Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 1 Post By liz278

Thread: Carrie Underwood Elle Canada Cover Story: 'Good Girl' Is Grammatically Correct

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Elle Canada Cover Story: 'Good Girl' Is Grammatically Correct

Carrie Underwood Elle Canada Cover Story: 'Good Girl' Is Grammatically Correct - The Boot

Attachment 28833
    Elle Canada

Before Carrie Underwood became a bona fide music star, she had an entirely different career path planned. The Oklahoma native graduated from college magna cum laude with a degree in mass communications, with an emphasis on journalism, which could explain why one of her biggest pet peeves involves fellow celebs who make spelling or grammatical errors.

"That drives me insane," the 29-year-old admits in an interview with Elle Canada (quote via Celebrity-Gossip.net). "I can't handle it when celebrities can't spell or don't know the most basic grammar. That might be because I'm an English nerd."

While the wife of professional hockey player Mike Fisher may have scored good grades in both high school and college, she also admits she had a wild streak, which was reflected in her choice of music.

"I grew up listening to '80s glam hair metal," the songstress admits to The Boot. "Then, when I got older in the '90s, the whole grunge thing was huge and I was totally into it. I was all about Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana and all of that stuff."

Carrie, who acknowledges her iPod is still filled with a wide variety of artists, will kick off her Blown Away tour in September, with Hunter Hayes serving as her opening act. See their complete list of concert dates here.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    Carrie Underwood Elle Canada Cover Story: 'Good Girl' Is Grammatically Correct - The Boot

Attachment 28833
    Elle Canada

Before Carrie Underwood became a bona fide music star, she had an entirely different career path planned. The Oklahoma native graduated from college magna cum laude with a degree in mass communications, with an emphasis on journalism, which could explain why one of her biggest pet peeves involves fellow celebs who make spelling or grammatical errors.

"That drives me insane," the 29-year-old admits in an interview with Elle Canada (quote via Celebrity-Gossip.net). "I can't handle it when celebrities can't spell or don't know the most basic grammar. That might be because I'm an English nerd."

While the wife of professional hockey player Mike Fisher may have scored good grades in both high school and college, she also admits she had a wild streak, which was reflected in her choice of music.

"I grew up listening to '80s glam hair metal," the songstress admits to The Boot. "Then, when I got older in the '90s, the whole grunge thing was huge and I was totally into it. I was all about Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana and all of that stuff."

Carrie, who acknowledges her iPod is still filled with a wide variety of artists, will kick off her Blown Away tour in September, with Hunter Hayes serving as her opening act. See their complete list of concert dates here.
    That is funny about grammatical errors because I am the same way! I have to go back and correct my spelling errors and have trouble with seeing it around town on signs and such. When someone is selling something and say "strawberries four sail" I cringe!
    teesharky likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    We love our little English nerd <3

Concert Stars
    haha i am so the same way!

Insane Carrie Fan
    no wonder she was so adamantly against making a Twitter account at first lol.

•