Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Leann Rimes Disappointed By Former Fan's 'Treachery,' Says Attorney

Concert Stars
    I didn't hear Leanne Rimes ever say she was obssessed with Carrie though....I listened to the whole interview. lol

wow.

But Leanne did not bash Carrie.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    How very odd...
    The page linked by Jade seems to be a blog devoted to finding various aspects of Lee Ann Rimes' behaviour that are open to criticism. So that seems a bit odd too. I wonder if any of them get round to talking about music?

I've re-read the original post, in the light of the phone tape, and I think what was confusing people was "They also spoke about Rimes' obsession with Twitter and Carrie Underwood". The "and" could be read ambiguously. They did talk about Rimes' obsession with Twitter, and they did talk (briefly) about Carrie Underwood - but the "and" doesn't apply to the obsession. Carrie's name was raised by Mrs.Smiley as an example of different types of behaviour.

By the way, I haven''t really used Twitter very much, but three musicians have tweeted me back - but always nicely, one with a joke, one with a song recommendation, and one with conversations about her work. I think Twitter can be useful - but I miss the old MySpace days

Tee - Brandi Glanville is an actress who was formerly married to Rimes' second husband. There were two divorces over the relationship. Rimes' attorney is apparently suing Mrs. Smiley for taping the conversation (which is illegal, unless consent is given.) That implies that Lee Ann Rimes was actually talking.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Oh wow-- thanx Faraway Hills! You are so right. By suing Smiley for taping the call, they are admitting that it was really Leanne.

I kind of feel bad for her and I am not her biggest fan or anything. But clearly she reached out to this hater to try to clear the air, which was a nice gesture. But instead of helping, she got stabbed in the back.

The Smiley girl was clearly set on hating Leanne no matter what she said. Most of the time, she wouldn't even let Leanne talk. She would talk over her and interrupt her. It was awful.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    How very odd...
    The page linked by Jade seems to be a blog devoted to finding various aspects of Lee Ann Rimes' behaviour that are open to criticism. So that seems a bit odd too. I wonder if any of them get round to talking about music?

I've re-read the original post, in the light of the phone tape, and I think what was confusing people was "They also spoke about Rimes' obsession with Twitter and Carrie Underwood". The "and" could be read ambiguously. They did talk about Rimes' obsession with Twitter, and they did talk (briefly) about Carrie Underwood - but the "and" doesn't apply to the obsession. Carrie's name was raised by Mrs.Smiley as an example of different types of behaviour.

By the way, I haven''t really used Twitter very much, but three musicians have tweeted me back - but always nicely, one with a joke, one with a song recommendation, and one with conversations about her work. I think Twitter can be useful - but I miss the old MySpace days

Tee - Brandi Glanville is an actress who was formerly married to Rimes' second husband. There were two divorces over the relationship. Rimes' attorney is apparently suing Mrs. Smiley for taping the conversation (which is illegal, unless consent is given.) That implies that Lee Ann Rimes was actually talking.
    This is why you can't read too much into comments in articles like this. I don't think the author intended to mislead, but the wording they used was ambiguous and was very easily misinterpreted.
    teesharky, pklongbeach and Ann055 like this.

I just listened to part of the call. You can definitely tell there's been some editing done to it. Whether you like Leann or not, the phone call should not have been recorded.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Who is Brandi? This is soooooo confusing. Leanne Rimes swore a few times and used the F-word too. Wow.

Is that really Leanne??
    Like Farawayhills stated Brandi was Leanne's current husband's (Eddie Cibrian) ex wife.
    teesharky likes this.

I don't understand, is the lady talking to Leann a friend of Brandi's? Because she sounded sooooo invested in their lives lol. So creepy and obsessed.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    I don't understand, is the lady talking to Leann a friend of Brandi's? Because she sounded sooooo invested in their lives lol. So creepy and obsessed.
    Both are creepy or odd imo. It's odd that Leanne is calling a hater from her twitter and hanging out w/ fans she meets from twitter, which is how she got the lady's phone # supposedly. The lady on the other hand sounds like she is trying to trap Leanne into reacting to her comments. Very strange.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 08-26-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Concert Stars
    Well at least she didn't bash Carrie Funny how Carrie and TS just randomly come up in the conversation though....lol.....They must be big stars
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 08-26-2012 at 05:04 AM.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    If you type in "Leann Rimes's phone call illegally recorded" on yahoo, there is a blog site that comes up and if you read the comment section it seems there was drama before this even came about that alleges Leanne would use twitter or encourage her twitter friends/fans to talk bad or send negative tweets to Brandi or about Brandi. This of course is just hearsay. I think the lady on the phone call was a supporter/fan of Brandi. In the comment section I just mentioned the lady on the phone call posts some comments on that blog site too. Seemed like too much drama to me to read the whole thing.....lol.

Guess the moral of the story for celebrities is to keep your personal life private if you can, be careful what you post on twitter, and don't hang out w/ or call strangers from twitter
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 08-26-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    teesharky, rainbow1 and Ann055 like this.

Have you seen the lady's blog yet?

It's called "The Curious Case of Leann Rimes." Very creepy. It's like the lady has been following Leann for a while trying to "expose" her. There are photos from what looks like a private event, etc. If anyone has a few screws loose, it's the lady not Leann. Leann is just trying to defend herself against cray cray.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    The whole thing is odd. I never ever ever ever thought I'd feel bad for Leann but this is on a crazy stalker level almost.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    The whole thing is odd. I never ever ever ever thought I'd feel bad for Leann but this is on a crazy stalker level almost.
    This woman is clearly a crazy stalker. I understand what Leann was trying to do but she probably would have been better off ignoring it. The only reason Carrie and Taylor's name came up at all is she was trying to make the point that celebrities are people with good traits and faults who are no more perfect than anybody else in the world.
    teesharky and pklongbeach like this.

New Carrie Fan

Celeb!tchy writes another full story on the weird Leann drama

Ummm YIKES! Read the post Cele*****y did on the Leann Rimes recording! Her lawyer validates its her. Sorry but 1. she was out with people she met on Twitter at lunch. 2. CALLING someone who doesn't like her off twitter. 3. Surprise! It backfires on her and she gets an attorney involved?
    I think she might have some mental issues!

Concert Stars
    I feel bad for LeAnn. She has made mistakes, but I truly feels she's a genuinely good person. She shouldn't have to deal with people like this...

That is crazy for LeAnn. That is problem when some celeb's blur the line between fans and friends on twitter. LeAnn has had problems with this certain fan since the affair she had, it is almost like she has a stalker. This fan was only after one thing and that is to cause more trouble for LeAnn. It almost seemed like a set up. I don't particularly care for LeAnn and the way she puts her whole life out there for everyone to see but this fan crossed the line.

Concert Stars
    Agree. I admit I had lost respect for Leanne after the whole affair and divorce thing, but she has kind of paid her penance by now in the eyes of public opinion....so I feel bad for her at this point. She clearly had good intentions in calling this Smiley chic, and the girl was just awful to her. She wouldn't even let Leanne speak most of the time. Then to tape the call....wow. Some people are just horrible.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    No sympathy here for LeAnn Rimes.
    Not since she dissed Carrie when she won her first CMA FVOTY.

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Leann should have had the sense not to call this woman in the first place. What was she doing having lunch with fans from twitter? You have no idea who these people are. They could be crazy stalkers. The fact that these people she was having lunch with actually had this Smiley woman's phone number should have raised a red flag right there.
    Why would someone have a recording device ready if it was a total surprise phone call? This was just totally bad judgement on Leann's part.
    pklongbeach and Ann055 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carrieguy2 View Post
    No sympathy here for LeAnn Rimes.
    Not since she dissed Carrie when she won her first CMA FVOTY.
    lmfao are you kidding me?

I was mad about that...years ago...time to get over it. No one deserves this kind of treatment from anyone...oy vey.

•  
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast