Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Carrie underwood, dierks bentley, fun. And josh groban to perform on “teachers rock

  1. #1
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,953
    Concert Stars

    Carrie underwood, dierks bentley, fun. And josh groban to perform on “teachers rock

    CBS Press Express | CARRIE UNDERWOOD, DIERKS BENTLEY, FUN. AND JOSH GROBAN TO PERFORM ON

    One-Hour Entertainment Special Will Feature Musical Performances And Testimonials Celebrating Teachers And Education
    CHEAT TWEET: .@carrieunderwood @DierksBently @OurNameIsFun + @joshgroban 2perform on #TeachersRock -a benefit concert 8/18 8 pm ET/PT CBS Press Express | CARRIE UNDERWOOD, DIERKS BENTLEY, FUN. AND JOSH GROBAN TO PERFORM ON
    Five-time GRAMMY® Award winner Carrie Underwood, country artist Dierks Bentley, pop group Fun. and two-time GRAMMY Award nominee Josh Groban will perform on TEACHERS ROCK presented by Walmart and Walden Media’s upcoming feature film “Won’t Back Down” – a special tribute concert celebrating teachers and education. The special will broadcast from Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on Saturday, August 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
    TEACHERS ROCK honors America’s educators with personal recollections from pop, rock and urban musical stars Dave Grohl (of the Foo Fighters), six-time GRAMMY Award winner Usher, Adam Levine and James Valentine (of Maroon 5) and by actors including three-time Academy Award winner Meryl Streep, two-time GRAMMY Award winner LL COOL J (NCIS: LOS ANGELES), Academy Award nominee Viola Davis, Academy Award nominee Maggie Gyllenhaal, Pauley Perrette (NCIS), Jennifer Garner, Jack Black, Academy Award winner Morgan Freeman, Matthew Morrison and Miranda Cosgrove, among others.
    The TEACHERS ROCK benefit concert will feature scenes from Walden Media’s upcoming motion picture “Won’t Back Down,” starring Academy Award nominees Viola Davis and Maggie Gyllenhaal as two determined mothers, one a teacher, who will stop at nothing to transform their children's failing inner-city school. Facing a powerful and entrenched bureaucracy, they risk everything to make a difference in the education and future of their children.
    Live performances featuring Dierks Bentley, Fun. and Josh Groban for TEACHERS ROCK presented by Walmart and Walden Media’s upcoming feature film “Won’t Back Down,” will be taped August 14 at a special benefit concert at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE. Tickets for the charity event including stars from the film, starting at just $40, will go on-sale this Friday, July 27 at 10:00 AM at all Ticketmaster outlets.
    Proceeds from TEACHERS ROCK will benefit three nonprofit organizations: DonorsChoose.org, Feeding America and Teach for America.
    TEACHERS ROCK is being produced by KEN EHRLICH PRODUCTIONS, Anschutz Film Group/Walden Media and AEG.

    so if Carrie does this in LA on Aug 14 will she also do the Today show concert from LA on Aug 15?

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #2
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,484
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    CBS Press Express | CARRIE UNDERWOOD, DIERKS BENTLEY, FUN. AND JOSH GROBAN TO PERFORM ON




    so if Carrie does this in LA on Aug 14 will she also do the Today show concert from LA on Aug 15?
    Donna from what it says in the press release, it seems only some of the performances will be taped on the 14th. Live performances featuring Dierks Bentley, Fun. and Josh Groban for TEACHERS ROCK presented by Walmart and Walden Media’s upcoming feature film “Won’t Back Down,” will be taped August 14 at a special benefit concert at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE.
    maddkat likes this.

  • #3
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,796
    Concert Stars
    This is excellent news and a great cause!

    But when is carrie taping her part? The pressrelease was confusing.
    maddkat likes this.

  • #4
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,380
    Concert Stars
    Her mother and sisters will be so proud of this!!!
    lab and Ann055 like this.

  • #5
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,953
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Her mother and sisters will be so proud of this!!!
    I hope they all get to attend.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #6
    Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,030
    Concert Stars
    This seems like such a great event! I am glad Carrie will perform in honor of teachers like her sisters and mom.
    lab likes this.

  • #7
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,796
    Concert Stars
    Ok I re-read the press release and it is clear that it is being pre-taped at the Nokia Center on August 14th...as they are selling tickets to the event.

    I think they just forgot to include Carrie's name on that part when they mentioned the other singers. Carrie could of course pre-tape her performance separately due to her Today Show gig the next morning in NYC, but that seems unlikely since there is a live, paid audience there, and they will expect to see Carrie since her name is on the press release.

    I suppose with the 3 hour time difference, Carrie could hop on a red eye after her performance as it will be fairly early in the evening when she is done. It is only an hour long show.

  • #8
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Raleigh , North Carolina
    Posts
    3,692
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Ok I re-read the press release and it is clear that it is being pre-taped at the Nokia Center on August 14th...as they are selling tickets to the event.

    I think they just forgot to include Carrie's name on that part when they mentioned the other singers. Carrie could of course pre-tape her performance separately due to her Today Show gig the next morning in NYC, but that seems unlikely since there is a live, paid audience there, and they will expect to see Carrie since her name is on the press release.

    I suppose with the 3 hour time difference, Carrie could hop on a red eye after her performance as it will be fairly early in the evening when she is done. It is only an hour long show.
    The press release does seem a bit confusing. It saids the actual special is supposed to broadcast live on August 18, 2012. Wonder if Carrie is doing a performance on this date? The performances on August 14th seem to be different than what's on the 18th. If Carrie does tape a performance on August 14th then she will definitely have to hop on a red eye flight unless the Today Show does something from LA.

  • #9
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,484
    I wonder if Carrie is actually going to be at this event as she isn't listed as a performer on the Nokia ticket site? I mean it wouldn't be the first time Carrie has been listed for an event and she not actually doing it. Would be pretty hard for her to get from LA to NYC and doing soundcheck and stuff for her performance on the Today show.

    ETA: According to the Nokia theater site, the event begins at 7:30 pm and lasts for 90 minutes. Given those timelines, I think it would be very difficult for Carrie to make her way across country.

  • #10
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,796
    Concert Stars
    Not really, as that is 4:30 PST, so with the time difference, Carrie would be out of there by 5:30 pm PST and she could catch a red eye to be in NY at a reasonable time.

    But it is odd she is not on the Nokia site. CBS would not put her on the press release if it was not true, so I am thinking perhaps she is pretaping her performance in advance, but maybe she won't be there live?

  • #11
    Insane Carrie Fan liz278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,397
    Concert Stars
    If I was going there expecting to see Carrie for at least one song and she wasn't there, I would be so disappointed. So I hope they clear up this press release so that people like me won't be going expecting to see Carrie and she's not there.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #12
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,484
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Not really, as that is 4:30 PST, so with the time difference, Carrie would be out of there by 5:30 pm PST and she could catch a red eye to be in NY at a reasonable time.

    But it is odd she is not on the Nokia site. CBS would not put her on the press release if it was not true, so I am thinking perhaps she is pretaping her performance in advance, but maybe she won't be there live?
    According to the Nokia site the show that is being taped starts at 7:30 PST so that doesn't fit the times you've got listed. It's being taped and packaged to cut the time from 90 mins. to the 60 min slot it will air in on Saturday night Aug. 18th. Check the Nokia theater site out for yourself and you'll see the time that is listed is 7:30.

  • #13
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,484
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    If I was going there expecting to see Carrie for at least one song and she wasn't there, I would be so disappointed. So I hope they clear up this press release so that people like me won't be going expecting to see Carrie and she's not there.
    Well this wouldn't be the first time that Carrie has been listed in a press release as performing at something and it ended up not being true. I just think that something isn't right from the standpoint that she isn't listed on the Nokia theater site. Plus, I believe that Mike's sister is getting married the weekend before this event so that's an awful lot of flying around going from the east to the west and back east again.


  • #14
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,484
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Not really, as that is 4:30 PST, so with the time difference, Carrie would be out of there by 5:30 pm PST and she could catch a red eye to be in NY at a reasonable time.

    But it is odd she is not on the Nokia site. CBS would not put her on the press release if it was not true, so I am thinking perhaps she is pretaping her performance in advance, but maybe she won't be there live?

    Teachers Rock Presented by Walmart and Won't Back Down | Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE Here's the direct link so you can see for yourself that the event does indeed start at 7:30 PST. So YES really my statement was correct and your timeline is incorrect. It clearly states the start for the event and when the doors open.

  • #15
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,105
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Teachers Rock Presented by Walmart and Won't Back Down | Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE Here's the direct link so you can see for yourself that the event does indeed start at 7:30 PST. So YES really my statement was correct and your timeline is incorrect. It clearly states the start for the event and when the doors open.
    That site doesn't say anything about Carrie, nor is she pictured with the rest. Confused...

  • #16
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Raleigh , North Carolina
    Posts
    3,692
    Concert Stars
    Maybe Carrie is doing some kind of pretaped message or something because it does not look like she will be there on the 14th. Not sure why they would have her listed in the press release if she is not going to be a part of this somehow.

  • #17
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,105
    Concert Stars
    Yeah, it sure is a confusing press release. Since the headline is that Carrie is scheduled to perform, you would think that would be accurate. Hopefully, they send another press release that is more clear -- and that Carrie IS performing!

  • #18
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,796
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    Maybe Carrie is doing some kind of pretaped message or something because it does not look like she will be there on the 14th. Not sure why they would have her listed in the press release if she is not going to be a part of this somehow.
    The headline says she is perfotming and CBS is usually very careful about these things so I think she is performing-- but maybe pretaping? Confusing

  • #19
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    That site doesn't say anything about Carrie, nor is she pictured with the rest. Confused...
    That's my point and why I said that this wouldn't be the first time that a press release has said she would be at an event when she wasn't going to be. And as I also pointed out, given the time of the event, I would think it impossible for Carrie to make it back out east for the the Today show appearance.

  • #20
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,796
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Teachers Rock Presented by Walmart and Won't Back Down | Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE Here's the direct link so you can see for yourself that the event does indeed start at 7:30 PST. So YES really my statement was correct and your timeline is incorrect. It clearly states the start for the event and when the doors open.
    Lol forgive me i had a smudge in my iphone screen and i thought you said it began at 4:30 pst before. Sorry! My bad.

    Carrie must be pretaping her performance.


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 9
      Last Post: 08-21-2011, 07:35 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •