Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Country star Carrie Underwood hits the road, aims to leave fans ‘Blown Away’ by lates

Country star Carrie Underwood hits the road, aims to leave fans ‘Blown Away’ by lates

Country star Carrie Underwood hits the road, aims to leave fans ‘Blown Away’ by latest tour - The Washington Post

It’s getting harder and harder for Carrie Underwood to leave home.

She’s starting the 50-plus-date U.S. leg of her “Blown Away” tour Friday in Manchester, N.H., and that means months and months away from her husband, Mike Fisher, a star with the NHL’s Nashville Predators.
    The two spent much of their early relationship apart, but now that they’ve been together since Fisher moved from Ottawa, Canada, to Nashville, walking out the door has become somewhat more traumatic — though the couple got more time together because of ongoing NHL labor negotiations.
    “I was like is it wrong to hope for a little bit of a walkout?” Underwood joked. “I’m not sure. I’m feeling kind of happy that they’re still in negotiations. Sorry. We got used to being apart when he lived in Ottawa. Before he moved to Nashville we dated that way and our first half-a-year of marriage at least was spent that way. It’s just been so cool. He’s been here a lot.”
    Now it’s Underwood’s turn to leave. She spoke with The Associated Press about her tour, her growing popularity overseas and her transition into the Twitter world.

AP: You already started the new tour overseas. What was the response like?

Underwood: When we went to London and Australia they knew every single solitary word to every single song. And I was pleased, yeah. Because I wouldn’t have been played on the radio as much as I would be over here. So if they went to that show, they probably went out and bought that album to make sure that they knew everything that there was to know. It’s really cool. It’s something I’ll remember later on. Those are my words and to hear people singing them back to me is really special.

AP: On your last tour you flew over the crowd in a pickup truck. How do you top that?

Underwood: (It will be) definitely spectacular, kind of producing the same results. But I really love to get to the back of arenas. On the stage you can see the first few rows, but then after that it’s just kind of noise. And being able to put faces to an audience has been really cool. So that was important to me to be able to do something like that again.

AP: Were you ever that fan in the back of the arena?

Underwood: Way back when (laughs) when I was going to concerts and spending my allowance money to be able to go. I was in the back and it would have been really cool for someone to pull out a gag like that and just to be a little closer and you’re not just watching them on the screens by the side of the stage. You can make out facial features and stuff like that for yourself in person. It’s important to me to make sure everybody has a great show, whether you’re in the front or whether you’re in the back.

AP: Were you aiming for a certain feel for this concert tour?

Underwood: Everything is very dramatic. I feel like the album, the “Blown Away” album, was really visual, really dramatic and we definitely carry that into the show. We have obviously our slower moments. It can’t be tense and dramatic all the time. It really is a little spectacle. We have a lot of weather-related things going on in the show. We really start off kind of heavy and a bit tumultuous. We have a lot of beautiful screens behind me and a lot of beautiful environments we can make on the stage that tell a story. It’s kind of like watching a movie and you’re at the concert.

AP: You recently joined Twitter after years of resisting. How do you like it?

Underwood: I kind of wish I was a better Twitterer (laughs). I do think it’s such a useful tool and it allows us to just be able to get information straight from the horse’s mouth. It’s really great sometimes. And it’s fun. I feel like some people that I know who are super into it are REALLY into it, and I don’t know if I want to be quite like that. But it’s good, so far.

AP: Have there been any negatives that you were worried about?

Underwood: It’s been really relatively good so far. No complaints or anything like that. There’s always going to be people that don’t like you or whatever. If you’re on Twitter or you’re on Facebook, you’re going to get it no matter what you do. So I feel like I’ve gotten better over the years, definitely better with handling stuff like that. That’s what the block button is for, right?
    Mirasa45A, Smokyiiis, lab and 8 others like this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I see Ty also posted this.

Concert Stars
    I simply cannot wait for this tour -- only 10 more days for me! It's going to be epic. Can't wait to see and hear Carrie!

Also, I'm bringing my friends and my "adopted" 87 yr old mom, all of whom I have introduced to Carrie and her music (which they love!). So I am looking forward to watch as they are mesmerized by Carrie's beauty and vocals, as well as hear their commentary on everything.

Let the tour begin so we can all be Blown Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Daraebe View Post
    Country star Carrie Underwood hits the road, aims to leave fans ‘Blown Away’ by latest tour - The Washington Post

AP: On your last tour you flew over the crowd in a pickup truck. How do you top that?

Underwood: (It will be) definitely spectacular, kind of producing the same results. But I really love to get to the back of arenas. On the stage you can see the first few rows, but then after that it’s just kind of noise. And being able to put faces to an audience has been really cool. So that was important to me to be able to do something like that again.

AP: Were you aiming for a certain feel for this concert tour?

Underwood: Everything is very dramatic. I feel like the album, the “Blown Away” album, was really visual, really dramatic and we definitely carry that into the show. We have obviously our slower moments. It can’t be tense and dramatic all the time. It really is a little spectacle. We have a lot of weather-related things going on in the show. We really start off kind of heavy and a bit tumultuous. We have a lot of beautiful screens behind me and a lot of beautiful environments we can make on the stage that tell a story. It’s kind of like watching a movie and you’re at the concert.
    Ann055, Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I simply cannot wait for this tour -- only 10 more days for me! It's going to be epic. Can't wait to see and hear Carrie!

Also, I'm bringing my friends and my "adopted" 87 yr old mom, all of whom I have introduced to Carrie and her music (which they love!). So I am looking forward to watch as they are mesmerized by Carrie's beauty and vocals, as well as hear their commentary on everything.

Let the tour begin so we can all be Blown Away!
    i will see her on Oct. 4th in vancouver. I am bringing 4 of my friends whom I also introduced to Carrie. I cant wait, too excited.
    Gator likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    i will see her on Oct. 4th in vancouver. I am bringing 4 of my friends whom I also introduced to Carrie. I cant wait, too excited.
    That's exciting!

I don't know about you, but I'm going to 'try' to not watch any tour video until after the show. I want to see everything firsthand for the first time. I don't know if I can (I have zero willpower), but I think it will add to the excitement, along with my friends'. We shall see....

Concert Stars
    I have one more month to go - I am bringing my daughter with me.
    Gator likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    That's exciting!

I don't know about you, but I'm going to 'try' to not watch any tour video until after the show. I want to see everything firsthand for the first time. I don't know if I can (I have zero willpower), but I think it will add to the excitement, along with my friends'. We shall see....
    I am very excited and so are my friends. Time off from work is already granted. But it will be a long drive for us, 6 hours, then 1.5 hours ferry ride to Vancouver but it will be so worth it. I probably won't watch any videos but I will read all the reviews. I want to know how fans or media react to this tour. I don't mind knowing ahead of time.
    Gator and teesharky like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I have one more month to go - I am bringing my daughter with me.
    Good for you. I am buying 2 tickets for my daughter and whoever she wants to bring to a concert in Toronto on Dec. 9th, early Christmas present for her. She is excited. We are all excited.
    Gator and liz278 like this.

Concert Stars
    I am very excited and so are my friends. Time off from work is already granted. But it will be a long drive for us, 6 hours, then 1.5 hours ferry ride to Vancouver but it will be so worth it. I probably won't watch any videos but I will read all the reviews. I want to know how fans or media react to this tour. I don't mind knowing ahead of time.
    Wow - quite an travel adventure to see Carrie for you. Such a dedicated Carrie fan! We're lucky, we only have a 3 hour car trip. You're right, it's all worth seeing Carrie!

Oh, I will definitely being reading reviews, etc. I'm just going to try to avoid videos - that will be hard enough for me. Fortunately, I will have less than a week between the first concert show, and the one I will be attending!

Thanks for posting Daraebe! I am very excited about the tour! I won't get to see Carrie until Nov. 21 but I can hardly wait. I'll be looking for videos myself because I can't wait until November -- no way!!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Underwood said she and her band are trying new things this time around and dealing with a lot of advanced technology.

They have been practicing for nearly two weeks to perfect their performance and Friday's show will be the first for this production in front of a live audience.

One use of the new technology the country queen is excited about comes near the end of the show. She didn't want to give away the surprise, but said it has to do with the album's underlying them of weather and will make THE BIG TIMEJudging from the success of the album in just five months, things went pretty well with the experimental process, one she plans to try again.

“It's something I want to continue,” Underwood said. “It was more fun that way.”

Multi-platinum country music vocalist Carrie Underwood kicks off new tour in Manchester | New Hampshire NEWHAMPSHIRE01

I REALLY hope for good youtube videos!!!!! And looks like she will take her time again for her next album!
    teesharky and Smokyiiis like this.

Concert Stars
    needs to be merged...

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I liked her comment about the lockout, I was wondering if part of her was hoping Mike would be around a bit longer. I just hope hockey fans don't go nuts about it.

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think she should have just shown her support for Mike and the players, etc... saying she kind of hopes for a lockout might not be the best thing at this point with all us hockey fans on edge.
    teesharky and knewman19 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDreams1818 View Post
    I think she should have just shown her support for Mike and the players, etc... saying she kind of hopes for a lockout might not be the best thing at this point with all us hockey fans on edge.
    I don't think she meant she was really hoping for a lockout. I think it was her way of saying she wants to spend more time with Mike, after they had all this time together. Of course other hockey fans might not see it like that. As for the lockout, that's going to happen - but this time the owners have a lot more at stake, so I don't see the loss of a whole season. I guess I'll just watch all the games I missed last year on the NHL Vault.
    Claire2004 and jaylee50 like this.

Concert Stars
    Great interview. Hope the press does not mis quote her on that lock out issue. It could be taken the wrong way if it is spun wrong.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    My favorite part of this aritcle is her using the word Twitterer.
    rainbow1 and Schrodinger like this.

Concert Stars
    omg pleaseeeee no lockout talk im already heading into a deep depression over this what am I gonna do

but cool! tour sounds like it will be fun
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Wow!!! You surely are a dedicated Carrie fan. I'm really lucky because it's a 15 minute drive for us to see Carrie in Providence, RI on the 17th of Sept. After reading the article, I'm even more excited than I was...hard to believe that. The longest I had to travel to a Carrie concert was a little more than an hour...now I feel blessed.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee50 View Post
    Wow!!! You surely are a dedicated Carrie fan. I'm really lucky because it's a 15 minute drive for us to see Carrie in Providence, RI on the 17th of Sept. After reading the article, I'm even more excited than I was...hard to believe that. The longest I had to travel to a Carrie concert was a little more than an hour...now I feel blessed.
    Very dedicated indeed. We could fly to Vancouver from where we live but very expensive, we will share the gas expense if we drive down there. Cant wait for this tour.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast