Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Arista Nashville Offers Country Radio Chance to Host Carrie Underwood World Premiere

"“Blown Away” Chosen As Carrie Underwood’s Next Single Due To Popular Demand"

Oh, please, everybody saw that coming The video was shot years ago lol

Concert Stars
    Another HUGE announcement involving the 12th of the month! Coincidence?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars

B/A song

Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    The adds date on radio is July 9. But the song will go to radio well before that. In fact, since there has been an official press release saying it is the next single, I expect many stations to start playing it in the very near future. For Carrie, adds dates generally don't mean anything as her songs are generally in the top 20 by the time we reach the adds date.
    Awesome!! Hoping its a lot sooner than 7/9!! From B/A video clip the video needs a red Carpet Debute indeed!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    “Blown Away” has already amassed nearly 200,000 downloads prior to its official shipment as an airplay single

Omg! SERIOUSLY? :O WOW!
    That's very impressive, a few of Carrie's singles haven't even gone Gold and BA is already almost halfway there. I wonder how much songs like BHC and JAD had sold up to the time of being released as a single, for comparison, because I remember there was quite a bit of hype leading up to JAD's release too. That must also mean that Good In Goodbye has sold a decent amount too because this whole time it's been the most popular song off of BA behind GG and BA.

Letting people from radio see the video first means that, afterwards, country radio DJs will be talking about and hyping the music video to their listeners which is just more free press for Arista.
    Ann055 and rainbow1 like this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I thought the only songs that have not gone gold was DFTRM and MS?

Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    I thought the only songs that have not gone gold was DFTRM and MS?
    They are talking about how much some singles sold before they were officially released as singles.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    "“Blown Away” Chosen As Carrie Underwood’s Next Single Due To Popular Demand"

Oh, please, everybody saw that coming The video was shot years ago lol
    Carrie and the label already knew Blown Away would be a single at one point, but I don't think it was completely set-in-stone to be the second single. But there was just too much hype for BA to hold it off any longer, especially since Carrie sang it on a major show twice already. Even those performances, I think, were spur of the moment decisions, because even before her AI performance Carrie said she was going to sing a different song at the BMAs than on Idol but she ended up singing BA on both. Plus Carrie said she sang Blown Away just as a special thing for Idol which makes me think she sang it there during the album release week because fans wouldn't be hearing it live for a while. This shows that their decision to release BA sooner than anticipated was possibly made sometime between those two performances. I think they learned from Play On and are taking fans' interest, digital sales, buzz, etc. in and choosing the singles as they go this time. For example, I don't think they expected Good In Goodbye to be the third most popular song on iTunes and I doubt it's a song they thought about filming a video for in advance. But yeah, now it's a given that BA would be the next single after all this buzz; this article was probably just titled this way to capitalize on BA's hype. But the way it's worded also brings up the possibility, even if it's a small one, that the labelled planned on releasing something else as the second single and saving BA for later.

Concert Stars
    Thanks Ann, really looking forward to seeing the video.
    Ann055 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower huggablebri's Avatar
    nice to finally have Carrie videos not coming out like 2 months after the song has already been out. Does anyone know how long the video is gonna be in minutes? By the preview it will probably be quite a bit longer than the song is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    ‘Blown Away’ Chosen as Carrie Underwood

The music video of “Blown Away” was directed by Randee St. Nicholas and produced by Brandon Bonfiglio for Randee St. Nicholas Photography.
    I think Randee is the one who did the album photoshoot right?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by huggablebri View Post
    nice to finally have Carrie videos not coming out like 2 months after the song has already been out. Does anyone know how long the video is gonna be in minutes? By the preview it will probably be quite a bit longer than the song is.
    I'm hoping BA the music video is a long-form MV/mini-movie since BA and I think it will be, but I don't think it's possible to deduce from the trailer. Someone who saw it at the fanclub said the song hadn't started by the end of the clip, which made it seem like the MV had a long intro. But having seen it, this is trailer is just clips of scenes throughout the MV and definitely not a long scene that would go in front of the video. Like how they did the GG teaser, those were just "best of" clips that are scattered throughout the actual video.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    I think Randee is the one who did the album photoshoot right?
    Yep! The photoshoot is by Randee as well! Randee has a great eye, so I'm sure the video will be amazing.

Randee has directed numerous music videos, starting back in the 90s, including videos for Alan Jackson, Trisha Yearwood, Tim McGraw, Wynonna, Melissa Etheridge, and Celine Dion.

I find it so funny how Carrie's team is acting like they chose BA as the second single due to popular demand lol. The video was shot before the album even came out. They wouldn't shoot a video that far in advance if they didn't plan to release BA as the second single. Although, by saying it is by popular demand, they will peak people's interest, so it's a great idea. I think BA was planned as the second single all along because it is pretty much guaranteed to keep album sales going. It wouldn't have had as much effect if it were released as the third or fourth single. Second single is the perfect position for BA to maximize it's impact in terms of both sales and awards.
    I love the screening idea for the video involving the radio stations. It's a wonderful way to get radio stations interested in playing the song.

Carrie's team is doing a fabulous job with promo this era!
    12russ79, Ann055, HuiZ and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    Carrie and the label already knew Blown Away would be a single at one point, but I don't think it was completely set-in-stone to be the second single. But there was just too much hype for BA to hold it off any longer, especially since Carrie sang it on a major show twice already. Even those performances, I think, were spur of the moment decisions, because even before her AI performance Carrie said she was going to sing a different song at the BMAs than on Idol but she ended up singing BA on both. Plus Carrie said she sang Blown Away just as a special thing for Idol which makes me think she sang it there during the album release week because fans wouldn't be hearing it live for a while. This shows that their decision to release BA sooner than anticipated was possibly made sometime between those two performances. I think they learned from Play On and are taking fans' interest, digital sales, buzz, etc. in and choosing the singles as they go this time. For example, I don't think they expected Good In Goodbye to be the third most popular song on iTunes and I doubt it's a song they thought about filming a video for in advance. But yeah, now it's a given that BA would be the next single after all this buzz; this article was probably just titled this way to capitalize on BA's hype. But the way it's worded also brings up the possibility, even if it's a small one, that the labelled planned on releasing something else as the second single and saving BA for later.
    I think this time the order of single released will be the same as the order of the song in the album --1,2,3.

I think this is also the first time we get the title track as a single, isn't it? (I don't count Some Hearts since it wasn't a country single )

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    I think this is also the first time we get the title track as a single, isn't it? (I don't count Some Hearts since it wasn't a country single )
    yup! and Im interested to see if that will help album sales even more! the album title is gonna be thrown in peoples faces constantly.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    You got to love Arista and the rest of Carrie's team for the overall focus, creativity, and effort that they are putting into Carrie and BA. This promo step is so on top of the game. It's just another promo gem in a string of gems. Anybody who thinks Miranda, or anybody else, is a bigger priority is blind. Go team Carrie!
    Last edited by cyberzoney; 06-13-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    This is great news, i can't not wait to see the whole thing (the video).

For those that might not have seen this pictures from CMA Fest - Carrie was all over the streets too:

Shelby Pedestrian Bridge

Jess tweeted this one. French's over by Riverfront Stage
    countryfan2006 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Its like everything is lining up in the universe for carrie career wise, I mean she had an amazing first month with BA(album) and closed it off with it beeing #1 EVERYTHING and GG #1 on the country charts, hitting platinum and honoring that moment during the CMT awards, now in chapter two with BA(song)a bunch is gonna go on, and carrie now has this little GAY OPINION situation, cause its sad that she lost a few ans but got new ones; shes going to UK and australia and getting al the hype!! I dont wanna jinx this guys but I REALLY want this to be Carries year, not adele, not TS, not JB, not Katy Perry or lady gaga, CARRIE'S who I dont mean it cause im a care bear till the end but because I seriously think this, but she is the most talented and deserving of all of this
    liz278 and oldyfan like this.

Junior Carrie Follower abdulmajeed's Avatar
    After I saw the preview of the music video: I don't know if I am going to cry or jump up in excitement. LOL..

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast