Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood to be at CMA Songwriters Series 7/31 in Boston

Carrie Underwood to be at CMA Songwriters Series 7/31 in Boston

http://countrymusicnewsinternational....html?spref=tw

CMA SONGWRITERS SERIES RETURNS TO BOSTON WITH COUNTRY SUPERSTAR CARRIE UNDERWOOD

Underwood Joined by Brett James, Luke Laird, Hillary Lindsey, and Host Bob DiPiero

NASHVILLE – Country superstar Carrie Underwood will appear for the first time in the perennially popular CMA Songwriters Series, which will return to Boston Tuesday, July 31 (7:00 PM/ET) at Royale, a concert venue in downtown Boston’s Theater District.

“We first brought the CMA Songwriters Series to Boston last year and it was a huge success,” said Steve Moore, CMA Chief Executive Officer. “We are so excited to have Carrie participating in this event. New England’s Country Music fans are in for an unforgettable night.”

"I'm so excited to be a part of the CMA Songwriter Series with Hillary, Luke, Brett, and Bob! Not only are they some of the most respected songwriters in Nashville, but I'm very lucky to call them my friends. It's going to be a great night!" said Underwood.

Since her debut in 2005, Underwood has sold more than 14 million albums and amassed 15 No. 1 singles, seven of which she co-wrote , “So Small,” “All American Girl,” “Last Name,” “Cowboy Casanova,” “Temporary Home,” “Undo It,” and her most recent No. 1 song “Good Girl” from her new album Blown Away. The album debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s all-genre 200 chart as well as Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart, where it remained for five consecutive weeks. Underwood, who has co-hosted the CMA Awards with Brad Paisley the past four years, has won five CMA trophies including three consecutive CMA Female Vocalist of the Year Awards.

Joining Underwood will be Brett James (“Jesus, Take the Wheel” and “Cowboy Casanova,” both recorded by Underwood, “The Truth” recorded by Jason Aldean, and “Out Last Night” recorded by Kenny Chesney); Luke Laird (“So Small,” “Last Name,” “Undo It,” “Mama’s Song,” and “Temporary Home” all recorded by Underwood, “Baggage Claim” recorded by Miranda Lambert, and “Drink In My Hand” recorded by Eric Church); Hillary Lindsey (“Just a Dream,” “So Small,” “Jesus, Take The Wheel,” “Wasted,” and “Last Name,” all recorded by Underwood, “American Honey” recorded by Lady Antebellum, and “A Little Bit Stronger,” recorded by Sara Evans); and the evening’s host and Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame member Bob DiPiero (“Southern Voice” recorded by Tim McGraw, “Blue Clear Sky” recorded by George Strait, and “You Can’t Take the Honky Tonk Out of the Girl” recorded by Brooks & Dunn).

Tickets to the July 31 show are $50 for VIP seating, $39 for reserved seating and $25 for General Admission and will go on sale Friday, June 29 at noon ET. Tickets will be available through Ticketmaster.com, at any Ticketmaster outlet, or by phone at (800) 745-3000. Fans can avoid service fees by purchasing tickets at the Royale box office (279 Tremont Street) on Fridays between noon and 6:00 PM/ET. Tickets are non-transferable and will be available at the box office will call only. Purchasers must present a photo ID in order to retrieve their tickets.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Ann, you might to change the date in your thread title -- you haave 7/21 and the date in the body of the story is 7/31. Thanks again for always finding such interesting stuff about Carrie and sharing it with us!!!
    Ann055 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's awesome! What exactly would Carrie be doing there though?

Concert Stars
    Awesome! This will help carrie get a bit more recognition as a songwriter.

Concert Stars
    Ooh this is fabulous - I may try to get tickets - basically they talk about their songwriting process and sing some of their songs, hits and new ones. Thanks for posting!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    Ooh this is fabulous - I may try to get tickets - basically they talk about their songwriting process and sing some of their songs, hits and new ones. Thanks for posting!
    Thanks! It's nice to see Carrie being represented as a songwriter for once.
    gocountrymusic and HuiZ like this.

Junior Carrie Follower underwoodfanfrance's Avatar
    “We are so excited to have Carrie participating in this event." Excited too !!! ♥♥♥
    Ann055, Cps235 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Wow! A chance for those that live in that area to go listen to Carre talk and sing!! Tell us about it Jude, if you go!! I'm excited for Carrie!!

Concert Stars
    Thanks, so happy for Carrie that she is finally being recognize as a songwriter.

Concert Stars
    I am thrilled that Carrie gets to participate in the CMA Songwriters Series! I hope Carrie continues to get more recognition for her songwriting.

Concert Stars
    They forgot Mama's song - but maybe they are only counting Billboard #1's

Carrie Guru
    Can anyone attend this?

Judes said maybe. I sure wish I could go -- what a great experience that would be!!
    opry051008 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I'm sure some on the FC will try to go!!

Concert Stars
    ohh very cool!

Concert Stars
    Oh Ann, once again you find the best articles. Thank you
    Ann055 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    you are the best Ann. Keep them coming
    Ann055 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I'm going to try to go - this will be interesting - I think people in the country community are beginning to see Carrie as a songwriter and that her artistic vision plays a bigger role in writing her songs and influencing her albums than they ever thought it did.
    opry051008, Ann055 and Gator like this.

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    Damn it. Im in Boston on the 3/8. So close.....

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    I'm going to try to go - this will be interesting - I think people in the country community are beginning to see Carrie as a songwriter and that her artistic vision plays a bigger role in writing her songs and influencing her albums than they ever thought it did.
    I hope you get to go, Judes!

I agree with this statement. I think Carrie tends to minimize her involvement in things, and does not always elaborate, and doesn't exaggerate things. The same could not be said about some other artists. I love Carrie's humility, but wish she would share more of her involvement, and take credit where necessary. Hopefully, this is the beginning of Carrie truly opening up and sharing her all-around talent as an artist.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast