• 3 Post By maddkat
  • 2 Post By kewlie78189
  • 8 Post By teesharky
  • 3 Post By opry051008
  • 3 Post By Suellen

Thread: Carrie Underwood Performs in Worcester

Carrie Underwood Performs in Worcester

Carrie Underwood performs in Worcester | masslive.com

WORCESTER _ Country star Carrie Underwood made sure to cover all the bases with her two hour performance at the DCU Center on Wednesday night. As part of the fall leg of her “Blown Away” tour, Underwood included a duet with opener Hunter Hayes, a video appearance from Brad Paisley, and a cover of Aerosmith’s “Sweet Emotion.”

Not to mention a floating stage, confetti cannons, and giant beach balls.

Bases covered.

Despite all the little surprises, the biggest might have been that the 2004 winner of “American Idol” didn’t sell out the venue (there were empty seats all along the top of the arena). Perhaps some fans were holding out for the Nov. 10 date at the XL Center in Hartford.

And even with all the bells and whistles it should be noted that this was not just another bells and whistles arena concert. Underwood may be the most talented “idol” of them all and has proven her staying power with multi-platinum sales. She can sing as well as anyone in the country genre and didn’t cut any corners with her Worcester performance.

The show opened with an Oz-like video, twisters all about, and Underwood emerging from a video board diorama to sing “Good Girl.” She mixed tempos well, from the semi-rocker “Wasted” to the Randy Travis ballad “I Told You So.”

The hits were on display, from “Jesus Take The Wheel,” to “Last Name,” and she brought her eight-piece band over the top with the bombastic “Cowboy Casanova.”

While the band stretched out that song, the crew quickly assembled a floating stage that Underwood and her mates mounted to ride across the hall. While in motion, they offered semi-acoustic versions of “Thank God For Hometowns,” and “Crazy Dreams.”

On the return route, the confetti and beach balls came out as Underwood sang “One Way Ticket.” She made it back to the stage to be greeted by Hayes for a run through “Leave Love Alone.”

Her version of Aerosmith’s “Sweet Emotion” was sterilized but passable and her duet with Paisley, appearing via recorded video, was a highlight.

Underwood closed the main portion of the set with “Before He Cheats” and closed out the two song encore with the title track to her latest release “Blown Away.”

Hunter Hayes delivered a 30 minute opening set that featured his chart topping hit “Wanted.”

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Thanks Ann055, Great article they have the information on when Carrie won idol wrong It was 2005 not 2004 .
    Ann055 likes this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I don't know why this reporter found it necessary to point out at the beginning yet, that not all the seats were filled. And I could pick on one or two other things but I'm just being nit picky....in general an OK review.
    rainbow1, Ann055 and Schrodinger like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    not a big fan of this review, sounds 'sterilized'
    Schrodinger, Ann055 and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    ^^ kinda agree with that...and I don't like that people get idol info wrong...its like do some research people LOL
    Ann055 and robinannhunt like this.

Concert Stars
    It was a good review though overall. I just think it was unnecessary to mention some empty seats at the top in the nose bleeds. So what? Most artists are a few hundred seats or so shy of a sellout.

Carrie is playing to bigger crowds now then the PO tour as she is opening up more seats in most venues. So that is why it is not a sellout. But in the end I think we will see bigger numbers then the PO tour.
    Ann055, PRGuy79, rainbow1 and 5 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Imao this isn't even a review, it's more of a description of the concert.

Regarding the empty seats, the top rows of section 200 did not go on sale and the 300 section did not go on sale for this concert.

There were about 300 tickets left from what was available for sale earlier in the day of the concert so she's pretty close to a sellout even if she didn't sell out. But note that some extra rows had been added to what was made available originally.
    maddkat, Ann055 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Thanks Ann, may not be the best review but its still a good review. One thing I do have to disagree with is when he mentioned "She can sing as well as anyone in the country genre"; Carrie sings better than anyone in the country genre.
    Ann055, robinannhunt and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    The review sounded cold, no emotion in his writing. I doubt that they would lead off a review of a male's concert, like they did here!!

Also, the picture the writer put in the article was from when Carrie was in London -- didn't much seem like he cared about the concert to me - jmo.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I think any one of us following this thread could have written a better review and you would have never known we were not there. Not into country music at all is what I surmized. Funny that it came accross as snarky as Carrie usually can turn even casual concert goers. Must be one of those people that inherited the Brit's stick up the butt attitude that can affect some New Englanders. Luckily, not many have inherited this nasty disease and even Brits themselves for thec most part are loosening up these days.

•