Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Fox Wants American Idol Alums to Take Part in Season 12: Report

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar

Fox Wants American Idol Alums to Take Part in Season 12: Report

I saw this and i didn't see it posted.

Fox Wants American Idol Alums to Take Part in Season 12: Report

There’s been plenty of talk of American Idol alums coming onto the show for Season 12 in a judging capacity. But show execs are reportedly now thinking outside of the judging box when it comes to some of their old friends.

According to Radar Online, previous contestants — including Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Adam Lambert, and Clay Aiken — have all been contacted by Fox with the hope of re-engaging them in the program for next season, but most likely not on the judging panel.

A source informed Radar, "Idol is reaching out to try and gauge the interest of former contestants coming back on the show to participate in some way."

Could part of the network’s “creative reinvigoration” plan include having one rotating spot on the judging table? Or are there any other ways that these former contestants could make helpful cameos on the program, apart from performing or mentoring on certain episodes? Let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Source: Radar Online

Fox Wants American Idol Alums to Take Part in Season 12: Report - American Idol

Concert Stars
    Nice! I think Carrie would be perfect as a mentor, especially on country week.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Nice! I think Carrie would be perfect as a mentor, especially on country week.
    Yes yes yes!
    countryfan2006 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Let's see you have Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson as 2 of your winners... It would be sheer lunacy not to use these two dynamic performers on the show....Last year having Carrie only perform once all season and not having her on the finale was just plain stupid... Every time she steps on the Idol stage she shows the world that Idol can make Dreams come true of incredibly talented and deserving people... I think Carrie would be perfect in the role of a weekly Mentor like Jimmy has been... Wouldn't that be incredible to see a little bit of Carrie on the show every week...... Wow I think I just nailed a great idea... LOL

I hope it's more than a one-week mentor! I'm so greedy

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    I hope it's more than a one-week mentor! I'm so greedy
    I always knew that you and me have so much in common... I just posted the same thought as yours... At the exact same time you posted... LOL

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I don't think I'd like to see Carrie in the role Jimmy played. Critics can be very harsh and I don't think I would like to have every word Carrie has to say critiqued or scrutinized by critics who strive to cause controversy; thereby getting lots of publicity. Maybe mentoring occasionally, but not weekly. Anyway, it would take too much of her valuable time either away from her career or away from Mike. Some things are just not worth doing IMO.

Anything is possible, this news just makes people who watch the show excited for idol next year and wondering what idol has planned.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee50 View Post
    I don't think I'd like to see Carrie in the role Jimmy played. Critics can be very harsh and I don't think I would like to have every word Carrie has to say critiqued or scrutinized by critics who strive to cause controversy; thereby getting lots of publicity. Maybe mentoring occasionally, but not weekly. Anyway, it would take too much of her valuable time either away from her career or away from Mike. Some things are just not worth doing IMO.
    One thing I've learned is no matter what Carrie does critics are gonna be hard on her...But your point is well taken... If Carrie was ever in that role she would mentor but not be a Pseudo judge after the fact like Jimmy turned into...And your also right it would take far to much time out of her career... So in retrospect I agree my idea sucks... LOL

"Could part of the network’s “creative reinvigoration” plan include having one rotating spot on the judging table?"

Love that part !!!
    jimshoe, lab and countryfan2006 like this.

Carrie Guru
    According to Radar Online, previous contestants — including Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood, Adam Lambert, and Clay Aiken — have all been contacted by Fox with the hope of re-engaging them in the program for next season, but most likely not on the judging panel.
    If that's the case, I want Carrie to do it -she is the ONLY Idol Alum who has the qualification to do it !
    simonplay and countryfan2006 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    "Could part of the network’s “creative reinvigoration” plan include having one rotating spot on the judging table?"

Love that part !!!
    I've thought this would be a good idea for years.. Great way to increase ratings week to week as fans of that given former Idol would tune in specifically to see them.
    simonplay, countryfan2006 and lab like this.

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    If Carrie could find the time, I bet she would volunteer in a heartbeat to do something. She always enjoys going back to where it all began!!
    simonplay and lab like this.

Concert Stars
    IMO Carrie's career doesnt need a kick-start like some of the idols. I think her taking away from her tour and her career to do this would do more harm than good. Try again in 10-20 years
    pgk and Mirasa45A like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    One thing I've learned is no matter what Carrie does critics are gonna be hard on her...But your point is well taken... If Carrie was ever in that role she would mentor but not be a Pseudo judge after the fact like Jimmy turned into...And your also right it would take far to much time out of her career... So in retrospect I agree my idea sucks... LOL
    Russ...you are too funny!!!

I like the idea others have expressed about having a rotating judge panel consisting of one AI contestant each week.
    Could be interesting and could also increase ratings.
    lab likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    i might even start watching it again. I think the idea of having former contestants there in the form of mentors is cool. They could even downplay the judge's role to concentrate on mentoring and audience participation. Idol doesn't start til Jan, so I could see Carrie making some time. I don't think Kelly could as she is contractually obligated on a competing show. They could take this in a whole new direction....i would love to see them limit the voting so we can get honest numbers. It is not fair...my old arthritic fingers can not text as fast as the tweens. I am hoping that they can put their heads together and come up with a good show. They already have gone through all of the auditions, so hopefully, they can get a fresh show together that is different from the others and maybe jst a little better so that we can e reminded that AI was not only the first, but the best in music reality tv.

Ps...I bet Fantasia, Clay, Reuben, or about any of the alums would love a chance for some exposure and yes, a rotating judge might work too, although I prefer mentoring.
    simonplay and lab like this.

Ace
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    IMO Carrie's career doesnt need a kick-start like some of the idols. I think her taking away from her tour and her career to do this would do more harm than good. Try again in 10-20 years
    You and I think alike on this subject

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I guess I don't really like this idea at all. Outside of Carrie and maybe a few others, there are precious few that could add anything of significances to the show. IMO the point of having the judges and mentors is to share advice and insights for the new contestants and to perhaps assist them is having more than the 15 seconds of fame that several have had because of the show. For all past winners and top 24 contestants the numbers speak for themselves and I just don't think its a good idea.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I can see her maybe doing a mentoring session for a week.

I think (I don't know) but i think Idol won't be around in 10 or 20 years from now..

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast