Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: OFFSTAGE: Who Will Carrie Underwood Write for Next?

OFFSTAGE: Who Will Carrie Underwood Write for Next?

CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Who Will Carrie Underwood Write for Next?

"I met newcomer Rachel Holder last month, she told me Underwood had written a song on her debut album, too. It's called "Lord Help Me." Underwood co-wrote that one with Katrina Elam and Ashley Monroe, and it has a "Lord help me, I'm fallin' in love" kind of vibe. I think Holder's voice will be perfect for it. But then again, so would Underwood's"

July 2, 2012; Written by Alison Bonaguro

Concert Stars
    Yay - Carrie's getting more songwriting recognition!
    Ann055 likes this.

Concert Stars
    IT's wonderful.
    IT makes her mark within the industry much more concrete.
    Now all we need is for one of them to have a hit with it.

Concert Stars
    Thanks for posting; I'm so excited for Carrie.

the following was posted on this site in 2009- found the thread using google.- Enjoy

http://www.carriefans.com/forums/pla...d-help-me.html
    opry051008 likes this.

I have a one-track mind - I'm just relieved that the song they gave Rachel Holder wasn't Oklahoma Wind lol.
    opry051008 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is awesome news! I really liked the demo of this song when it came out during the PO era. It must be surreal for Carrie to have her songs recorded by other artists. Pretty amazing to think she only started writing a few short years ago.
    Cps235, Pi314CA and Gator like this.

Concert Stars
    Read the lyrics.
    Strong.
    Visual.
    Well written.
    You go Carrie.
    HEr writing skills are just growing by leaps and bounds.
    mbh and Ann055 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    I have a one-track mind - I'm just relieved that the song they gave Rachel Holder wasn't Oklahoma Wind lol.
    You are obsessed with that song! lol
    Claire2004 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower doitnthedirt's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't really care for that song !!! SORRY

Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    You are obsessed with that song! lol

Yes, yes, I am lol . There's no cure for it except for an official recording by Carrie lol.
    nccountrygal likes this.

Concert Stars
    THANK GOD nobody took Oklahoma Wind yet. I'm more ready to part with Lord Help Me.

It's not fair that such a gorgeous, perfect, and brilliant song get vaulted or given away over some people not listening to me on YouTube or whoever leaked it to begin with or what have you. It's sacrilegious. We should not be deprived of Oklahoma Wind. Imagine non-fans or casual fans who have yet to hear the song. Those poor things! How can they go about their day without listening to that song, without ever hearing the song? This is an absolute travesty. I say we start an Internet revolution. The time is now.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by doitnthedirt View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't really care for that song !!! SORRY
    One thing I have noticed about Carrie's songs, there is something for everyone. I read on here all the time how one person's absolute favorite song is disliked by another. She is diverse enough that she is bound to win over even the toughest critics sooner or later with one of her songs. I notice my grandson will skip one of my favs once in a while yet my granddaughter's absolute favorite is CGAS and not mine. In all of her reviews, I notice the consistancy while commenting on her vocals it is pretty much universally accepted that she is a superstar....yet, even the reviewers have a difference of opinion over the songs they favor. Good news is, she seems to be pleasing more and more people. Those yhat have attended the shows remembering fondly traditional country may have been a little surprized at the progressive country, but still came away pleased.....the same for that were dragged there expecting YEE HAW,...they were happily surprized to hear songs they might not have oreviously considered country. It is all good and Carrie has made a big impact on country music by giving it some much needed diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    THANK GOD nobody took Oklahoma Wind yet. I'm more ready to part with Lord Help Me.

It's not fair that such a gorgeous, perfect, and brilliant song get vaulted or given away over some people not listening to me on YouTube or whoever leaked it to begin with or what have you. It's sacrilegious. We should not be deprived of Oklahoma Wind. Imagine non-fans or casual fans who have yet to hear the song. Those poor things! How can they go about their day without listening to that song, without ever hearing the song? This is an absolute travesty. I say we start an Internet revolution. The time is now.
    Build a bridge and GET OVER IT.

Concert Stars
    NEVER.
    SoulDemiuges likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    Build a bridge and GET OVER IT.
    Everyone has their favorite songs even if they are unreleased but it doesn't make them any less important to someone. I have no problem with people talking about OW as it was a gem that didn't make the album but doesn't mean it means any less to some people. We all have our favorite songs released or unreleased. By pass the posts about OW if you do not want to read them as it will not change people's feelings on the issue

i am not saying that she/he should stop enjoying it, cause obviously she/he has the demo of the song; just stop obsessing over it. and besides for all i know; you follow in love with the demo for a particular song, and it is awesome, and when it is released studio verison, it is not as good as the demo, and you are left disappointed, because the studio verison wasn't as awesome as the demo was. #justsaying.

Junior Carrie Follower SoulDemiuges's Avatar
    I will cry over Oklahoma Wind and Nobody Knows until after I die.

Carrie Guru
    i am not saying that she/he should stop enjoying it, cause obviously she/he has the demo of the song; just stop obsessing over it. and besides for all i know; you follow in love with the demo for a particular song, and it is awesome, and when it is released studio verison, it is not as good as the demo, and you are left disappointed, because the studio verison wasn't as awesome as the demo was. #justsaying.

Umm, I think we're here at CF because we actually are obsessive types.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraebe View Post
    Everyone has their favorite songs even if they are unreleased but it doesn't make them any less important to someone. I have no problem with people talking about OW as it was a gem that didn't make the album but doesn't mean it means any less to some people. We all have our favorite songs released or unreleased. By pass the posts about OW if you do not want to read them as it will not change people's feelings on the issue
    THANK YOU

It's not for you to dictate what things we should stop obsessing over lol. And if in the future a studio record comes out and we're left disappointed, then it is our problem.

Some of us love the song and would like to post about it from time to time, I don't see the harm in that. If you're tired of our posts about it, why not simply ignore our posts instead of getting grumpy about it and dictating us to stop obsessing.
    allamericangirl8 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast