Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Who will replace Lopez, Tyler on 'American Idol'?

Who will replace Lopez, Tyler on 'American Idol'?

"Speculation also has focused on former "Idol" winner Carrie Underwood, 29, and finalists Jennifer Hudson and Adam Lambert, both 30."

Who will replace Lopez, Tyler on 'American Idol'?

I would love see Carrie in the judge panel since American Idol its aired in my country and all Latin America !
    teesharky and opry051008 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love idol but Carrie already has a career haha. She doesn't need idol. Plus she'll be too busy. She'd be a good mentor tho.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    To be honest, I would love this for her at this point.
    It is still the biggest TV show on the planet! And she will not stay a huge record seller forever.
    But, truth be told, I don't think it actually fits her.
    She does not allow herself to be percieved as someone who has the right to "judge" anyone.
    She considers hersself extremely lucky and does not allow herself to accept that it is her incredible talent that has landed her where she is. If she could let go of her self effacing tendancies and realize that she has a great deal to offer in the line of actual singing, she would be an amazing teacher.
    But asas, she is simply too humble at this point to do it.
    It is her upbringing that does not allow her to talk about just how good she is or that she has quailties worthy of giving advise to others on.
    But it would sure be a cushy gig Carrie!

I just think in the exposure all around the world , I meant AI is even televised in ALL Latin America !

But yeah maybe the big problem its her new tour coming up .

Carrie Guru
    Business wise: Carrie would earn less money for being a judge on American Idon than having concerts tour. Let say Carrie will be paid 15 million dollars for being a judge, but with the "Blown Away" successful tour, Carrie can earn at least $ 30 to $ 40 million a year.
    pklongbeach and DaisyTweets like this.

Concert Stars
    I personally don't want to see Carrie on Idol. I don't want to see any former Idol as a judge.
    But then I don't watch the show anymore - and I would have to watch if Carrie were on ! But I don't think it would be a good fit for her - she is an encourager not a critic and she knows how hard it is to hear the stuff you hear from the judges that she wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Mentor yes, judge no.
    I think Mariah Carey would be a good judge. She could be a little of both, an encourager and a critic.

Concert Stars
    Yes, true.
    Some people are naturally critical. And I don't mean that in a bad way at all. I think that is an important part of societies balance. But Carrie is definately not one of those people.
    Ellen was not and we saw how well that served the show. NOT!
    Now a judge does not have to be critical in a negative way. They can be very constructive.
    but still it is just not in Carries nature, I don't think, to point out the bad side of another persons efforts.
    Me? YES! Carrie? No.
    Pi314CA and Mirasa45A like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Yes, true.
    Some people are naturally critical. And I don't mean that in a bad way at all. I think that is an important part of societies balance. But Carrie is definately not one of those people.
    Ellen was not and we saw how well that served the show. NOT!
    Now a judge does not have to be critical in a negative way. They can be very constructive.
    but still it is just not in Carries nature, I don't think, to point out the bad side of another persons efforts.
    Me? YES! Carrie? No.
    Exactly. Not everyone is cut out to be a judge on these competition shows. People like Carrie and Ellen are all about putting positive things into the world, and just don't have it in them to criticize people in such a public format. It was so uncomfortable to watch Ellen struggle to find something positive to say even when someone's performance wasn't good.
    I agree that judges don't need to be negative when giving critiques. It is a big plus if they can be constructive. I think constructive criticism is something that is often missing from these shows. The judges on "Duets" are doing a great job being constructive, but sadly the ratings aren't great. The judges on "The Voice" don't often criticize anything lol.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The show could take three people off of this site to be the judges and they would have the same influence on me as any big name music industry person they got.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    The show could take three people off of this site to be the judges and they would have the same influence on me as any big name music industry person they got.
    Yeah, since we are so critical of Carrie's LIVE performance, surely we can judge Idol contestants

Concert Stars
    And we do seem to know so much! (wink)

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    Yeah, since we are so critical of Carrie's LIVE performance, surely we can judge Idol contestants
    Yeah, we get so mad of the critics when they gave Carrie a negative review but really we are worst than the critics.
    Pi314CA and Mirasa45A like this.

Concert Stars
    would be kinda cool if Carrie did this but she won't have any time!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    I think the show should just end. Idol has run it's course and it's not what it once was. Just like all reality shows it's time to bring it to an end and let regualr TV shows make a return! Reality shows have taken over the airwaves long enough and have over stayed their welcome. Not to mention there will never be another Idol winner like our sweet Carrie so there's no reason to go on!!!

Concert Stars
    I disagree. I still enjoy the show and so do the nearly 20million people who watch every night.

It is inevitable that ratings would fall off a bit over time but it still gets a bigger draw then most shows on tv.

Iagree that carrie is the best idol ever to come out of the show but that doesn't mean it still doesn't have value. Scotty is a good addition to country music and I think Phil Phillips could do ok too.

Think of all the dreams you they would be crushing if they cancelled it. I say keep going but change the judges every 2 years to keep it fresh.

I loved Steven Tyler as a judge but two years was enough. Jlo was decent but i am fine with a new panel- except keep randy. We need one of the originsls to stay.
    JB172 and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Country View Post
    I think the show should just end. Idol has run it's course and it's not what it once was. Just like all reality shows it's time to bring it to an end and let regualr TV shows make a return! Reality shows have taken over the airwaves long enough and have over stayed their welcome. Not to mention there will never be another Idol winner like our sweet Carrie so there's no reason to go on!!!
    I agree that the number of reality shows is becoming a bit overwhelming, but they aren't going anywhere. If Fox cancelled Idol, they would likely just replace it with another reality show lol. They cancelled the "So You Think You Can Dance" results show this summer only to put two dating shows in its place . At least shows like Idol require people to have some form of talent.

I don't think Idol has overstayed its welcome. I think it does need a little freshening up though. A change in judges might be just what it needs.

Tee, I don't think we need Randy. IMO, he was the biggest problem at the judges' table the past two seasons. He thinks he is witty, but he isn't. He just seems to recycle his catchphrases without saying anything truly relevant. There were times this season that I think he disagreed with Steven and J-Lo just for the sake of disagreeing to create some drama. I'd rather have three new judges that can do their job adequately.

Junior Carrie Follower Daydreamer81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Country View Post
    I agree. I feel like the American Idol has run its course. The shows ratings while still high have steadily gone down over the years and I don't feel like they can find better judges then the original. I mean Steven Tyler and JLo were liked at first but then as time when on people started to dislike their judging styles. I don't have any idea who they can ever replace them with and still be successful. Also the winners are the same old white male with a guitar and as much as I hate to say it flops.
    Mirasa45A likes this.

Carrie Guru
    I don't want Carrie to be a judge but it sure would be fun to watch her try "Not" to tell someone they suck. It would probably come out like "I think you should just keep singing, you'll probably get a record contract SOON" lol.

Concert Stars
    I think Carrie would be better as a mentor then Judge. I think she would be slammed for being too nice, like Jlo was for awhile, and Paula.

Better to come on and be a mentor. Surprised they have not asked her yet to be honest.

Concert Stars
    Here are people who would make great judges for a 2 year run-- then change again:

1. Reba-- why not have a country judge? Everyone loves her and she is the Queen. Her career stands for itself so I think people would respect her.
    2. Mariah Carey-- she is a nice person, to be honest, so I can see her being decent and taking over Jlo's spot. They still need a mean or honest judge-- but she could be the nice one.
    3. Sheryl crow: her career is sort of on downslide right now but she is very respected and seems to be an honest person. I think she would be honest.
    4. Alicia Keys-- she is very talented, nice, and well respected.
    5. Jay Z--- why not have a Rapper judge? He is getting older and it might be a nice change for him, just for 2 years.
    6. Stevie Nicks--- people respect her and she was a good mentor.
    7. Steve Perry- he seems to have retired from singing forever, but boy was he good. He was one of the best pure singers ever, in any genre. I think he would be good and his career is kind of dead right now so why not.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast