Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood's Album Gets 'Blown Away' Using New App

Carrie Underwood's Album Gets 'Blown Away' Using New App

Carrie Underwood's Album Gets 'Blown Away' Using New App: Video - The 615 | Billboard.com

Carrie Underwood is no stranger to the word "reality." After all, as the winner of the 2005 season of "American Idol," she won the hearts of millions of viewers across the world. Now, the singer has entered into a promotion that is sure to please her fan following.

Sony Music Nashville and Aurasma, the world's leading augmented reality platform, have partnered to launch an augmented reality promotional campaign for Underwood's No. 1 album, "Blown Away," which was released in May.

Using the free Aurasma Lite app for iPhones, iPads and Android devices available from the iTunes App Store and Google Play, fans can launch exclusive video of Underwood that is triggered by aiming the device at the cover image of Blown Away. The video leaps from the Blown Away image on the mobile device or tablet and provides a click-through gateway to the album at the iTunes store. The promotion was launched in Nashville recently at the CMA Music Festival.

"Carrie Underwood is always looking for ways to connect with her fans," said Gary Overton, Sony Music Nashville chairman and chief executive officer. "We are excited to embrace a cutting-edge technology like augmented reality to help give fans something special and provide a cool, unique connection between the artist and audience. Sony Music Nashville is excited to watch this fun idea unfold and is eager to partner with Aurasma on other future campaigns."

Upon its release on May 1, "Blown Away" made history by debuting at No. 1 on Billboard's Top Country albums sales chart making Underwood only the second country artist in the 47 year history of the chart to have each of their first four albums debut at No. 1. "Blown Away" also debuted at No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart making Underwood only the second country artist in history to have three consecutive albums debut at No. 1. "Blown Away" became country's best-selling digital album debut since 2010.

"Carrie Underwood is a proven superstar. We are thrilled to partner with Sony Music Nashville to help increase the momentum of her smash album Blown Away," said Jennifer Rapp, general manager of Aurasma. "By leveraging augmented reality to bridge the physical and virtual worlds, Sony gives the fans something exclusive and special, helping to keep fans connected and Carrie in the spotlight."

The free Aurasma app runs on iPhone 3GS (and above), iPad2 (and above), and high-powered Android devices.

Yesterday, Underwood performed the first of four concerts on the Australian leg of her tour to promote "Blown Away." She kicked things off in Melbourne, and will perform in Tamworth and Brisbane on Friday and Saturday, before finishing things in Sydney on Sunday. Also, Underwood has just released the title cut as the second single -- to follow up the chart-topping success of "Good Girl," which became her fifteenth number one record.

Concert Stars
    Ok, tech experts.....explain just exactly what this does? You point it at her album, and it takes you to her itunes page?
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Concert Stars
    Thanks again, Ann! Great find! I will have to try it.
    Ann055 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Ok, tech experts.....explain just exactly what this does? You point it at her album, and it takes you to her itunes page?

LOL, couldn't have asked it better myself!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It is a little scary just what you can do with a cell phone now a days, I remember when they first started coming out and were about a foot long. lol
    Ann055, Gator and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^^ We had one. It was like holding a shoe to your ear! But, we thought it was fantastic, and it worked!
    Ann055 and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Aim the camera to the cd cover with the app and watch her dress move from the wind blowing and the cd text lifts off the cd towards you then shows the BA preview.
    rainbow1 and opry051008 like this.

Concert Stars
    yes what does this mean? lol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    ^^ We had one. It was like holding a shoe to your ear! But, we thought it was fantastic, and it worked!
    Those things served two purposes to make a phone call and it could be used as weapon if need be. lol
    Gator likes this.

Concert Stars
    LOL - A BYGO bargain! I guess, in the end, it was money well spent!!??

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    Aim the camera to the cd cover with the app and watch her dress move from the wind blowing and the cd text lifts off the cd towards you then shows the BA preview.
    D

Did you find it on itunes, I couldn't find it!!

Concert Stars
    D

Did you find it on itunes, I couldn't find it!!

I found it at the iTunes App Store.

Huge Carrie Follower huggablebri's Avatar
    Maybe I'm not tech savvy enough. Downloaded it and don't understand it. Can't find the blown away thing from the video up above.

Concert Stars
    Ok I got it. Does her album have to have the big A sign on it? Can't get it to work on my old album.

Concert Stars
    ^^You have to open up the app and hold your camera over the CD cover. It wasn't immediate for me, maybe a couple of seconds. You will see exactly what Carrie&Taylor stated above. You will hear the wind and see Carrie's dress blow in the wind. The letters start moving. Then the BA video preview starts playing. Hope that helps.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Carries team posted this on Facebook a couple weeks ago so naturally I tried it lol its pretty cool

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huggablebri View Post
    Maybe I'm not tech savvy enough. Downloaded it and don't understand it. Can't find the blown away thing from the video up above.
    Try tapping the screen as you are aiming the cd cover. Look for the blue dots to start twirling in a circle as its loading.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    You will need to have this application installed on your mobile device:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...urasma.aurasma

The application is free, and there are versions for Android and Apple hand held operating systems (However, it will only work with high end devices, so you will need to check the specifications to find out if your mobile device is compatible.)

The application works by recognizing a pre-determined image (in this case, Carrie's album cover.) Once the application picks up the picture, it should be programmed to start playing content associated with that picture - as determined by whichever organization has decided to join in the scheme (in this case Sony). It will work as long as Sony continue running the promotion.

If you have the right device, but can't get it to work at all, try downloading a newer version of the app.

Junior Carrie Follower Chasing Dreams's Avatar
    Awesome! I hope to try this app sometime soon!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That's awesome! I shall definitely try it. It sounds fun! I love the new and exciting ways Carrie's team are promoting her with the new album.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast