Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: Country Universe - Blown Away review

Junior Carrie Follower abdulmajeed's Avatar
    I've been listening to a lot of country songs in the Top 20 in the Billboard Country charts right now. All I can say is just wow. Carrie Underwood's songs are a bazillion miles better than 90% of them. And Blown Away is definitely eons away from songs about trucks.
    lab, Smokyiiis, teesharky and 4 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    i think critics need to start realizing that country music is about a STORY and about LIFE...not about instrument preference. There is so much more to country music than a steel guitar and a mandolin. If I throw a banjo into Party Rock Anthem is it suddenly country? Absolutely not. Giving the song "Shots" a catchy little two-step drum doesnt make it country either. Its about relating to peoples lives and telling a story that other genres are too afraid to tell. Blown Away IS country (and wow, it even did it without a banjo...who'l'da thunk it)
    Nothing any critic says good or bad means anything, IMO.

It is just their opinion and the fact that all of them see this act or that act as being country and not another person who does the same music just shows what they have to say is meaningless.

Concert Stars
    i think critics need to start realizing that country music is about a STORY and about LIFE...not about instrument preference. There is so much more to country music than a steel guitar and a mandolin. If I throw a banjo into Party Rock Anthem is it suddenly country? Absolutely not. Giving the song "Shots" a catchy little two-step drum doesnt make it country either. Its about relating to peoples lives and telling a story that other genres are too afraid to tell. Blown Away IS country (and wow, it even did it without a banjo...who'l'da thunk it)
    You should post more often.
    lab likes this.

Concert Stars
    I'll say it again, any reviewer who tries to put Carrie or another in a genre unless they specifically state it (Brad paisley's This is Country Music comes to mind lol) is lowering their credibility as a critic. New music is supposed to evolve. The Miranda comparison even proves how wrong they are with the genre comparison.
    pklongbeach likes this.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

Great post!!!

"Carrie and Team Carrie" MUST SPEND "COUNTLESS HOURS and SUMS OF MONEY(in promotion CAMPAIGN and publicity CAMPAIGN) - for "Blown Away" song. I think they found a GOLD MINE from this song. I feel that this song is a POTENTIAL MONSTER "HIT" that they should be MORE ACTIVE with EXTRAORDINARY PERSEVERANCE and DRIVE in the "promotion CAMPAIGN and publicity CAMPAIGN" - PUSH IT to CROSSOVER "WITHOUT REMIXING THE SONG" to get an airplay in the mainstream pop/rock RADIO AIR WAVE after IT IS DONE IN COUNTRY RADIOS.
    Last edited by lab; 07-17-2012 at 08:14 PM.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    While Carrie MUTATES and EVOLVES ...... Carrie and Mike's CORE IDEOLOGY serves as GUIDING VALUES and with a SENSE OF PURPOSE that gives their LIFE and CAREER - "MEANING". Like the "GENETIC CODE" in the natural world, which REMAINS FIXED while species VARY and EVOLVE - Carrie and Mike's CORE IDEOLOGY "REMAINS UNCHANGED" throughout ALL Carrie's MUTATION - they put their FAITH in CHRIST FIRST - and has demonstrated their "LOVE FOR GOD" AND "LOVE FOR THEIR NEIGHBOR, like the GOOD SAMARITAN did" - anywhere they go (Read Mike Fisher's book, "Defender Of Faith"). Indeed, it is the very presence of these fixed, GUIDING IDEALS that gives Carrie SOMETHING EXTRA that evolving species in the natural world can never have: a "PURPOSE" and a "SPIRIT, with an intimate relationship with GOD" - and the MOST IMPORTANT of THEIR GUIDING "IDEALS" is - "The purpose of their life fits into a much larger, cosmic purpose that GOD has designed for ETERNITY."
    Last edited by lab; 07-19-2012 at 06:28 PM.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function SUPERBLY - "Jesus Take The Wheel and Before He Cheats", "All-American Girl and Last Name", "Cowboy Casanova and Temporary Home", etc. - Carrie seeks to be HIGHLY IDEALISTIC and HIGHLY PROFITABLE - Carrie preserves a tightly held CORE IDEOLOGY and stimulates VIGOROUS CHANGE and PROGRESS. Irrational? Perhaps. RARE? YES. Difficult? ABSOLUTELY. AND THAT IS EXACTLY, CARRIE IS ABLE TO DO. Keep in mind that EVOLUTION involves BOTH "VARIATION and SELECTION". TWO KEY QUESTIONS: Does it work with the CURRENT "MUSIC MARKET ENVIRONMENT"? Does it fit with Carrie's CORE IDEOLOGY? Never forget to PRESERVE THE CORE while STIMULATING "EVOLUTIONARY PROGRESS".
    Last edited by lab; 07-20-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Carrie Follower

Good Girl

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    exactly. and honestly guys, in reality, this is one review. there have been good reviews of Blown Away and especially Good Girl. merchant account Good Girl got critical acclaim. and remember Blown Away got positive reviews. we're all just super fans so the one negative thing stands out like a sore thumb. our continual focus on it means this reviewer wins so maybe its time to move on.
    Becca
    Great post. Have fun !!!

•  
    Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678