• 2 Post By countryfan2006
  • 3 Post By Claire2004
  • 3 Post By DaisyTweets
  • 1 Post By jbrown
  • 1 Post By rainbow1
  • 2 Post By Mirasa45A

Thread: recap: Carrie Underwood Plays Bridgestone Arena - The Tennessean

recap: Carrie Underwood Plays Bridgestone Arena - The Tennessean

recap: Carrie Underwood plays Bridgestone Arena | Tune In Music City | The Tennessean

Five costume changes, a flying stage, and a man-made tornado were just a few of the tricks Carrie Underwood used to keep the audience entertained during her nearly two-hour set at Bridgestone Arena on Sunday night.

Underwood’s voice soared on hit after hit including the show’s opening songs “Good Girl,” “Undo It” and “Wasted,” which she effortlessly delivered in a strapless blue and black gown with a fitted, studded bodice and a full skirt featuring a high-low hemline to show off her toned legs.

“It’s so good to be playing a song a show here in Nashville,” Underwood said, when she addressed the crowd for the first time. “You have no idea how much time I spend in Bridgestone Arena. I walked in with my husband (Nashville Predators player Mike Fisher) earlier, and I said, ‘This is where our worlds collide.’ He said, ‘You’re on my turf now.’ I said ‘(No way,) I was here first.’”

Underwood worked every angle of her large stage, which was backed with enormous geometric, high definition screens that moved to form shapes giving many of the video scenes she used to punctuate her songs an added depth or 3D illusion.

The singer disappeared under the stage for her first costume change at the end of “Two Black Cadalliacs” and returned in her second gown of the evening to thank the songwriters in the crowd which included Ashley Gorley, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Kear, Kelley Lovelace, Chris Tompkins, Luke Laird, Dave Berg and Dan Couch.

NOTE: Please click the link to read the remainder of the article.

recap: Carrie Underwood plays Bridgestone Arena | Tune In Music City | The Tennessean

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Nice article, i love the picture.. Thanks Ann055.
    Countryfan2448 and Ann055 like this.

Concert Stars
    awesome review and i love the pic!

Awesome:

As she thanked the audience for coming out and wished them a safe trip home, Underwood – as she had been all night -- was the picture of poise, confidence and charm. She might have landed in country music’s brightest spotlight seven years ago thanks to “American Idol,” but it’s consistent, flawless performances and knowing how to choose music that speaks to her fans that make her one of the genre’s most engaging stars.
    Hil, rainbow1 and robinannhunt like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Gosh Ann, I'm beginning to think you never sleep!!!! Thanks for all the stuff you find to share with us! It's greatly appreciated.
    nccountrygal, Ann055 and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countryfan2006 View Post
    Nice article, i love the picture.. Thanks Ann055.
    Yes, Ann thanks so much for the find. Great great article.
    Ann055 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Thanks Ann. Very nice article and great picture. I love that paragraph too, Claire!!
    Ann055 likes this.

Concert Stars
    This is a great recap of the concert. I love that so many other stars turned out to see Carrie perform. Nice touch with the Predators jersey when she took to the "flying stage". And I'm so glad that Brad joined her onstage for their duet. The two of them are like the Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty of modern country music!

Carrie Guru
    As she thanked the audience for coming out and wished them a safe trip home, Underwood – as she had been all night -- was the picture of poise, confidence and charm. She might have landed in country music’s brightest spotlight seven years ago thanks to “American Idol,” but it’s consistent, flawless performances and knowing how to choose music that speaks to her fans that make her one of the genre’s most engaging stars.
    I love the sentences above .
    Schrodinger and robinannhunt like this.

Concert Stars
    awesome review and love the pic..she looks so cute!

•