Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By Ann055
  • 5 Post By Farawayhills
  • 1 Post By jaylee50
  • 1 Post By kewlie78189

Thread: Carrie Underwood: I love Jessie J and Cheryl is Gorgeous

Carrie Underwood: I love Jessie J and Cheryl is Gorgeous

Ace, oldyfan, opry051008 and 2 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    MTV is a Pop channel - which probably explains why they only discuss Carrie there in the context of her admiration for UK Pop artists. I hope they will also carry some coverage of her own music.

She actually knows more about them than I do, (e.g. I'm sure she's great, but I think this is the first time I've ever come across the name "Jessie J" That shows I should watch MTV occasionally, Lol)

Cheryl Cole is certainly very attractive. For those of you interested in our accents, she speaks with a "Geordie" (Northumberland) accent. She also has a "reality" TV background and sang in the group "Girls Aloud". She was formerly married to a high profile footballer . She's a very popular magazine and TV personality, and is considered a fashion icon (though she also gets jibes from "celebrity culture" cynics). At the Queen's jubilee, she sang the Lady Antebellum song "Need You Now".

One serious point about British Pop Music in general - it's far easier to get recognition here if your music is influenced by American "urban", R & B, or Caribbean music. Although Country has deeper links with our folk music, much of the contemporary audience is scarcely aware of this, and it's relatively unusual for our younger artists to refer to Country Music influences (Mumford & Sons being one successful exception)

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks Farawayhills. You are a wealth of UK information. I enjoy your posts.
    Ann055 likes this.

Concert Stars
    thanks for posting!
    Ann055 likes this.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yeah that's good Carrie mentions a few UK artists

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It's nice that Carrie appreciates British artists. Carrie's cover of Coldplay's "Fix You" at her London show last week was astonishing. Thank you for posting, Ann055.

Carrie Underwood - London 21/06/12 - (Cover Coldplay Fix You) HD - YouTube

•