Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: Carrie hates being compared with Taylor Swift

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar

Carrie hates being compared with Taylor Swift

I doubt if this will make a lot of difference to the way some of the celebrity sites, and some music fans see it - but Carrie dislikes the way the two musicians are being constantly compared:
    Carrie Underwood rejects Swift comparisons | Musicrooms.net

I agree - they've always struck me as very different artists, with very different songs and approaches.

(To put it in perspective - the one and only time Taylor worked with Hillary Lindsey, the song, "Fearlesss", still came across as very different from Carrie's work with her. I'm pleased some people relate to both artists, and I agree with Carrie's point that they both reinforce the breadth of Country Music's range and appeal - but I think the differences are far more evident than the similarities)

Concert Stars
    I love them both! Both very unique women, with very unique sounds, both incredibly successful! I wish we could end the fan war.
    Liatush and Carrie&Taylor like this.

Concert Stars
    Love carrie even more now. Lol

Concert Stars
    I agree they are very different!

Well, we can't blame her.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    I don't blame her. LOL. Any Carrie/Taylor comparison is an insult to Carrie's talent.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I agree. They are both country artists and that is where any comparison ends. Not a Taylor fan, but she certainly has brought many young fans to country. There is room in the industry for many different styles of artists within the genre and that can only be good for the county music. I do know without the variety of artists I would have grown bored with country long ago.

Carrie Guru
    This is why I LOVE Carrie Underwood: she can answer and explain a simple question very diplomatically so it will not offend anybody !
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bearball49 View Post
    I agree. They are both country artists and that is where any comparison ends. Not a Taylor fan, but she certainly has brought many young fans to country. There is room in the industry for many different styles of artists within the genre and that can only be good for the county music. I do know without the variety of artists I would have grown bored with country long ago.
    I think the correct statement to make is that she's brought alot of fans to herself BUT I firmly believe that the jury is still out on whether fans of hers are fans of the country music genre or other country music artists.
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    I don't blame her a bit. For one our sweet Carrie can sing on key and her awards are legit. Taylor on the other hand can't carry a tune and buys every award and honor she has!!!!
    teesharky and rosie08 like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Country View Post
    I don't blame her a bit. For one our sweet Carrie can sing on key and her awards are legit. Taylor on the other hand can't carry a tune and buys every award and honor she has!!!!
    Can we please not go there? The fan wars will never stop if this type of thing is constantly posted all over this site. Carrie has never shown anything but respect to her fellow artists. Can we please try to show the same class?

Concert Stars
    Well, without going into a long tirade about "the differences" which are many and should be able to be discussed with out me being called a hater or a "fan war supporter", I completely agree with her final acknowledgement that she doesn't like to be "compared". They are completely different. I am willing to leave it at that.
    I also agree that "comparisons" are actually more of an insult than anything else so there is no pont in "going there".
    I am happy to accept that she doesn't wnat to be compared.
    And since I have never "compared" them, I have no problem continuing to "not compare them".

Huge Carrie Follower
    Love carrie so much!!
    teesharky and rosie08 like this.

Concert Stars
    Completely different artists. One is more Bieber-like in talent, which isn't a bad thing. Carrie is more Carrie-like in talent, which is a whole different thing.
    dream, pklongbeach, gran29 and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Sort of like comparing Secretariat to Francis.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Sort of like comparing Secretariat to Francis.
    Now this is funny!!!! Made me laugh out loud!!!

Carrie Guru
    I hate Carrie being compared to Taylor too.
    rosie08 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The ironic thing is that the comparisons keep coming BECAUSE of the fan bases and every web site in the history of web sites know that certain fans of both fan bases will go flocking like sheep to whatever the site may be once that site compares the two.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    The ironic thing is that the comparisons keep coming BECAUSE of the fan bases and every web site in the history of web sites know that certain fans of both fan bases will go flocking like sheep to whatever the site may be once that site compares the two.
    That's a personal problem I'm working on.... whenever there's a vote for Carrie vs someone else, even though I hate those stupid comparisons or may actually prefer the other person's outfit or recognize to total irrelevance of the poll, I simply cannot help myself and end up giving those websites hits so I can vote for Carrie. lol.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    That's a personal problem I'm working on.... whenever there's a vote for Carrie vs someone else, even though I hate those stupid comparisons or may actually prefer the other person's outfit or recognize to total irrelevance of the poll, I simply cannot help myself and end up giving those websites hits so I can vote for Carrie. lol.
    And you know what Opry, its perfectly alright that you give the site hits and vote for Carrie. Nothing wrong with it at all. It must mean something for Carrie that we all vote in polls for her because she's commented on this in a few recent interviews. Giving the sites hit to vote I feel is different than what Carrie is referring to.

opry051008 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast