Like Tree20Likes
  • 15 Post By Ann055
  • 2 Post By DizzyDollyDee
  • 3 Post By bearball49

Thread: 60 Seconds With Carrie Underwood

60 Seconds With Carrie Underwood

After discussing songs from her new album ĎBlown Awayí in detail and sharing her on-stage anxieties, country superstar Carrie Underwood took a moment to answer the truly pressing questions that all fans want to know.

OK, that might be a bit of an exaggeration. More accurately, she humored us as we peppered her with inquiries about everything from her home life with Mike Fisher to how she handles hearing her songs on the radio. The always honest singer didnít disappoint as we steered from the serious to the silly during the final 60 seconds of our chat.

Question 1: Do you ever get one of your own songs stuck in your head?

I do and thatís embarrassing. Because I sing and I donít realize it if Iím like in the store or something. Iíll whistle or Iíll sing and I donít even realize that sound is being produced from myself. So I do and then Iím horribly embarrassed.

Question 2: When your song comes on the radio, do you turn it up or turn it off?

It depends. If itís the first time Iíve heard a new song on the radio, I turn it up, cause thatís a moment. You remember where you were or where you were headed when ó ďthe first time I heard this song on the radio was ÖĒ But if itís like a song Iíve heard a million times, Iíll probably change the channel.

Question 3: Whoís grumpier after a bad day of work, you or Mike?

Me. Mike is really good at leaving his work at work and heís better than I am. I feel like weíre both pretty good, but I definitely can get in a funk a little easier than he can.

Question 4: During NHL Playoff season, is there anything the wives of the players do as a superstition or to support their husbands? Of course the players grow beards and Iím sure no one stops shaving their legs butÖ

No, thatís exactly it.

Really?

No, that would be horrible [laughs]. Umm, I donít think so. I think during playoffs when I go to the games I feel like Iím a little more laid back, I wanna wear my hat and my jerseys Ö for me, we can have a little more fun with it. But I donít really do anything specific for superstitionís sake.

Question 5: What is the last album you bought?

Oh gosh, I bought David CookĎs album not too long ago when it came out. I donít think Iíve bought a whole album since then. I buy songs and stuff!

Junior Carrie Follower SoulDemiuges's Avatar
    You go Carrie. This Loud Morning is an amazing album. Right up there with Blown Away for me.

Concert Stars
    Thanks Ann, loved that 30 minutes interview with Carrie.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks, always love Q & A with Carrie!! She takes every opportunity to share she is a big fan of David Cook's music! Love her loyalty!
    opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Oh gosh, I bought David Cook‘s album not too long ago when it came out. I don’t think I’ve bought a whole album since then. I buy songs and stuff!
    This is why album sales are down --everybody's doing the same thing.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    After I read her comment about David Cook's last album I had to go take a listen and I'll have to admit, I'll be buying some for the first time - I've always liked him but never enough to buy but this time he lassoed me in! Thanks Carrie!

Concert Stars
    aww I love how she likes David Cook's music!!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    This is why album sales are down --everybody's doing the same thing.
    The only thing I can say to that is if tbere are really good songs throughout the whole album, like Carrie's, I buy the album.....Jason Aldeen is now 5 or 6 deep in gpod songs on his album. How often do you see that? You have paid tbe price of tbe whole album by the time you have downloaded those songs. If the rest of the album is as good you definitely lose money by purchasing singles.unfortunately few artists put out more than a couple of good songs with tbe rest fillers. If there was less crap on albums maybe more would sell. The economy might be a factor, but I just think it is the whole instant tecnology responsible. You hear a song, you like it, you instantly download it. Personally, I don't download all that much as most of the stuff you get sick it. Lot of gimmicky stuff...just an old girl's opinion.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bearball49 View Post
    The only thing I can say to that is if tbere are really good songs throughout the whole album, like Carrie's, I buy the album.....Jason Aldeen is now 5 or 6 deep in gpod songs on his album. How often do you see that? You have paid tbe price of tbe whole album by the time you have downloaded those songs. If the rest of the album is as good you definitely lose money by purchasing singles.unfortunately few artists put out more than a couple of good songs with tbe rest fillers. If there was less crap on albums maybe more would sell. The economy might be a factor, but I just think it is the whole instant tecnology responsible. You hear a song, you like it, you instantly download it. Personally, I don't download all that much as most of the stuff you get sick it. Lot of gimmicky stuff...just an old girl's opinion.
    I personally like to have / buy the CD better than download because the sound quality is better.

Junior Carrie Follower Chasing Dreams's Avatar
    Thank you, Ann! I loved the Q&A with Carrie!

Concert Stars
    I love every opportunity that someone asks her about an album she buys, she always mentions David...I love their friendship and how she fully supports him and David supports her as well!

loved reading the Q&A!

•