Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 2012 CMA Award Nominations, Observations, Predictions

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar

2012 CMA Award Nominations, Observations, Predictions

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well that's interesting that they picked Carrie for the win and I hope that they are correct. The only other observation that I noticed when they were talking about Miranda and the FVOTY that they mentioned the Pistol Annies project. The FVOTY is supposed to be only what she has done as a solo artist not what she has done as a group. Anyways, I am positive Miranda will get some votes based on what she has done as the Pistol Annies group but I am still hoping for a Carrie win!
    rainbow1, Hil and DaisyTweets like this.

ohhh let me guess Miranda Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    ohhh let me guess Miranda Lambert
    LOL Did you read it? They said Carrie.
    supercarriefan likes this.

i posted the comment before i read it, i wanted to guess. lol

i posted the comment before i read it, i wanted to guess. lol
    Oh, haha. I was surprised when I saw they said Carrie. Let's hope that what the voters decide on. *fingers crossed*
    rainbow1 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Well we all know who EOTY and Female Vocalist BELONGS to, but my guess is Entertainer will go to Aldean or (I'm hoping) Brad. Female will probably go to Miranda yet again
    GIFSoup
    carrieidol1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan13 View Post
    Well we all know who EOTY and Female Vocalist BELONGS to, but my guess is Entertainer will go to Aldean or (I'm hoping) Brad. Female will probably go to Miranda yet again
    GIFSoup
    I don't think Brad has done nearly enough this year to earn a win for EOTY. He has been relatively quiet.

kenny chesney should win imo

Concert Stars
    kenny chesney should win imo
    I think it should be between Kenny and Jason for EOTY

Concert Stars
    Yeah this was a really quiet year for Brad. He had so many other good songs on his album that he should have released after Camoflauge. It was odd.

I think Kenny or Jason deserve to win EOTY.

New Carrie Fan
    I think Jason deserves EOTY. He has sold out most if not all of his shows, even when he didnt have Luke as an opener. He also has been doing shows all year long. Kenny just started midway through the year, whereas Jason has selling out shows since January. I have been keeping up with his concert stats and I dont remember a show not being a sellout. His numbers have been amazing this year. If he loses that will be one of my biggest disappointment of the night.
    bearball49 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lila_825 View Post
    I think Jason deserves EOTY. He has sold out most if not all of his shows, even when he didnt have Luke as an opener. He also has been doing shows all year long. Kenny just started midway through the year, whereas Jason has selling out shows since January. I have been keeping up with his concert stats and I dont remember a show not being a sellout. His numbers have been amazing this year. If he loses that will be one of my biggest disappointment of the night.
    I believe that most of Kenny's prior ETOTY wins have come from him doing the midway through the year touring. I never understood why he got so much attention and wins for his tour when he always had a bunch of people on the bill so it wasn't just him selling out the big stadiums. And for this year, I wonder why Kenny gets the nod and not Tim?

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    And did it bug anyone else that in the opening of the article he specifically mentions the Carrie fans upset about the KC nomination? Seems to me I've read a broad spectrum of fans and others are scratching their heads about the nomination so it just isn't Carrie fans.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Yeah this was a really quiet year for Brad. He had so many other good songs on his album that he should have released after Camoflauge. It was odd.

I think Kenny or Jason deserve to win EOTY.
    I have no idea how Brad didn't release Working on a Tan. That could have been a pretty big hit for him.

Concert Stars
    ohh I so hope carrie wins!

Concert Stars
    It feels silly to even play the game anymore.
    Knowing the kind of voters that are out there, and knowing how ill informed they are.
    It becomes a complete mess.
    IT's very obvious to me now that even the voters themselves have no idea how these nominees end up on the ballet.
    And there is a grave assumption that these voters know what their doing.
    Point is, it makes it impossible to "guess" the outcome. Way too many variable.
    But as I have read numerous times now, the only thing we know for sure us that Carrie really has no one backing her at the moment. Therefore, she just is not in the game.
    Now that does not mean she "won't" win fvoty. Since she is on the list there is a one in 5 chance. But based on the block voting that has been documented securely for the records. And the seeming commitment by female voters to side with the more "acceptable" Miranda, the only chance Carrie has is to appeal to those who listen to the music. And that appears to be alomst none of the voters.
    All the other awards mean nothing to me. It just doesn't feel real at all and therefore, I can not invest myself in it.
    robinannhunt likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    It feels silly to even play the game anymore.
    Knowing the kind of voters that are out there, and knowing how ill informed they are.
    It becomes a complete mess.
    IT's very obvious to me now that even the voters themselves have no idea how these nominees end up on the ballet.
    And there is a grave assumption that these voters know what their doing.
    Point is, it makes it impossible to "guess" the outcome. Way too many variable.
    But as I have read numerous times now, the only thing we know for sure us that Carrie really has no one backing her at the moment. Therefore, she just is not in the game.
    Now that does not mean she "won't" win fvoty. Since she is on the list there is a one in 5 chance. But based on the block voting that has been documented securely for the records. And the seeming commitment by female voters to side with the more "acceptable" Miranda, the only chance Carrie has is to appeal to those who listen to the music. And that appears to be alomst none of the voters.
    All the other awards mean nothing to me. It just doesn't feel real at all and therefore, I can not invest myself in it.
    I agree I am not going to hope Carrie will win anything this year. (My hopes been dashed too many times) I am only watching to see Brad & Carrie host and see what Carrie wears :-). I also want to see Carrie perform.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I agree I am not going to hope Carrie will win anything this year. (My hopes been dashed too many times) I am only watching to see Brad & Carrie host and see what Carrie wears :-). I also want to see Carrie perform.
    Me too.

Concert Stars
    ha ha, well at least we have our priorities in order!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast