    Superb review!!!! Thanks again, Ann!
    Ann055 likes this.

Concert Stars
    gorgeous pic and great review!

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Anyone else catch the HUGE mistake in the article????? One would think that The Boot of all places would know the nominees of the upcoming award show.

The CMA EOTY comment
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Anyone else catch the HUGE mistake in the article?????
    CMA Entertainer of the Year Nominee? Guess they feel what REALLY should happen or already should have happened.
    Schrodinger and Smokyiiis like this.

Concert Stars
    They are pointing out the snub and making it clear to the public

Concert Stars
    Hope you're right about that Smokey!!!
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    CMA Entertainer of the Year Nominee? Guess they feel what REALLY should happen or already should have happened.
    I wonder if they're even CMA members?
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Ugh! I should have known better to read the comments. Are those 4 comments from the same person?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Brad surprising Carrie on RM.

up close:

full video: Carrie Underwood Remind Me in Nashville - YouTube

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by kcjune View Post
    Ugh! I should have known better to read the comments. Are those 4 comments from the same person?
    probably haha.
    Becca

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast