Like Tree24Likes
  • 13 Post By Ann055
  • 1 Post By rainbow1
  • 7 Post By Ann055
  • 2 Post By opry051008
  • 1 Post By liveasong

Thread: Carrie Underwood Plans To Take Latest Tour Over The Top

Carrie Underwood Plans To Take Latest Tour Over The Top

Carrie Underwood plans to take latest tour over the top | Tune In Music City | The Tennessean

Even after selling more than 15 million albums and charting 15 No. 1 songs, a part of Carrie Underwood still worries that no one is going to show up to see her perform.

“It still amazes me that people spend their hard-earned money to come and hear me sing, and that’s a cool feeling,” she says. “But there is always the worry and the disbelief that people aren’t going to come.”

Underwood’s concern seems unfounded. The singer’s two previous headlining tours — 2008’s Carnival Ride and 2010’s Play On tours — boasted nearly 250 shows with 2.2 million fans in attendance.

And when the same fans turn out to see Underwood’s Blown Away Tour in the coming months, she pledges to top many of the jaw-dropping moments — think the flying truck that carried the singer to the back of the arena — from the last tour.

Underwood brings the tour to Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena Sunday, with rising star Hunter Hayes opening the show.

“I’m a competitive person, so I want it to be bigger and better,” she says during a phone call from tour rehearsal in Atlanta. “We’ll take elements that really worked in the last show and build those up. Way back when I was going to concerts (I would have to sit in the back), so I want to give them something really special, too. We have a way to get back there this time, because it worked so well with the truck last time. But we changed it up.”

She’s also added some new and unexpected elements this go-around. Underwood participated in a series of planning meetings where she learned about new technology and just what today’s cutting-edge tools could bring to her live show.

“I get to basically create a storm on stage, which is something I didn’t know was possible to do,” she says. “Everything is a collaborative effort.”

Underwood and her team divided the tour into acts by which songs work best when performed together. She listened to them on her computer in the order she would sing them and thought about the environment each grouping created.

“Some will be intense and others will be a little more stripped down,” she explains.

Underwood also matches her wardrobe changes to the mood each act conveys. She has four acts and three outfits to choose from for each, because, she says, “I don’t want to wear the same clothes every day.”

The wardrobe variations also serve to create different experiences for fans who attend more than one of her concerts on this tour.

“I would get bored with that, and I think other people might, too,” she says. “We try to keep it interesting all the way through the tour.”

NOTE: Please click on link to read the rest of the article. It is a lengthy one.

Carrie Underwood plans to take latest tour over the top | Tune In Music City | The Tennessean

Concert Stars
    sounds like she is doing just that!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    A nice article.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Awesome article, thanks a mil for the find.

Concert Stars
    Will be praying for an extra special night, on Sunday!!!!
    Ann055 likes this.

I like this pic of Carrie and the Band

Carrie's shirt - Good Girls Love Bad Boys...haha

Carrie Guru
    “These are people I’m going to talk to afterwards, and either they are going to be blown away and so excited or they’re going to lie to me and say that they were,” she says.
    Carrie's so funny. lol.
    liveasong and Ann055 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    I like this pic of Carrie and the Band

Carrie's shirt - Good Girls Love Bad Boys...haha
    Oh cool! I knew that Carrie loved me
    Ann055 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    "Tour rehearsal in Atlanta". WHERE In Atlanta? Gainesville?? Wish I had known about this..

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    great article. Its nice to know how many different outfits we can expect for each section

•