Like Tree34Likes
  • 20 Post By Ann055
  • 1 Post By rainbow1
  • 8 Post By bearball49
  • 1 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 3 Post By Gator
  • 1 Post By carriefan13

Thread: Looking Wizard! Sultry Carrie Underwood Follows the Yellow Brick Road in Oz-Themed

Looking Wizard! Sultry Carrie Underwood Follows the Yellow Brick Road in Oz-Themed

Carrie Underwood follows the yellow brick road in Oz-themed music video for new song Blown Away | Mail Online

She may not have filmed it in Kansas, but Carrie Underwood is very much channelling the Wizard of Oz in a sneak peek of her new music video.

But the 29-year-old star made for a slightly less wholesome Dorothy-style heroine than Judy Garland with her sultry eye make-up and flowing blonde hair.

The video for Carrie's new single Blown Away follows the star at an Oz style farmhouse in Oz-style sepia toned as she deals with her alcoholic father.

Windswept: Carrie Underwood looks stunning in the sepia section of the new music video for Blown Away

At the same time, a Tornado is spotted in the distance, with lightning and a storm in the sky.

At one point, she sings the dramatic number with her smoky black eye make-up looking smudged and running as the storm blows through the country farmhouse windows.

However, much like the 1939 classic film, the singer ends up emerging through a dark tunnel and a colourful new dawn, with a rainbow in the distance.

Twister: The video showed a tornado blowing above a farmhouse and a country road, much like the 1939 classic

Paying homage: Carrie channels the Wizard of Oz in a plaid shirt and yellow brick landscape

Over the rainbow: There is light at the end of the tunnel in the film which ends with Carrie looking at a beautiful rainbow

'We wanted to create this modern-day, tragic Wizard of Oz mini-movie,' the singer told E! online.

And the video pays homage to the film through the singer wearing a plaid shirt, like Garland's blue and white checked dress.

'When you hear about tornados in the movies, you think about something very visual - you think about the Wizard of Oz so you think of subtle references,' she says. 'I've got the plaid shirt on, I've got red shoes. They're not sparkly red heels but it's, but it's all about bringing it into this year, this album, into Blown Away.'

Check mate: The star revealed the choice of a plaid shirt was a deliberate homage to Garland's outfit

Bad relationship: The video shows the singer dealing with an alcoholic father

Wind blown: The video shows the living room of the house being blown by the storm outside

And the singer admits she had a very clear idea of the finished music video when she first heard the song.

'The first time I heard 'Blown Away, I had pictures in my mind of what it should look like,' the star told E! from the set of the video, which was shot just outside Nashville.

'I wanted it to be fierce, I wanted it to be strong. I wanted it to be beautiful and sexy.'

Emotional: The singer can be seen looking teary-eyed and with smudged make-up

Passionate: The star said she knew Blown Away was the song for her, the first time she heard it

Concert Stars
    love it!

Junior Carrie Follower
    It is everything we thought it would be...everything we wanted. LOVE it!!!!!!!

Concert Stars
    Thank you, love the shots of her!!!
    Ann055 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I loved it and thought it was perfect. Read a couple of comments that wanted it to show the abuse and questioned Carrie pulling away from her father when he was only trying to help. From someone who lived with both the abuse and alcoholism, the character did the right thing by leaving. It clearly showed he had been and was drinking. There are no right answers in conversations with drunks, especially violent ones. Leaving is always best and quickly. The other thing is that we knew from the song that he was mean....I don't think it was necessary to show her getting beaten or raped. It is a song with a message. We should not have to be slapped in the face with it to understand. If more violence was shown, it would have been too difficult for those that have been through this to even watch. I also liked that she did in fact really try to get him to shelter. I think the tears in the shelter may be guilt that she was unable to get him up. In the end, he clearly had a hand in his own demise by being so intoxicated that she was unable to help him. There were a couple of comments that did not like the sunny end. I think that was so important to the video. The whole video being so dark and showing her as a victim, I think it is equally important to show that there can be light after the darkness and that life can go on and be beautiful. It was a very emotional video for me, and from my own personal standpoint, it could not have been done better. It is not meant to be a crusade with all the graphics.....like the ASPCA ads that make me want to cry and change the channel at the same time. That is exactly what would have happened had the video have been more explicit. We don't want people to turn their backs on the issue. It needs to be faced as a real part of our society, more so in an economic downturn. It makes you open your eyes to the issue and enjoy the drama and beauty of the song. I have NEVER enjoyed a video more.
    Gator, DaisyTweets, Ann055 and 5 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    i just dont care about the haters. i absolutely love it. cant get enough of it.

cant wait for the CMA, ACm, CMT and Grammy awards this video will get

Carrie Guru
    Carrie is a good actress !

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Carrie Underwood follows the yellow brick road in Oz-themed music video for new song Blown Away | Mail Online

She may not have filmed it in Kansas, but Carrie Underwood is very much channelling the Wizard of Oz in a sneak peek of her new music video.

But the 29-year-old star made for a slightly less wholesome Dorothy-style heroine than Judy Garland with her sultry eye make-up and flowing blonde hair.

The video for Carrie's new single Blown Away follows the star at an Oz style farmhouse in Oz-style sepia toned as she deals with her alcoholic father.

Windswept: Carrie Underwood looks stunning in the sepia section of the new music video for Blown Away

At the same time, a Tornado is spotted in the distance, with lightning and a storm in the sky.

At one point, she sings the dramatic number with her smoky black eye make-up looking smudged and running as the storm blows through the country farmhouse windows.

However, much like the 1939 classic film, the singer ends up emerging through a dark tunnel and a colourful new dawn, with a rainbow in the distance.

Twister: The video showed a tornado blowing above a farmhouse and a country road, much like the 1939 classic

Paying homage: Carrie channels the Wizard of Oz in a plaid shirt and yellow brick landscape

Over the rainbow: There is light at the end of the tunnel in the film which ends with Carrie looking at a beautiful rainbow

'We wanted to create this modern-day, tragic Wizard of Oz mini-movie,' the singer told E! online.

And the video pays homage to the film through the singer wearing a plaid shirt, like Garland's blue and white checked dress.

'When you hear about tornados in the movies, you think about something very visual - you think about the Wizard of Oz so you think of subtle references,' she says. 'I've got the plaid shirt on, I've got red shoes. They're not sparkly red heels but it's, but it's all about bringing it into this year, this album, into Blown Away.'

Check mate: The star revealed the choice of a plaid shirt was a deliberate homage to Garland's outfit

Bad relationship: The video shows the singer dealing with an alcoholic father

Wind blown: The video shows the living room of the house being blown by the storm outside

And the singer admits she had a very clear idea of the finished music video when she first heard the song.

'The first time I heard 'Blown Away, I had pictures in my mind of what it should look like,' the star told E! from the set of the video, which was shot just outside Nashville.

'I wanted it to be fierce, I wanted it to be strong. I wanted it to be beautiful and sexy.'

Emotional: The singer can be seen looking teary-eyed and with smudged make-up

Passionate: The star said she knew Blown Away was the song for her, the first time she heard it
    lab likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bearball49 View Post
    I loved it and thought it was perfect. Read a couple of comments that wanted it to show the abuse and questioned Carrie pulling away from her father when he was only trying to help. From someone who lived with both the abuse and alcoholism, the character did the right thing by leaving. It clearly showed he had been and was drinking. There are no right answers in conversations with drunks, especially violent ones. Leaving is always best and quickly. The other thing is that we knew from the song that he was mean....I don't think it was necessary to show her getting beaten or raped. It is a song with a message. We should not have to be slapped in the face with it to understand. If more violence was shown, it would have been too difficult for those that have been through this to even watch. I also liked that she did in fact really try to get him to shelter. I think the tears in the shelter may be guilt that she was unable to get him up. In the end, he clearly had a hand in his own demise by being so intoxicated that she was unable to help him. There were a couple of comments that did not like the sunny end. I think that was so important to the video. The whole video being so dark and showing her as a victim, I think it is equally important to show that there can be light after the darkness and that life can go on and be beautiful. It was a very emotional video for me, and from my own personal standpoint, it could not have been done better. It is not meant to be a crusade with all the graphics.....like the ASPCA ads that make me want to cry and change the channel at the same time. That is exactly what would have happened had the video have been more explicit. We don't want people to turn their backs on the issue. It needs to be faced as a real part of our society, more so in an economic downturn. It makes you open your eyes to the issue and enjoy the drama and beauty of the song. I have NEVER enjoyed a video more.
    Bearball~ Well stated. I agree; we do not need to see all the graphic details when it comes to abuse. I commend how Carrie and the director, handled such a delicate topic. It gives you a 'glimpse' into what the daughter's life was like, without all of the gory details. Everyone can relate to it through their own experiences and imaginations. I must say that the ending was a pleasant surprise for me. I love how, now matter the topic, Carrie portrays the character from the standpoint of strength and hope. Carrie's acting was superb, as was the 'father's'. BA captivated the audience from the very beginning, as we all hung on every note of every scene. Bravo to Carrie and her team for this EPIC masterpiece!
    Pi314CA, carriefan0825 and Ann055 like this.

Concert Stars
    This video was well done. I loved it.

Concert Stars
    the very was amazing and love all those shots of her!

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    she's right--I can't imagine anyone but Carrie singing this. it suits her perfectly and the video is a masterpiece!!
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

•