Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Review: Carrie Underwood Blows Away The Webster Bank Arena Saturday Night

Review: Carrie Underwood Blows Away The Webster Bank Arena Saturday Night

Carrie Underwood Blows Away The Webster Bank Arena Saturday Night | Sound Check

Carrie Underwood has enjoyed a degree of success beyond the average American Idol winner. She has proven time and again that she has staying power, and her performance Saturday night at Bridgeport’s Webster Bank Arena was strong reminder.

Underwood’s performances aren’t much in terms of dancing about the stage. In fact it is imaginable that dancing would be difficult in the various stiletto heels she wore throughout the concert.

Pictures: Carrie Underwood Blown Away Tour In Bridgeport - Courant.com

What Underwood does do is sing, and she does it well. From belting out hits to her graceful ballads, it would be hard to forget that her voice is the determining factor of her stay of popularity.

Yet there was far more to this concert than just her singing. From what this reviewer last saw of her performing, in late 2010 at MGM Grand, the stage design was simple. A few batteries of lights, the backing band shrouded in darkness, that was all.

But then that was an amphitheater, and this was an arena. There’s a different level you can reach with an arena concert, and in that regard Underwood’s stage show was one of the most spectacular in recent memory.

In addition to the giant background monitor, there were three large screens that shifted throughout the show. The screens showed various videos throughout the concert, from exploding light bulbs to caricature silhouettes of Underwood rolling in a field with puppies.

Then there was the balloon ride.

NOTE: Please click on the link at the top of the page to read the rest of the review.
    Last edited by Ann055; 09-17-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Concert Stars
    Yeah!! Great review!!! From an actual paper too not a fan!

Please post this on fc for carrie to see.
    Cathie Wynkoop and glenn7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Yeah!! Great review!!! From an actual paper too not a fan!

Please post this on fc for carrie to see.
    Ok, Tee, will do. This is that Nick Caito that we tweeted back and forth too! Yay!!

Concert Stars
    Thats great.
    And so glad that the voice still takes center stage.
    Great review.
    rainbow1 and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

Yep - a good review. It emphasizes the singing, the range of songs, and the spectacular staging. I'll take that

(I'm nit-picking - but I'm looking forward to the day when reviewers don't feel impelled to write a Carrie review with a mention of American Idol - something, in my view, she's long outgrown as a present Country Music Queen and future legend)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Yep - a good review. It emphasizes the singing, the range of songs, and the spectacular staging. I'll take that

(I'm nit-picking - but I'm looking forward to the day when reviewers don't feel impelled to write a Carrie review with a mention of American Idol - something, in my view, she's long outgrown as a present Country Music Queen and future legend)
    Thank you so much.
    If anyone has outgrown that image it's Carrie Underwood for god sake.
    That was 7 years ago and I would guess there are thos that don't even know thats where she came from.
    It's respectable for her to remember her roots. But I don't think it's necessary for reviewers to always point out that she is one of the few sucess stories from an otherwise "suspect franchise".
    Hasn't Carrie Underwood earned the right and deserve to let her name stand for sucess????

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Awesome!! Thanks for the find Ann!!!!!!!!!!!
    rainbow1, Ann055 and Farawayhills like this.

I did post this over on the Fan Club too.
    nccountrygal, Gator and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Ann, can you just post the partial review not the full one. That way people will click on the link and give Nick hits to his review.
    Pi314CA, robinannhunt and Ann055 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yep great review, read it this morning - it's also posted in the concert thread. I really liked how the comparison between her MGM performance and the all out show this is.
    robinannhunt and Mirasa45A like this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I have seen carrie at Ravinia without the truck and props during the PO tour and was impressed. But I thought the PO tour in an arena was amazing. Now I can't wait to see this concert live.
    Cathie Wynkoop and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    am I the only one who just realized that both of her first dresses with the long backs are supposed to be similar to the long sweater she wears in the BA video?
    Becca

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    am I the only one who just realized that both of her first dresses with the long backs are supposed to be similar to the long sweater she wears in the BA video?
    Becca
    Really? I will have to go look. Oh wait I see what you mean. She is wearing it during the beginning video at the concert. So you are probably right.

I wonder how many of these little things we will uncover as we watch the concert footage?

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    Really? I will have to go look. Oh wait I see what you mean. She is wearing it during the beginning video at the concert. So you are probably right.
    they emphasized that outfit a lot in the opening video so I feel like they maybe created her two dresses off of that. I could be wrong though.
    Becca
    Ann055, opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    they emphasized that outfit a lot in the opening video so I feel like they maybe created her two dresses off of that. I could be wrong though.
    Becca
    I think you are right.

Great review! And I'm glad they credit Carrie's longevity to the unmatched quality of her voice. I wish they would have used a few more "out-of-this-world" adjectives to describe just how incredible she is, but this is a wonderful review overall. And just think: This was from the second show. This team is going to keep improving as the tour continues. Amazing!
    pklongbeach and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    All these reviewers sure are not going to work very hard to come up with a headline for their articles. lol

Concert Stars
    Thanks Ann! It's a great review.....and I'm one, who really wishes they would finally drop the AI thing!! She deserves it!!!!!
    Ann055 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Read this earlier this morning and thought it was a great review. I really enjoyed this guy's tweets throughout the concert.....and the carrie fans convincing him to remain until the end when he was fearful of the traffic jams....lol
    Ann055 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast