Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: Carrie hates being compared with Taylor Swift

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    Except for Jason A and sometimes Keith - they all sing the same type of songs and their songs all run together on the radio. I would love to have someone dare to be different like Carrie is. She doesn\'t follow a formula and her songs sound like a breath of fresh air.So, for the sites to try to compare Brad vs. Blake - I am sorry but I love Brad, but to be honest I don\'t know that they are that much different. Jason is one of the men that is trying to make his own sound. And I saw someone say that because radio won\'t play two women in the top 10 together, there is a huge competition between the women. So, I guess we are going to have to get used to the top 3 women in country being compared. They are all so different but there will be sites that have to compare them. And because they do, there is going to be fan wars. (And some of the men - especially that man on CMT are almost worse than the women)
    IMO the fan wars between the Big 3 female bases are caused by all these media sites because they know that there 3 bases especially the Carrie and Taylor fans will get all in a uproar over the silliest things, to be totally honest if the male fan bases were compared the nonsense that goes on between the Big 3 female bases would not go on between their fan bases.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    I love Carrie\'s honesty. She always answers with class and dignity and never means to offend anyone. I agree with what she said; she and Taylor Swift are two completely different artists. I love them both and wish the fan war would end. I\'m tired of all this Carrie V Taylor nonsense!
    Hell freezing over, pigs flying and the cows coming home will all happen before the end of Carrie fan base vs. Taylor fan base fan war ends.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    Except for Jason A and sometimes Keith - they all sing the same type of songs and their songs all run together on the radio. I would love to have someone dare to be different like Carrie is. She doesn't follow a formula and her songs sound like a breath of fresh air.

So, for the sites to try to compare Brad vs. Blake - I am sorry but I love Brad, but to be honest I don't know that they are that much different. Jason is one of the men that is trying to make his own sound.

And I saw someone say that because radio won't play two women in the top 10 together, there is a huge competition between the women. So, I guess we are going to have to get used to the top 3 women in country being compared. They are all so different but there will be sites that have to compare them. And because they do, there is going to be fan wars. (And some of the men - especially that man on CMT are almost worse than the women)
    I've never found the sound of the longer established male stars styles to be all that similar in the way the new group does. I've never mistaken Brad, Kenny, Tim, Keith, etc. for each other. They are all pretty distinctive in my opinion. Now if you played me a song and blocked the Sirius Display that tells me who it is, I'm not sure I could tell you if it is Kip Moore, Justin Moore, Eric Church, etc.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamz View Post
    I've never found the sound of the longer established male stars styles to be all that similar in the way the new group does. I've never mistaken Brad, Kenny, Tim, Keith, etc. for each other. They are all pretty distinctive in my opinion. Now if you played me a song and blocked the Sirius Display that tells me who it is, I'm not sure I could tell you if it is Kip Moore, Justin Moore, Eric Church, etc.
    I agree. It's not so much the older artists that are the problem, but the new crop. Brad, Kenny, Tim, Keith, Blake and Toby all have a definitive sound. When a song from any of those four men comes on the radio, I instantly know who it is.
    However, the latest crop are doing nothing to separate themselves from each other. I never know which artist I'm listening to when they come on. I think out of the new male artists, Luke and Chris are doing a bit better than the rest. Although, I wouldn't consider Luke's sound a step in the right direction, but that could just be my personal preferences kicking in. Chris is establishing himself with great material like Tomorrow that will help him build on his reputation.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower CountrymusicCarrieIsAmazing's Avatar
    For the people who like multiple genres of music, they like to say that Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift are "great" according to their views
    For the people who belong to country music, it's easy to give the name of who is much much more greater

Concert Stars
    There are simply always going to be comparisons to women. Sorry, those of you who don't like it.
    You are probably going to have to drop out of the human race to avoid it.
    As long as we live on a male dominated planet, there is not much yo are going to be able to do about the fact that for thousands of years men have judged eachother on "ability" and "accomplishment". And women have been judged (even by eachother) by appearances.
    Reason? Males dominate the species and males are predominately "visual creatures". It's in our DNA folks.
    I think one of the interesting ironies is that "women" have evolved to judge eachother quite harshly (as a means of winning the males attentions) where historically they would have "worked together" to create a community. While Men stay fairly docile and don't involve themselves much ecept in making it clear what they like and what they want.
    And since men don't (traditionally) want eachother, they don't judge eachother. But they do judge women "by apprearance".
    So you end up with a current situation where "women are judged" by other women mostly. And men are not judged at all.
    Again, accept for in "ability" or "acheivement".
    judes and Carrieflattsfan like this.

Concert Stars
    ^^ Very insightful PK! I really don't think there is a fan war going on between Carrie and Taylor fans - not of the fan bases anyway - there may be a few over the top fans that are bugged by the other singer and that one lone troll with the multiple usernames and when h'es off CMT for having been banned for the umpteenth time I only see maybe two others that are anti Carrie - I don't see much animosity between fans - as a matter of fact I see mostly fans saying I'm a fan of both don't know what your problem is - as far as fandoms being harsh on another singer I would say Kelly Clarkson fans are the worst when it comes to Carrie - it's an Idol thing I guess - I think they still think Kelly is competing on Idol or something but a few do get rather harsh on Carrie sometimes.

Concert Stars
    Agree. I have never much liked the term "fan wars". It seems to take itself alittle too seriously.
    And in all fairness, I have never considered myself a fan in the first place.
    It took me a long time to accept that title. Cause I think it suggests things that are not entirely true about my attitude towards Carrie.
    But after time passed and the term got used so much to identify us all, I just accepted that I guess I am a fan. For whatelse am I. "Except Someone Who Just Really Likes Carrie Underwood".
    With that said than, the idea that I would be in any way motivated to dislike someone else just because I like Carrie is absurd. There are way too many felmale singers in the industry today that I like and admire enough to be thrilled with their success, and it plays absolutely no part in my appreciation for Carrie.
    BUT, if people are going to insist on bring TS up, and comparing the two, and suggesting that there is only room for one, than of course I am going to share in that discussion. Of course I am going to voice my oppinion, and of course I think Carrie is much much better a singer than Ts.
    That is not fan wars. That is not Hate. That is not obsession over Carrie at the cost of any women that comes along.
    It's my opinion! And it is based on 47 years experience singing, and paying attention to singing.
    People seem to get confused that I am arguing the difference between Blue and Red. And of course there is no point in that discussion. But I see it as arguing Red and bland. And in that, I see lots of room for discussion.
    Sorry, that is just how I see it. And so when the discussions arise (or I even start them myself) I just don't see the harm in it. I really don't.
    I have never wanted ill for TS, nore do I want Carrie to Trump her all the time.
    I just want to be able to have an itelligent discussion about the differenes between them without this silly argument breaking about all the time about Hate / fan wars / Carrie-Obsession
    Thats all.
    Whats funny is I can say how much I respect and applaud Martina/Reba/Neddles/O'Neal and no one seems to hear it.
    But if I say I don't appreciate Miranda/Swift/Simpson/Hough/Pickler suddenly the place comes unglued.
    Who said it was required to Love everyone if we want to be here?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    One thing I've always loved about Carrie as an artist is that she always competes with herself and not others. Even on Idol she always accepted the criticism with a smile. You can't grow the way Carrie has in such a short time without an incredible work ethnic and self- discipline. She has that drive in her to be better and develop as an artist on her terms. It takes a lot of guts, heart and passion to stick to your guns, especially in an age where artists are encouraged (and content) to just be average.

While I respect the work of Taylor, Miranda, Reba, etc. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel like many of them seem as uninspired and vapid as the men they are competing with. Artists can get away with anything once radio makes them a superstar, which is a big part of the problem, in my opinion, if you've been given the freedom, why not use it as a form of true expression rather than peddling backwards?

Frankly, that's one of the things that has bothered me when it comes to haters. Carrie was shy and still developing on Idol, but people still tore her down. She ALWAYS knew who she was and where she came from. Watching her performances now, it's even more evident that she did not (and still doesn't) get enough credit for doing certain things. She grew a backbone, now she's *****y, she dresses like a performer, now she's slutty, etc.
    The crap women go through in this industry is appalling. Of course she's changed she's a grown woman who's now secure in who she is. Frankly, I have no idea how she did it; I salute you, Carrie.

Looking back, I think Carrie had a lot of people fooled. She never let on that she knew so many people underestimated her. She knew people criticized her and diiked her, but she never let on that she was smart enough to use it to her advantage. Even now people still underestimate her and she comes back stronger. Those are the artists people remember; the ones who come back fighting because they don't allow people to define them.

To grow and mature on your terms and DEVELOP instead of regress as a woman in this industry? THAT'S an artist. Carrie continues to prove she is a gem. Someone who doesn't allow herself to comprise or worry what others think of her. She doesn't allow herself to be baited into drama and she only worries about what SHE can control. That's what sets her apart from current females in the industry, IMO. They got to the top, but now there are few factors that set one apart from the other. Carrie worked hard to earn her artistry, and she's fighting like hell to keep it, whereas I feel most artists don't give a damn if you take it. Already made it? Who cares? Carrie does.
    Last edited by Carrieflattsfan; 07-03-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    pklongbeach, liz278, Gator and 5 others like this.

•  
    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456