• 1 Post By utlovescarrie
  • 2 Post By jbrown
  • 2 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By jbrown

Thread: Concert Review by UK Country Music

Huge Carrie Follower

Concert Review by UK Country Music

ukCOUNTRYmusic.NET - UK country fans

The crowd stamped their feet and clapped for more and she didn’t disappoint as smoke rose from the stage, Carrie returned to sing her encore set I Know You Won’t from her Carnival Ride album and aptly finished with Blown Away.

Because that was quite simply what she’d done to us with her amazing talent at her UK debut performance. Lets hope she comes back soon, bringing some of her country friends with her.

Thanks for posting! I love this review too! He was tweeting as well and really loves Carrie. I'm so happy for her!!!

Ace
    Concert Stars
    another great awesome review...soo happy for Carrie

Concert Stars
    wonderful review...loving all these!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Ahhh! That's a great review. thanks for posting.

Concert Stars
    Glad to see the country music UK got on board with Carrie!!

Concert Stars
    Boy the UK critics actually listen to the show and give honest reviews of what they just heard.... American and Canadian critics could learn something from them that's for damn sure...GREAT REVEIW(!)
    Ann055, rainbow1 and Gator like this.

Carrie Guru
    The younger members were there, perhaps in their quest to find something more meaningful than the average manufactured, here today, gone tomorrow acts who seem to dominate the UK airwaves, have finally caught on to the fact that modern country music, or country pop/rock – call it what you will, is no longer all Yee-haw! and something to be sneered act, but can be cool. Certainly there were several moments throughout the evening when it was hard to tell whether we were at a pop/rock gig or a country one.
    This is why Carrie Underwood is one of the BEST singer / vocalist ever, in my opinion -- she reminds me so much of Elvis Presley.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Concert Stars

UK country fans ‘blown away’ by Carrie Underwood’s UK debut – 21/06/2012

by Sukie | Posted on June 22, 2012

Seven years after winning the 4th season of American Idol, five Grammies, 14 number 1s and selling over 14 million albums later, the UK Care Bears (as her fan base is affectionately known by) finally got to see their idol as Carrie Underwood took to the stage at London’s Royal Albert Hall last night to make her UK debut.

Many fans were left disappointed when initial ticket releases were sold out within 90 minutes of going on sale, but ‘a limited number of tickets’ were subsequently released over a period of time and although, no doubt many fans were still left disappointed, those who were lucky enough to see Carrie’s only UK performance will tell you now that it was an absolutely mind-blowing awesome show.

No doubt used to selling out and performing to large arena audiences in the US, I’m glad that for her first performance here, Carrie Underwood chose the Royal Albert Hall. This 5,000 capacity venue is not small by any means, but there is an intimate feel about this historical venue, in addition to the fantastic acoustics in the Hall, something that a more modern venue, such as the O2 or Wembley Arena, seems to lack.

With no support act, Carrie came on stage to a rapturous welcome from an audience of both young and old. No doubt many of the older members in the audience, were probably die hard traditional country music fans and were there because they were glad to have the opportunity to see a major country artist, willing to come across the pond to perform to their loyal fans. The younger members were there, perhaps in their quest to find something more meaningful than the average manufactured, here today, gone tomorrow acts who seem to dominate the UK airwaves, have finally caught on to the fact that modern country music, or country pop/rock – call it what you will, is no longer all Yee-haw! and something to be sneered at, but can be cool. Certainly there were several moments throughout the evening when it was hard to tell whether we were at a pop/rock gig or a country one.

Carrie got the show under way with Good Girl, her recent US Country Billboard No.1 off her official debut UK album Blown Away.
    She sang her way through Flat on the Floor, Wasted and Two Black Cadillac, before greeting the audience, but that didn’t matter because they were already enthralled by her amazing voice, which captivated them further when she sang So Small and Temporary Home.

As she launched into Last Name, the place erupted. If anybody, who’d never heard of Carrie Underwood before had just walked at that moment, they would have been hard pushed to believe that she was a country artist and not some cool rock chick.

She aptly demonstrated how she was capable of going from ballads, to rock to country when she continued her set with Just A Dream, I Told You So, Leave Love Alone and Cowboy Casanova. However it was when she started her acoustic set with Nobody Ever Told You, that finally proved without a shadow of doubt just how talented this lady really is, something us country fans have known for a long time. As she continued with Quitter and Do You Think About Me, her voice rang loud and clear in its purest form, simply spellbinding her audience further.
    The reggae-infused One Way Ticket segued the acoustic set back to familiar ground, and had the crowd back on their feet rocking and singing along to Undo It. Like many country artists, Carrie didn’t shy away from covering a song from another genre and gave a goose-bump rendition of Coldplay’s Fix You.

The multi-award winning, Jesus Take The Wheel, her first single post American Idol, took her back to her country-Christian roots, which no doubt pleased the more traditional perhaps slightly older die-hard country fans in the audience as she linked it up with How Great Thou Art and followed it with Cupid’s Got A Shotgun.

“Sing along if you know the words” Carrie told the audience as the band began playing the intro to Before He Cheats which took us back to country rock. Did we know the words? Oh yeah we knew the words and sang it right back at her,right on cue. As the song ended to cheers, the stage lights dimmed, and the auditorium lights lit up, Carrie had disappeared from the stage, where had the last hour and half gone?

The crowd stamped their feet and clapped for more and she didn’t disappoint as smoke rose from the stage, Carrie returned to sing her encore set I Know You Won’t from her Carnival Ride album and aptly finished with Blown Away.

Because that was quite simply what she’d done to us with her amazing talent at her UK debut performance. Lets hope she comes back soon, bringing some of her country friends with her.

ukCOUNTRYmusic.NET - UK country fans

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Now THAT review I loved!
    pklongbeach likes this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    This is why Carrie Underwood is one of the BEST singer / vocalist ever, in my opinion -- she reminds me so much of Elvis Presley.

She's always reminded me of Elvis even when she was on AI. When my friend saw her on Idol she said, "She could be a Presley." She reminds me of him in so many ways. Thought I was the only one who thought so.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    Boy the UK critics actually listen to the show and give honest reviews of what they just heard.... American and Canadian critics could learn something from them that's for damn sure...GREAT REVEIW(!)
    They recognize and appreciate her amazing talents. She is truly a great ambassador of country music. She does it with humility, grace and elegance. So happy for her.
    Gator and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    As I sit puzzled by an Elvis comparison. I am thrilled to think it.
    Mirasa45A and robinannhunt like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    She's always reminded me of Elvis even when she was on AI. When my friend saw her on Idol she said, "She could be a Presley." She reminds me of him in so many ways. Thought I was the only one who thought so.
    She sang the BEST Elvis' song on American Idol (aah, I do not remember the title of the song )

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    She sang the BEST Elvis' song on American Idol (aah, I do not remember the title of the song )
    I think it was Trouble.
    Mirasa45A likes this.

Carrie Guru
    To all British Carrie fans, I am sorry for loosing (your football team) to Italy --it's a heartbreaking lost .

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    Glad to see the country music UK got on board with Carrie!!

I am EXTREMELY HAPPY!!! ANOTHER great review!!! I am MOST PROUD that Carrie was ADMIRED most especially by the "UK press" and of course, "UK CARE BEARS". Carrie "MUST" go back to United Kingdom.

Carrie is a PREMIER COUNTRY ARTIST and "ONE" of the "CROWN JEWELS" - in United States Music Industry. She already made an INDELIBLE IMPRINT in United States Music Industry and widely admired by LEGENDS and ICONS and PREMIER artists ALIKE.

Carrie aspires to create SOMETHING BIGGER and MORE LASTING than herself - an ongoing artist with "BRANCHING and PRUNING". If you add enough branches to a tree (VARIATION) and INTELLIGENTLY PRUNE the deadwood (SELECTION), then Carrie will evolve into a COLLECTION OF HEALTHY BRANCHES - "well positioned" - TO PROSPER IN AN "EVER-CHANGING MUSIC MARKET ENVIRONMENT". MULTIPLY, VARY, let the strongest WIN and the weakest DIE ...... and Carrie, NOW, EVOLVED into a *COLLECTION OF HEALTHY BRANCHES" as an ONGOING EXTRAORDINARY ARTIST!!! KUDOS to Carrie in her rendition of Coldplay's "Fix You" - SUPERB performance.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I love all the positive feedback Carrie has received following her first-ever concert in the UK. I felt privileged to be there and experience Carrie live for the first time. It was an amazing night. She delivered a flawless performance throughout. Her vocals were impeccable! There was a lot of love in the room, the crowd loved her. It was a great atmosphere. I hope she returns soon. We ♥ you, Carrie! Thank you for posting, NEILHUNK.

•