Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: GLAAD launches Twitter campaign to support Carrie Underwood

GLAAD launches Twitter campaign to support Carrie Underwood

The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) launched a Twitter campain today (14 June) to show support for country music singer Carrie Underwood who is being attacked by some fans because she recently spoke out in favor of gay marriage.

Although her words have made her a hero to many, others have taken to Twitter to slam Underwood. Here is a sampling:

'I warned @carrieunderwood fans that their idol was going to get backlash for her support of marriage perversion and I was right! #asusual' '@carrieunderwood Is a disgrace. Being vegan and supporting gay marriage doesn't seem very country at all.'

'Another day, and a another "gospel" artist signed to "EMI" comes out supporting gay marriage.@carrieunderwood Unequally signed to the devil'

GLAAD is urging people to combat the negative tweets with tweets of support for Underwood at @carrieunderwood using the hash tag #supportcarrie.

GLAAD launches Twitter campaign to support Carrie Underwood | Gay Star News

HOPE THIS TREND WORLDWIDE IN TWITTER FOR CARRIE!

Love this.

Btw, my new pic in my siggy is the photo GLAAD posted on their Facebook page.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'm glad people are showing their support for Carrie. Thank you for posting, simonplay.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love the support! T4p!
    simonplay likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Love this.

Btw, my new pic in my siggy is the photo GLAAD posted on their Facebook page.
    I love that siggy.
    gaycarebear likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Honestly, I just went on twitter and typed in @carrieunderwood and I saw maybe one negative tweet. and I didn't see the tweet, I saw the positive response someone gave to that person. Carrie will be just fine.
    Becca

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUnderwoodismyHero View Post
    I love the support! T4p!
    The person I actually feel badly for is Mike. He was attacked last year when his agent made what some deemed to be anti gay remarks. Now he is being attacked for Carries pro gay remarks. To my knowledge he has never said anything publicly on the subject himself. He has been more vocal on Christian broadcasts than Carrie so he may take more heat from that front. It obviously wont affect his career and he doesn't typically preach except by example so I think he'll be fine in the end
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    glad for the support!

as much as i love/girl crush CU i just can not do the whole support CU on this issue, i am not going to like those, who are posting offensive things like the crazy lady whose husband past away this year, saying how all CU fans are going to hell, how those who are gay, and what not should just kill him/herself, or how those who turn out to be gay, and how his/her mom should of have an abortion when she was pregnant with him/her.
    Chasing Dreams likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    as much as i love/girl crush CU i just can not do the whole support CU on this issue, i am not going to like those, who are posting offensive things like the crazy lady whose husband past away this year, saying how all CU fans are going to hell, how those who are gay, and what not should just kill him/herself, or how those who turn out to be gay, and how his/her mom should of have an abortion when she was pregnant with him/her.

That's all I ask anyway to those who disagree with Carrie on this one, to not go about it in a scary way lol. If only all of us, and I'm not just referring to here but generally, can discuss in a respectful manner. I admit I forget this too sometimes when I get passionate about things lol. I understand that your opinions are different from hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    Oh, the irony!

Haha, in seriousness, though, that's perfectly all right. You are NOT expected to change your stance on anything simply because Carrie announces her position. If she presents some new info or PoV that you hadn't considered, and that changes your opinion, that's cool. But mindlessly declaring "Carrie Underwood supports gay marriage and so I do too" isn't helpful.

But, yeah, we're still gonna go after people who declare Carrie "Satan's minion". To those people you say "I disagree with Carrie, I DON'T support the right for gays to marry, but you're insane, bro".
    Claire2004 and teesharky like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I'm sure Carrie just wants to get back to singing.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    I'm sure Carrie just wants to get back to singing.
    I don't think she has to get back to it lol. Actually, it seems life has been business as usual for Carrie since the interview was released. It's the fans and the media that have been so focused on the issue. Carrie isn't letting her comments consume her, and the fans and others shouldn't let it consume them either whether supportive of her comments or not.

On-topic for this thread: it's nice to see GLAAD supporting Carrie against the negativity she has been facing from some people.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I don't think she has to get back to it lol. Actually, it seems life has been business as usual for Carrie since the interview was released. It's the fans and the media that have been so focused on the issue. Carrie isn't letting her comments consume her, and the fans and others shouldn't let it consume them either whether supportive of her comments or not.

On-topic for this thread: it's nice to see GLAAD supporting Carrie against the negativity she has been facing from some people.
    We actually don't know what Carrie is feeling, she has never liked being the focus of anything outside of her music. My statement wasn't pro or con gay marriage, it was regarding how Carrie has always liked her privacy. I just believe she would like the focus to be on her music not on her personal beliefs. JMO

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Carrie does need our support from those "Haters", thanks for posting.
    Lstname89 and simonplay like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    We have always had Carrie's back when it's needed.

This is insane!! everyone has a right to feel the way they feel. I really don't care what everyone says Carrie is my idol and she can say what she wants it is called freedom of speech!! LOVE YA CARRIE!!!!!
    underwoodfanfrance likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Here's my first post on this since seeing all the (closed) threads on here about this -

I applaud Carrie on what she said regarding gay marriage and I support her, along with many others, as good true Christains (namely non-denominations) and non-Christians should - Jesus loves everyone! It's not up to us to judge, it's up to God!

Anyway, where abouts is this interview and why did Carrie come out and say this for (was she asked?) - just wondering!

Good on you Carrie, you are a true 'Good Girl' & those like you who agree the same on this issue or with you, this does not make them right or wrong or bad or gay- everyone has an opinion BUT it's not up to anyone to judge nor would you like to be in the position of being told you can't marry someone! I think most anti-gay ppl should get past the fact of 2 people of the same sex having sex or being physically together - when most of the time it comes down to 2 people loving each other for the person inside, irrespective of the gender.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    We actually don't know what Carrie is feeling, she has never liked being the focus of anything outside of her music. My statement wasn't pro or con gay marriage, it was regarding how Carrie has always liked her privacy. I just believe she would like the focus to be on her music not on her personal beliefs. JMO
    My comment wasn't suggesting we know how Carrie is feeling, but rather stating that Carrie seems to be going about her business as she usually would. She isn't focusing on her comments...she made them, and has moved onto focusing on other things. Perhaps she has been spending time thinking about her comments and the aftermath in private, but she doesn't seem to letting it get in the way of her job.
    Carrie chose to share her personal beliefs on this particular topic, so I don't see the problem. She seems to be much more open in general this era. I like that she is finally comfortable enough to let people know her opinion on certain things. If Carrie is fine opening up more, then so be it. We as fans don't need to protect her from her own opinions or words. It's not like someone who knows her shared her views without her permission...she shared them of her own freewill. I personally like that Carrie is sharing more of herself with us because I think it makes her seem more human.

Again, it is the fans that are focusing on Carrie's beliefs right now, not Carrie herself. Since the interview came out, Carrie has given other interviews, performed her music, and generally carried on with her music career.

Concert Stars
    What if Carrie didn't support marriage equality?

The backlash would've been worst in my opinion...
    gaycarebear likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast