Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Leann Rimes Disappointed By Former Fan's 'Treachery,' Says Attorney

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieguy2 View Post
    No sympathy here for LeAnn Rimes.
    Not since she dissed Carrie when she won her first CMA FVOTY.
    I guess agree to disagree. Of all the things LeAnn did this I thought was minor. Jealousy gets the best of everyone at some point. I do believe she's grown up since then (in some aspects) and grown to respect Carrie. This whole I think had good intention written all over it, even if it wasn't the smartest on Leann's part.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    I guess agree to disagree. Of all the things LeAnn did this I thought was minor. Jealousy gets the best of everyone at some point. I do believe she's grown up since then (in some aspects) and grown to respect Carrie. This whole I think had good intention written all over it, even if it wasn't the smartest on Leann's part.
    Exactly. We all have a jealous streak at some point. It's human nature.

I do think Leann had good intentions with this. Yea, they might not have been smart, but I probably would have done the same thing, tbh

So apparently the Smiley lady is a mom and teacher from North Carolina. Leann's camp will file a lawsuit against Smiley because she illegally recorded the phone conversation.

LeAnn Rimes takes her Twitter fight to her attorney

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Oh something smells so fishy about this whole thing. What does she have to plug??? The woman may have broken the law in CA but if she was in NC did she break the law there in that state? Smells fishy! At the very least its one crazy story!

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Oh something smells so fishy about this whole thing. What does she have to plug??? The woman may have broken the law in CA but if she was in NC did she break the law there in that state? Smells fishy! At the very least its one crazy story!

NC has a one party consent law when it comes to taping a conversation and CA has a two party consent law. So, I guess technically she didn't break the law in NC

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraebe View Post
    NC has a one party consent law when it comes to taping a conversation and CA has a two party consent law. So, I guess technically she didn't break the law in NC
    Well I'm no lawyer but just from what you've stated, I would think that LR might have a difficult time taking this any further than squawking about it!

In other news, Leann Rimes turns 30 today! Man. I feel old...

Concert Stars
    Just bizzare.
    Do I feel bad for her yes. But not because she is a victim here. I feel bad that she is investing herself and her time into these people that have nothing for her but to tear her down.
    She goes to lunch with strangers from twitter?? (bad judgement Leanne). These people happen to have the phone number for Leannes #1 hater?? (Why would she not think that was odd). She actually calls the number??? (what is wrong with you Leanne??) Gets in a useless conversation with someone who obviously has no respect for her?? (now that is just sad).

IF we have learned anything from Carrie Underwood about being a celebrity, I think #1 is "do not give yourself or your energy over to anything or anybody that does not have your interests at heart".

So I do feel bad for her. But I feel bad for the long series of bad jdogement she showed.
    IT seems to be a growing pattern. And where is her husband who should be telling her to stop engaging with strangers on the street?!!
    I don't know why I thought she was a stronger person than this, but clearly I was wrong.
    Hil likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    In other news, Leann Rimes turns 30 today! Man. I feel old...

I read that this morning and didn't know if I should feel old or feel like she should be older than that with as long as she has been around.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow. This is just bizzare. Does she really care that much about what a stranger thinks of her? It was wrong of the girl to tape her, but come on, Leann. Use some common sense. She seems to have really gone off the deep end since the affair, and it's sad and pathetic to witness.

I actually tweeted a response to Leann when she was whining about what a victim she is. She replied, and I found it sad seemed so bent out of shape. She made a choice, and she has to live with that. Instead she seems to spend more time blaming others and playing the victim instead of being happy with her husband.

It's too bad she can't put this behind her, because she needs to move on. If you spend your life trying to make others happy you'll always be searching for something.

I give up with you guys. *throws hands up in the air and waves them like I just don't care* (you get bonus points if you know what that's from)

I think we should be supporting Leann rather than tearing her down, just saying. No wonder I barely post on this board. It's either this or Taylor Swift or Miranda Lambert. Oy vey.
    carebear4eva likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I am not going to hate on LeAnn, but clearly she made some poor choices....not just on Twitter. It does sound more like it someone who cares too much just to be a fan. The divorce was terribly bitter and I do supect it is likely someone that is in support of Eddie's ex. A break up when there is another love interest is so hard on everyone. I think LeAnn is so in love that she may have been thinking more with her heart. It is hard being the other woman and no matter how happy she is now, people will not soon forget it was at the expense of another person. People do not as a rule deliberately hurt someone. When you fall for someone hard, it is real easy to listen to things that may not be true if the new love is trying to justify his actions. I can almost understand why LeAnn is so desperate to show she is not the bad person she is portrayed as. It is hard enough when you are not a public figure (yup, been there), but celebrities are crucified. Look at celebrities over the years, Liz and Richard, Angie and Brad, and even Vince and Amy. You are tarred as a bad guy, no matter the circumstances. LeAnn being so young when she was introduced to celebrity status, she still managed to do it all without a misstep until Eddie. She has been being trashed ever since. Even trying to be nice to the stepchildren is interpreted as trying to steal them from Brandi. It is going to take a very long time until the next scandal comes along and even then....she is never going to be that untarnished young woman again. I hate that technology is so sophisticated that you have to stop and think before you say anything to anyone that they may be recording it. I am glad my life is so boring that no one would care. I am poor as heck but do not think the amount of money at their disposal is worth your total loss of privacy and the fact that each word, each article of clothing and your weight up and down are food for the starving masses. When I see celebrities trashed because they went out for a quick trip to the corner store in an emergency wearing less than perfect attire or hair it makes me sick. There are times on busy days when I will remember that whoops....I ran the grandson to school with my hair uncombed....heck, I can not lie, I have done it in my jammies. It is just too bad that she is insecure enough in her image to let it bother her enough to try to "fix things" with a supposed fan. The fishbowl life is not for everyone....it would not be for me. I am glad that Carrie keeps her life so very private. There are always those willing to twist the most innocent thing and most anything taken out of context can sound bad. LeAnn may learn from this to be a little less forthcomming with initimate details of her life, no matter what she is told.
    Last edited by bearball49; 08-28-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Leann has entered a treatment program
    LeAnn Rimes Goes to Treatment for Emotional Issues : People.com

Guess she and her loved ones thought the phone was a little ott odd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    I give up with you guys. *throws hands up in the air and waves them like I just don't care* (you get bonus points if you know what that's from)

I think we should be supporting Leann rather than tearing her down, just saying. No wonder I barely post on this board. It's either this or Taylor Swift or Miranda Lambert. Oy vey.
    Gee wiz, you shouldn't take it so seriously.
    I guess I am just alittle more "Elphaba than Ga-Linda".

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bearball49 View Post
    I am not going to hate on LeAnn, but clearly she made some poor choices....not just on Twitter. It does sound more like it someone who cares too much just to be a fan. The divorce was terribly bitter and I do supect it is likely someone that is in support of Eddie's ex. A break up when there is another love interest is so hard on everyone. I think LeAnn is so in love that she may have been thinking more with her heart. It is hard being the other woman and no matter how happy she is now, people will not soon forget it was at the expense of another person. People do not as a rule deliberately hurt someone. When you fall for someone hard, it is real easy to listen to things that may not be true if the new love is trying to justify his actions. I can almost understand why LeAnn is so desperate to show she is not the bad person she is portrayed as. It is hard enough when you are not a public figure (yup, been there), but celebrities are crucified. Look at celebrities over the years, Liz and Richard, Angie and Brad, and even Vince and Amy. You are tarred as a bad guy, no matter the circumstances. LeAnn being so young when she was introduced to celebrity status, she still managed to do it all without a misstep until Eddie. She has been being trashed ever since. Even trying to be nice to the stepchildren is interpreted as trying to steal them from Brandi. It is going to take a very long time until the next scandal comes along and even then....she is never going to be that untarnished young woman again. I hate that technology is so sophisticated that you have to stop and think before you say anything to anyone that they may be recording it. I am glad my life is so boring that no one would care. I am poor as heck but do not think the amount of money at their disposal is worth your total loss of privacy and the fact that each word, each article of clothing and your weight up and down are food for the starving masses. When I see celebrities trashed because they went out for a quick trip to the corner store in an emergency wearing less than perfect attire or hair it makes me sick. There are times on busy days when I will remember that whoops....I ran the grandson to school with my hair uncombed....heck, I can not lie, I have done it in my jammies. It is just too bad that she is insecure enough in her image to let it bother her enough to try to "fix things" with a supposed fan. The fishbowl life is not for everyone....it would not be for me. I am glad that Carrie keeps her life so very private. There are always those willing to twist the most innocent thing and most anything taken out of context can sound bad. LeAnn may learn from this to be a little less forthcomming with initimate details of her life, no matter what she is told.
    I gave your quote a like cause I think it speaks honestly from a place of understanding and compassion. But.
    Unless you know how it feels and what it does to a person to have a "seemingly" complete life and have someone take it away from you willfully, it is not fair to suggest letting by gones be by gones.
    I have two sisters. I love them both. One was married, happily (or so she felt). The other sister was invited to move in as she had fallen on hard times and the married sister wanted to help.
    In short order sister #2 started a relationship with her sisters husband. Got caught, refused to end it, and sister #1 (who believed that she was in a relationship brought together by God), was uncerimoniously shown the door. TO HER OWN HOUSE!
    The husband, in his grief over the lose of his wife, stayed with sister #2 and they had a child. Sister #1 ended up in a small one bedroom appartment for a long time. Not able to trust men or reconsile with her sister who remained with the man for 2 years before (you guessed it) he cheated on her to.
    Sister #1 had never fully recovered. You don't recover from that fully.
    Her life was gone. Her husband was gone, her sister was gone.
    She has since passed away and sister #2 is inconsolable.
    Point is: We may think we are making decissions with our hearts, but if we are hurting others, it is not our heart that should matter.
    I agree with you that Leanne will never be that untarnished girl again. But lets try not to make her a victim either.
    She is a grown woman who hurt people very badly. She needs to deal with that.
    Not make friends with strangers on the internet and call people who don't like her in some desperate attempt to make things right.
    Life is hard. We live with our mistakes. But we do make them.
    We shouldn't pretend our decissions don't have consequenses.
    liz278 and Carrieroxmysox2011 like this.

Concert Stars

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    You are absolutely correct. I did not want to get into it too much and goodness knows I did not want to be called out for not supporting LeAnn. I was foolish enough to believe all of the garbage he fed me and his children were grown at the time, he looked almost heroic for staying until his chidren were fully adult in an unhappy marriage. It always bothered me and I always tried to be a good person and to think my happiness was at the result of someine else was painful. His ex moved on and is with a man that is so much better for her......come 20 years later, did he not do the very same thing to me. It made me realize so much...I knew there was no justfying his actions as I had bent over backwards to be a perfect wife. The flaw is in him and always has been. If I had it to do over, I would have left him alone. Grass is rarely greener. Unfortunately when when we outgrew the 50's, marriage became disposble. Thank goodnes I learned from my hard lessons and hopefully she will find out that our decisions always effect everyone we connect with. I always ended up trying extra hard to be nice and helpful as I too did not like the brush I was painted with at the time.Sorry for your loss and for the fact that your sister is going to be living with her guilt forever. Your sister will proably forgive her, now she has to try to forgive herself.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    Thanks so much.
    The trick in that ugly situation was that, of course, I loved both sisters.
    It makes it so painful for everyone. You can imagine what it did to our mother.
    No holiday or gathering has ever been the same.
    Gain, we can not change the past. We can only accept ourselves and moe forward.
    And!! and this is a big and.....
    Make amends wherever possible.
    Life is way too short.
    bearball49 likes this.

^^Patrick, I'm sorry for your loss.

As I was reading your post, what came to my mind is that the situation must have been so difficult for the rest of your family. You were essentially caught in the middle. It's so easy to be angry when the other woman is someone you were not friends or acquaintance with, but when the other woman is the other sister.....I can't imagine the effect of that on the rest of your family.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    ^^Patrick, I'm sorry for your loss.

As I was reading your post, what came to my mind is that the situation must have been so difficult for the rest of your family. You were essentially caught in the middle. It's so easy to be angry when the other woman is someone you were not friends or acquaintance with, but when the other woman is the other sister.....I can't imagine the effect of that on the rest of your family.
    Thanks. And yes, it's so difficult because you do have love for both.
    But also I think, it allows the truth to become that much more clear.
    Sister #2 was wrong. I don't care what her heart told her. I don't care that she thought it was love.
    I don't even care that she brought a beautiful young man into the world by it. She came in and took, and broke, and hurt and left people devastated.
    For christians, God's will is that a marrige is sacred. designed by him to be held together no matter what (except in abuse).
    IF you are not a christian, than you at least understand that there is another person that you are stealing from. It is stealing.
    There is no time to take someone from someone else until the marrige or relationship is completed.
    For your own good.
    Claire2004 likes this.

•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast