Like Tree12Likes
  • 11 Post By cary78663
  • 1 Post By Gator

Thread: Makayla Lynn to perform with her ‘Idol’

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

Makayla Lynn to perform with her ‘Idol’

Makayla Lynn to perform with her ‘Idol’

ELMSDALE: Four years ago, the very first concert Makayla Lynn ever went to featured country music mega star Carrie Underwood. Now, the 11-year-old from Belnan—who has just released her second CD ‘The Music in Me’—can say she will be playing in a concert with the famous singer of country hits ‘Jesus Take The Wheel’ and ‘Before He Cheats.’ Despite having Cavendish Beach Music Festival in her sights, Makayla Lynn was already looking to the future and the inaugural Boots and Hearts Country Music Festival, being held Aug. 10-12, at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park in Bowmanville, Ont., just an hour east of Toronto.“It is very exciting to be a part of such a big festival,” said a still-in-shock Makayla Lynn. “Carrie Underwood was the very first concert I ever went to, so I can’t believe I’m playing in a concert with her.” The concert performance with Underwood—as well as other mega stars like Tim McGraw, Gord Downie of The Tragically Hip, rocker Kid Rock, and Lionel Richie to name a few—will be ‘The Joke’s On You’ anti-bullying singer’s first outside of the Maritimes. “I’m excited to get to see new things, and to be able to travel a bit while I am doing what I love,” she said. “I can’t believe I’m playing with such big artists. They are the people we listen to on the radio all the time. It really hasn’t sunk in yet that I will be there with them.” With her schedule filling up faster than a dentists appointment schedule, how does Makayla Lynn not perform too much that she wears out?“My concerts are usually on the weekends so I get to be a kid and play all week,” replied Makayla Lynn, who some describe as having the voice of an angel. “My parents also make sure I only perform once or twice on a weekend, and they always ask me if it is something I want to do. Because I get asked so much sometimes I have to say no because I’m already doing something that weekend, and I can’t do both.” She’s sharing the stage with Kid Rock, Paul Brandt, Terri Clark, and many more on Saturday of the festival. Underwood performs on Sunday, and there’s a chance Makayla Lynn may also perform that night, and meet her idol. “I will be part of a showcase,” explained the giddy pre-teen on a summer evening in Belnan. “I’m looking forward to performing for a lot of new people, but I am also looking forward to enjoying such a big concert too. I really hope to be able to meet Carrie Underwood.” The experience will allow more exposure for the young songstress to many people who haven’t heard her before. It may even lead to future bookings at Ontario-based festivals, and give her a taste of what to expect in October. “It will be a new atmosphere being outside of the Maritimes,” said Makayla Lynn. “There are lots of great festivals in Ontario so maybe others will want me to play next summer. Maybe people will see me at Boots and Hearts and want to see me again when I perform in Toronto.” The concert promoter told Makayla Lynn that he discovered her on You Tube where videos of her performing Underwood’s songs ‘I Told You So’ and ‘Jesus Take The Wheel.’“The promoter said he watched a few of my Carrie Underwood cover videos, and he just knew I had to be a part of the festival, especially with Carrie Underwood being there,” she said grinning ear-to-ear.
    Source: The Enfield Weekly Press -

Concert Stars
    pretty sure I am going to this and it's gonna be neat to see Makayla!!

Concert Stars
    It would be great if Carrie calls her on stage with her to perform. What a great opportunity for this young girl!
    glenn7 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I hope this goes to the FC, so Carrie will know about it!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    How cool. Carrie has to see this

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is such a great once in a lifetime opportunity for Makayla! I am sure she will have a blast!

Concert Stars
    WOW! I live about 30 mins from Elmsdale!! Awesome for this little girl! Wish I was going with her!!!

•