Like Tree16Likes
  • 5 Post By Ann055
  • 2 Post By countryfan2006
  • 1 Post By Daraebe
  • 2 Post By bigbluegrl23
  • 3 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By bigbluegrl23
  • 2 Post By Ann055

Thread: Welcome to my Country: Can America's Sweetheart Carrie Underwood win over the UK?

Welcome to my Country: Can America's Sweetheart Carrie Underwood win over the UK?

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Thanks Ann for posting..
    Countryfan2448 and Ann055 like this.

Thanks Ann. It is wonderful to watch how much she has grown into herself and expressing herself eloquently on issues.
    Ann055 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Ok, this was the best article i have EVER read from her. and you know, I always assumed she wasn't against gay people just because of her love for humanity so I'm so pleased to see her publicly state that. She is what religion should be about. Love and helping others. OMG and she endorsed gay marriage. and I thought I couldnt love her more.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    Wow, I literally teared up.
    I have always loved and supported Carrie.
    But I have always known as a Gay man, that it is very possible that she would not accpet me or my love or support. I understand how it can be that someone who is lovely and caring can also be "taught" to be "against" something or someone because they think god is in heaven telling them to.
    But to hear her speak openly and candidly about her feelings on the subject just lift my heart, mind and soul.
    I love her more now than ever.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Wow, I literally teared up.
    I have always loved and supported Carrie.
    But I have always known as a Gay man, that it is very possible that she would not accpet me or my love or support. I understand how it can be that someone who is lovely and caring can also be "taught" to be "against" something or someone because they think god is in heaven telling them to.
    But to hear her speak openly and candidly about her feelings on the subject just lift my heart, mind and soul.
    I love her more now than ever.
    as a country artist, this was VERY brave of her, she could have kept quiet to ensure she lost no fans but she didnt and i respect her so much for it. another thing that will make her a living legend in her genre imo. she's not afraid of speaking her mind.
    Becca
    Ann055 likes this.

And, just so you guys know, I'm from Oklahoma -- born & raised -- and while this is a very conservative State, I don't believe people in Oklahoma are all of a sudden not going to like Carrie because of her stance on gay marriage. I'm conservative, but I believe in gay marriage and gay rights. My parents are also born & raised in Oklahoma and are very liberal and they also believe in gay marriage. I'm extremely proud of Carrie for stating her views and I love her even more for it!!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    "Pepper" hahhaha
    The Fisher household contains two lapdogs, Ace and Pepper
    Great article though lol

Concert Stars
    wow great article!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Its a great article. Its rather a long read but worth it. Carrie came across an intelligent young woman who isn't afraid to speak her mind. She has grown in confidence over the years and now speaks more openly about things. It was brave of her to express her views on gay marriage. I'm proud of Carrie. I don't know why some people are making such a big deal about of it.

Thank you for posting, Ann055.

•