Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Meet Carrie Underwood Aug. 16 After an Intimate Performance in New York

Meet Carrie Underwood Aug. 16 After an Intimate Performance in New York

charitybuzz | Meet Carrie Underwood Aug. 16 After an Intimate Performance in New York

You and a guest will be just 2 of no more than 200 people in attendance at the taping of a 5-song performance by songstress Carrie Underwood in New York City on Aug. 16, 2012. You'll meet Carrie briefly after the taping that will include 4 original songs and 1 cover song.

Carrie Underwood's career is the stuff of dreams. Possessed of that rarest of combination--undeniable talent, an extraordinary work ethic, and girl-next-door likeability--she blossomed as a national phenomenon before tens of millions of viewers by winning American Idol, captivated by both her vocal talent and personality. The artistic growth that has accompanied her subsequent rise into the upper reaches of the entertainment world has placed her among the foremost artists of her generation.

Terms: All participants must be over the age of 13. Valid for 2 people. Travel and accommodations are not included. Winning bidder and guest(s) subject to security screening. We expect all winning bidders and their guests to conduct themselves appropriately when attending an experience won at Charitybuzz. Polite manners and respect for the generous donor and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must.

Shipping and Handling The minimum shipping, handling and applicable insurance for this item is $9.95. Additional shipping charges may apply based upon the location of the winner. Hard copies of tickets, travel certificates and merchandise are shipped via FedEx or professional shipping service. Detailed redemption information for non-tangible items will be emailed to the winning bidder.

Donated by: Carrie Underwood

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Tee are you going to try to win this? It's in your area!

ETA: Stupid me I see now it's an auction not a drawing... will be interesting to see how much the winning bid goes for.

Concert Stars
    What is this taping for I wonder??

Ty
    Another Invitation Only? VH1 Unplugged?
    jaylee50 and Ann055 like this.

who cares what it is for i just hope it gets showed on television. i mean i would mind seeing carrie on the today show, cbs teacher rock thing, and what ever this thing is that is like seeing Carrie on tv singing like 3 times in one week, the only thing better than that is actually being there, and not at home sitting on the couch in the living room watching it via internet, or on the tv. and i see in the first post in this thread has charitybuzz so i am wondering what charity the money is going towards. i am assuming that some of the money is being donated to charity or something why else would there be an auction?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Another Invitation Only? VH1 Unplugged?
    it's only 5 songs.4 new ,one cover
    Can't imagine what this is for but sure would like to

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Hmm I wonder what she will cover...

Concert Stars
    INFORMATION FOR LOT # 3080100The proceeds for this item benefit Center For Hearing and Communication

So this benefits the Hearing imparied--- meaning it is different from Teacher's Rock. So that seems like a different charity altogether.

Carrie did say she has some minor hearing issues in one recent interview.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    It says 4 original songs right? That doesn't mean its 4 of her new songs just 4 of her songs. I also wonder if the cover will be I Told You So, or something totally different all together.

Concert Stars
    I would hope the "cover" is not one she already recorded and used as a single. lol

It could be an inspirational song.....since this is a charity event. I love that she is helping the Hearing Impaired. Very nice.

Concert Stars
    hmm wonder what the cover will be?

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    It says 4 original songs right? That doesn't mean its 4 of her new songs just 4 of her songs. I also wonder if the cover will be I Told You So, or something totally different all together.
    i think it's 4 of her songs... but hopefully she will sing it differently than what she usually does in her concerts/performances...
    and hoping for a new cover that she hasn't done yet
    jaylee50 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    My guess is that the four original songs will be ones from the current album. (Singer-songwriters often prep completely different songs at events like this, but headline artists seldom seem to, and the major labels may discourage it, to avoid clashing with current and planned promotion of album songs). For example, the songs written and listed on the copyright sites, but not recorded, rarely seem to surface at performances. The cover, though, is more likely to be a new one for her (as indeed the Royal Albert Hall one was)

Concert Stars
    I wonder how much someone will bid to see Carrie. Right now it is at $815.00.
    liveasong likes this.

Concert Stars
    Wow, the estimated bid amount is 2500.00! I would never be able to bid anywhere close to that. It'll probably a company executive or something.

Concert Stars
    sounds very very cool!

Concert Stars
    They need to bid higher...it's Carrie!!

Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood, Garth Brooks, fun. for CBS concert 'Teachers Rock' (Digital Spy)

Sounds like the Teachers Rock concert is the connection:

Carrie Underwood
    , Garth Brooks and fun. have been announced as headliners for CBS'sTeachers Rock concert.

The Tiffany Network will broadcast the show from Nokia Theatre at LA Live later this month to benefit a variety of non-profit organisations.

Dierks Bentley and Josh Groban have also signed on to perform on Teachers Rock, which honour educators from across the US who have contributed to their communities.

Teachers Rock will feature taped vignettes where stars including Usher, Meryl Streep, Dave Grohl, Adam Levine and Jennifer Garner sharing memories of their favourite teachers.

Maggie Gyllenhaal and Viola Davis - who appear in the new education-themed movie Won't Back Down - will take part in the telecast as well.

Teachers Rock, co-sponsored by Walmart, airs Friday, August 17 at 8/7c on CBS.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a397286/carrie-underwood-garth-brooks-fun-for-cbs-concert-teachers-rock.html

Concert Stars
    Very cool that Garth Brooks will be there too!
    rainbow1 and Gator like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The way it's worded makes it sound like it will be a new cover altogether
    Gator likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast