Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2967Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood: US country queen speaks out for gay marriage

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar

Carrie Underwood: US country queen speaks out for gay marriage

I found this article and I'm going to be a fan of hers no matter what because she is allow to voice her opinion about it.

Carrie Underwood: US country queen speaks out for gay marriage

Oh, well, here we go. I was really wishing Carrie would not spoke up about this... It's so controversial. I must say I'm a little surprised and a little... disappointed. Just can't help it, sorry. Either way, I'm going to love her no matter what.

Junior Carrie Follower Caitlin2010's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Good for her for speaking her opinion. I agree with what she said wholeheartedly and this just makes me love her even more.

Gosh I lover her. IA with everything she said!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    good for her. love her even more.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    Oh, well, here we go. I was really wishing Carrie would not spoke up about this... It's so controversial. I must say I'm a little surprised and a little... disappointed. Just can't help it, sorry. Either way, I'm going to love her no matter what.
    gasp I know. love is just so damn controversial...
    Becca

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Obviously everyone has different opinions on this topic and not everyone is going to agree with Carrie. With that being said, I hope here those of you that disagree are mature enough to respect her decision and freedom to speak her mind. Personally, this standpoint makes me very happy. I agree with Carrie. Opinions make the world go round!

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    I just want to remind you guys that please keep this thread a nice & simple thread..

Concert Stars
    I <3 what she says! I agree Carrie!!

I'm kinda shocked that she decided to speak out about this but I'm so happy she did. I do expect this to become a huge story.

She's just perfection sigh

Concert Stars
    I freaking love Carrie Underwood. She made me so happy today! My life has changed! She is one of my inspirations. For her to step out + speak for it means the world to me. I agree with everything she said in this article! Carrie is truly heaven sent!

Concert Stars
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie, I love you!!! I always had a feeling she supported it, but I never thought she would openly say it! Oh my gosh this is amazing!!!

"Above all, God wanted us to love others. It's not about setting rules, or [saying] 'everyone has to be like me'. No. We're all different. That's what makes us special. We have to love each other and get on with each other. It's not up to me to judge anybody."

THANK YOU!!!! I love this chick like, one hundred millions times more!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I'm disappointed at her stance. It tells me that she does not know the God of the Bible very well in this specific area. Oh well, I'll still be a fan of hers.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cole View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie, I love you!!! I always had a feeling she supported it, but I never thought she would openly say it! Oh my gosh this is amazing!!!

"Above all, God wanted us to love others. It's not about setting rules, or [saying] 'everyone has to be like me'. No. We're all different. That's what makes us special. We have to love each other and get on with each other. It's not up to me to judge anybody."

THANK YOU!!!! I love this chick like, one hundred millions times more!
    I honestly didn't expect it to have this affect on me, but she is such a role model to me that her stating this means everything.
    Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    I'm disappointed at her stance. It tells me that she does not know the God of the Bible very well in this specific area. Oh well, I'll still be a fan of hers.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Imma need a couple days to recover. lol

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It's ok to disagree guys! We still love you!
    countryfan2006 and PDBowden like this.

Concert Stars
    All she basically said is that she believes gods will is for people to love eachother.
    I don't see how you can possibly take that wrong.
    I agree that it is controversial but you know, the truth will set you free.
    She did not lie. so what she did was right.
    there is just no two ways about it.
    In England there is not the bias that exists here. So it was an inevitable questions.
    Especially if you consider that if she hits big there it will be with alot of Gays there also.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Imma need a couple days to recover. lol
    I'm gonna need more than a few days to recover. I need to bite-my-lip (or tie my hands) from commenting any more. This actually makes me sick... (not at Carrie as much as ________).

Concert Stars
    I'll admit I'm surprised Carrie holds this opinion because she is a devout Christian, as mentioned in the article "her liberal attitude towards same-sex marriage comes because of her Christian values, rather than in spite of them," but I'm also personally happy to know this is the stance she holds on the matter. I also wonder if her opinion on same sex marriage hints at her political beliefs - which, although she's sung for the Bush family and I think was offered to sing for another Republican event a while ago, I don't think has ever been revealed (though I will say that whatever her religious, political, etc. beliefs are, they affect my opinions of her very little). But we're already on a very touchy subject so it's probably best not to go further.
    countryfan2006 and clh_hilary like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Seriously? thats very sad for you that you actually think you get to tell people that they don't believe the right way. Carrie understands religion prob way better than you do.
    Becca

•  
    Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast