Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: CMA Nominations Sept 5th

CMA Nominations Sept 5th

Date Set For Final CMA Nominations : MusicRow – Nashville's Music Industry Publication – News, Songs From Music City

Final nominees for the CMA Awards will be revealed Wed., Sept. 5 live on ABC’s Good Morning America. Jason Aldean and Lady Antebellum will announce the final nominees in five categories live from the GMA studios in Times Square during the 8:30 AM/ET half hour, then head over to the Hard Rock Cafe to reveal the finalists in the remaining seven categories at 9:15 AM/ET. The last time all of the CMA Awards nominees were announced in New York City was 2005.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    That's awesome, i do hope Carrie will get some nominations..

Concert Stars
    Yay finally!! l am already nervous!
    Hil, nccountrygal, liz278 and 1 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Awesome. I like that they are just announcing everything from New York as well. I never did see a need to split it up.
    Jason and Lady A are good choices. I can only assume that means both got their fair share of nominations. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they both are nominated for EOTY.
    In two weeks time we will know how the industry voted. I'm excited and nervous lol. I hope my favorites get some love and I hope there aren't any huge surprises.
    teesharky likes this.

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

Concert Stars
    I'm afraid to hear it!! FV! It's gotta be!!

Concert Stars
    oh wow so nervous!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Oh boy... Here we go!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Awesome. I like that they are just announcing everything from New York as well. I never did see a need to split it up.
    Jason and Lady A are good choices. I can only assume that means both got their fair share of nominations. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they both are nominated for EOTY.
    In two weeks time we will know how the industry voted. I'm excited and nervous lol. I hope my favorites get some love and I hope there aren't any huge surprises.

agree. I think Jason and Lady A will both get EOTY-- so I wonder who will announce that category? ha ha

Jason is not eligible for album since he won last year, but Lady A is.,,,etc.

I really hope BA gets a nomination for Album. IT is the best album of her career and this will be a real test to see who the label supports this time-- Miranda or Carrie? Perhaps they will both be nominated.

ugh....I just hope she is not snubbed again. But I don't see Good Girl getting any love for Single Song or Video as they voters will find it too pop, just like they did for Cowboy Casanova, Undo It, and Before He Cheats, LAst Name, etc. They have never awarded any of her rocket type songs. BHC got single, but not song.

So Carrie's biggest hope is that Remind Me gets nominated for Country Collab. Honestly, if nominated, that is the only category I sort of feel somewhat confident in, as they voters might want to reward the hosts with something. Brad is not going to win Male Vocalist this year as Blake Jason and Luke have all the momentum. I don't think Brad will win much this year as it was a quiet year for him, so Remind Me could be his only hope too.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Whatever CMA noms Carrie gets I'll be happy about, i won't complain at all because i am a huge fan of country music..

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    agree. I think Jason and Lady A will both get EOTY-- so I wonder who will announce that category? ha ha

Jason is not eligible for album since he won last year, but Lady A is.,,,etc.

I really hope BA gets a nomination for Album. IT is the best album of her career and this will be a real test to see who the label supports this time-- Miranda or Carrie? Perhaps they will both be nominated.

ugh....I just hope she is not snubbed again. But I don't see Good Girl getting any love for Single Song or Video as they voters will find it too pop, just like they did for Cowboy Casanova, Undo It, and Before He Cheats, LAst Name, etc. They have never awarded any of her rocket type songs. BHC got single, but not song.

So Carrie's biggest hope is that Remind Me gets nominated for Country Collab. Honestly, if nominated, that is the only category I sort of feel somewhat confident in, as they voters might want to reward the hosts with something. Brad is not going to win Male Vocalist this year as Blake Jason and Luke have all the momentum. I don't think Brad will win much this year as it was a quiet year for him, so Remind Me could be his only hope too.
    will she get a nomination for BA for Album since it was released in May and wasn't the cut off in June?

Concert Stars
    Yes. Carrie's album is eiigible since it was released May 1, and the cut off date was June 30. That means it was eligible this year.

Concert Stars
    Yes. Carrie's album is eiigible since it was released May 1, and the cut off date was June 30. That means it was eligible this year.
    oh okay...I didn't know since it was released such near the cut off date if that affects one's chance for a nomination

Concert Stars
    no- it could be released the day before the cut off and it is still eligible.

That doesn't mean it will be nominated though. lol But I hope so!

Concert Stars
    no- it could be released the day before the cut off and it is still eligible.

That doesn't mean it will be nominated though. lol But I hope so!
    lol I sure hope so too!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    What has swsrn done to be in the eoty category?

I like this part:

"This category hasn’t seen much change in recent years and this year will be no different. All five ladies – Sara Evans, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Taylor Swift, and Carrie Underwood – from last year will all be back again this year. The only thing that won’t be the same? Miranda Lambert will be faced with a challenge from Underwood for the title."

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    They need to change Best New Artist back to the Horizon Award, you can't be new if you were already nominated for the award and lost.

I don't see Swift getting a EOTY nomination, I think that the fifth spot going to Lady A with the winner being either Brad or Jason.

SWSRN has toured from July 1st 2011- Nov 22 2011 and if you count the international tour dates then March 2 2012- March 18; starred in the loraz, co-wrote two songs for the hunger games, donated over 1 million dollars to cma hall of fame or was it the museum
    robinannhunt likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast