• 1 Post By Ace
  • 5 Post By Farawayhills
  • 4 Post By DaisyTweets
  • 1 Post By opry051008
  • 1 Post By LouisaJessie

Thread: Gig Review: Carrie Underwood at the Royal Albert Hall

Huge Carrie Follower

Gig Review: Carrie Underwood at the Royal Albert Hall

Gig Review: Carrie Underwood - Royal Albert Hall, London ✭✭✭✭ ~ Backstage Pass

A beautiful woman with a beautiful voice, amazing live; she brings something different to country, it has added elements of pop and rock, very entertaining. Iím glad I got to see her live.

4 out of 5 stars ✭✭✭✭

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I wonder if anyone who was there can confirm what Carrie actually said about "Temporary Home". (It certainly wasn't the first song she had a part in writing!)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I wonder if anyone who was there can confirm what Carrie actually said about "Temporary Home". (It certainly wasn't the first song she had a part in writing!)

It's on the Temporary Home video - she said " this was the most personal song she ever had a hand in writing"
    Farawayhills likes this.

Ace
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILHUNK View Post
    Gig Review: Carrie Underwood - Royal Albert Hall, London ✭✭✭✭ ~ Backstage Pass

A beautiful woman with a beautiful voice, amazing live; she brings something different to country, it has added elements of pop and rock, very entertaining. Iím glad I got to see her live.

4 out of 5 stars ✭✭✭✭
    thanks NEILHUNK for posting this. This is an awesome review. So happy for Carrie and her band. Now UK know who truly Carrie is. Perform in place like RAH is so different than outdoor concerts or big stadiums. ....because you can really hear the singer's vocal in concert halls.
    NEILHUNK likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Oh thanks - I think the structure of Temporary Home says a lot about Carrie's philosophy, in that it has two stanzas relating to social problems and a religious climax. Writing it, I felt, gives her a personal link with other songs she's admired (such as Praying For Time and I'll Stand By You).

In other ways, though, I think some of her own earlier co-writes have been pretty personal - notably IAICA and CD, and partially AAG. Carrie's writing generally hasn't always received the notice it deserves.

Great review - thanks for posting.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Oh thanks - I think the structure of Temporary Home says a lot about Carrie's philosophy, in that it has two stanzas relating to social problems and a religious climax. Writing it, I felt, gives her a personal link with other songs she's admired (such as Praying For Time and I'll Stand By You).

In other ways, though, I think some of her own earlier co-writes have been pretty personal - notably IAICA and CD, and partially AAG. Carrie's writing generally hasn't always received the notice it deserves.
    Isn't this the truth! It kinda gets tiring hearing constantly about a certain artist and how great a writer they are but yet the subject matter of most of their songs is based on one theme.

Oh well I'm a firm believer that when Carrie's career is in it twilight years she's going to be seen as a legend of mega proportion. And there will be talk and praise for not only her phenomenal voice but also her song writing and a true all around entertainer.

Pi314CA, Gator, judes and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    awesome review!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    "For the encore we had the beautifully emotional ‘I Know You Won’t’, definitely saw some teary eyes in the room. Finally Carrie and her band finished with the newest single from the album, ‘Blown Away’, a great way to end a great night." another great review...thanks.

Carrie Guru
    Farawayhills likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Great review! Carrie got nothing but love and praise following her first-ever live show in the UK. I'm so happy that I got the opportunity to see Carrie perform live. It was a night I shall never forget. Thank you Carrie for putting on a great show for us, please come back soon!
    Gator likes this.

•