Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree73Likes
  • 19 Post By Ann055
  • 3 Post By Suellen
  • 1 Post By robinannhunt
  • 6 Post By opry051008
  • 7 Post By judes
  • 8 Post By DaisyTweets
  • 2 Post By AdamJ
  • 1 Post By Burst
  • 13 Post By robinannhunt
  • 3 Post By opry051008
  • 5 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 1 Post By teesharky
  • 1 Post By rainbow1
  • 3 Post By Mirasa45A

Thread: From Country Aircheck: Carrie Tour: Blown Away (WTHT Portland, ME Host Review)

  1. #1
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Ann055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,189

    From Country Aircheck: Carrie Tour: Blown Away (WTHT Portland, ME Host Review)

    https://t.co/C4AhqHJi

    September 17, 2012

    Carrie Tour: Blown Away
    If Carrie Underwood’s goal was to leave fans blown away,
    WTHT/Portland, ME APD/MD/midday host Cory Garrison tells
    Country Aircheck she delivered.
    Garrison made the two-hour trip to
    Manchester, NH to see the Blown
    Away Tour opener, and he urges
    programmers to roll out the red carpet
    when it comes to their town.
    “Carrie’s always been great, but
    now she’s in a league of her own,” he
    says. “It was more than a show, it was
    an experience.” Garrison points to an
    “amped-up” energy, multiple wardrobe changes and special effects,
    and a floating platform that had her hovering high above the audience
    at one point. Underwood squeezed 23 songs into her set, including a
    cover of Aerosmith’s “Sweet Emotion” and a duet with opener Hunter
    Hayes called “Leave Love Alone.” There was even a duet with a
    holographic Brad Paisley on “Remind Me.”
    “It’s obvious that she’s gained experience and is even more
    connected with her audience,” Garrison says. “It was interesting
    to see the varying demographics in the crowd, too. From young to
    old, they were all there. She’s definitely country’s most powerful
    female voice and I’m not sure there’s anyone that represents
    us like she does. There’s a real value in seeing this show, and it
    shows that the format is stronger than ever.”
    Underwood brings the Blown Away Tour to Providence, RI
    tonight (9/17) and Worcester, MA on Wednesday (9/19).
    –Russ Penuell
    Suellen, bearball49, Hil and 16 others like this.

  • #2
    Insane Carrie Fan Suellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,788
    Concert Stars
    Thanks Ann, loving the great reviews of the Blown Away concerts.
    Ann055, utlovescarrie and rainbow1 like this.

  • #3
    Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,059
    Now that was the review I was after, lol.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #4
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,585
    She’s definitely country’s most powerful female voice and I’m not sure there’s anyone that represents us like she does
    Too bad nobody from the CMA's is listening.

    But what a great review, thanks Ann.

  • #5
    Obsessed Carrie Fan _luvqry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    https://t.co/C4AhqHJi

    September 17, 2012

    Carrie Tour: Blown Away
    If Carrie Underwood’s goal was to leave fans blown away,
    WTHT/Portland, ME APD/MD/midday host Cory Garrison tells
    Country Aircheck she delivered.
    Garrison made the two-hour trip to
    Manchester, NH to see the Blown
    Away Tour opener, and he urges
    programmers to roll out the red carpet
    when it comes to their town.
    “Carrie’s always been great, but
    now she’s in a league of her own,” he
    says. “It was more than a show, it was
    an experience.” Garrison points to an
    “amped-up” energy, multiple wardrobe changes and special effects,
    and a floating platform that had her hovering high above the audience
    at one point. Underwood squeezed 23 songs into her set, including a
    cover of Aerosmith’s “Sweet Emotion” and a duet with opener Hunter
    Hayes called “Leave Love Alone.” There was even a duet with a
    holographic Brad Paisley on “Remind Me.”
    “It’s obvious that she’s gained experience and is even more
    connected with her audience,” Garrison says. “It was interesting
    to see the varying demographics in the crowd, too. From young to
    old, they were all there. She’s definitely country’s most powerful
    female voice and I’m not sure there’s anyone that represents
    us like she does
    . There’s a real value in seeing this show, and it
    shows that the format is stronger than ever.”
    Underwood brings the Blown Away Tour to Providence, RI
    tonight (9/17) and Worcester, MA on Wednesday (9/19).
    –Russ Penuell
    it feels great to read that.

  • #6
    Insane Carrie Fan judes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,545
    Concert Stars
    I referred to the PLay ON tour as an experience not to be missed - and judging just from the few videos I've seen of this
    Blown Away tour, this one is an experience ++ not to be missed! I'm so happy to see a radio personality enjoy her show and get the point of it all - I hope there are more reviewers who are blown away!

  • #7
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,484
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Too bad nobody from the CMA's is listening.

    But what a great review, thanks Ann.
    Well, they still have time to listen and vote for her for FVOTY. That award rightfully belongs to her this year and I'd challenge anyone who thinks otherwise!!!

  • #8
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,400
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Well, they still have time to listen and vote for her for FVOTY. That award rightfully belongs to her this year and I'd challenge anyone who thinks otherwise!!!
    I second that. Thanks Ann. Great article. This is the kind of review I really enjoy reading.
    Ann055 and rainbow1 like this.

  • #9
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Burst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,370
    Great review, thanks!
    Ann055 likes this.

  • #10
    Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,059
    The article was on the front page also. In case people don't know this publication is for the radio industry and is generated each week. I get it and I don't remember ever seeing a writeup like that for any other artist. Very nice.

  • #11
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,585
    Cory Garrison must have already been a fan to travel 2 hours to see her.

  • #12
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,546
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Burst View Post
    Great review, thanks!
    Very great indeed. More to come I hope.

  • #13
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,042
    “It was more than a show, it was
    an experience.”
    I like this sentence from the writer.

  • #14
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,797
    Concert Stars
    awesome since this was posted on Country aircheck for everyone to see! Very cool!
    Ann055 likes this.

  • #15
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,380
    Concert Stars
    WoW, that was something!! Thanks Ann!
    Ann055 likes this.

  • #16
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,042
    A concert of a Female artist (singer) without "Dancing / Dancers" and have this kind of review is very impressive, in my opinion. Well, Carrie's charm and charisma are superior than any dancing / dancers.

  • #17
    Carrie Fans Maniac kewlie78189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,142
    Concert Stars
    wow lets keep these coming!

  • #18
    Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Livin the life one Carrie song at a time
    Posts
    3,415
    Concert Stars
    Love these accolades!

  • #19
    Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,030
    Concert Stars
    Love this! Now that is a review!


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Country Universe - Blown Away review
      By Claire2004 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 148
      Last Post: 08-08-2012, 04:35 PM
    2. Replies: 11
      Last Post: 05-06-2012, 08:33 AM
    3. Got Country: ALBUM REVIEW: Carrie Underwood 'Blown Away'
      By Claire2004 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: 04-27-2012, 09:45 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •