• 14 Post By Ann055
  • 1 Post By CarrieUnderwoodismyHero
  • 1 Post By CarrieUnderwoodismyHero
  • 1 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 2 Post By boilermaker

Thread: Hunter Hayes: Carrie Underwood Tour is a 'Total Dream'

Hunter Hayes: Carrie Underwood Tour is a 'Total Dream'

Hunter Hayes: Carrie Underwood Tour Is a 'Total Dream' - The Boot

Hunter Hayes burst onto the country music scene last year with his Top 20 hit, "Storm Warning," from his self-titled debut CD, as well as a song in the film "Footloose." It was a great start for a 20-year-old musician who has been performing nearly his entire life. But even with such early success, Hunter believes his hardest work is still ahead of him.

"My biggest fear last year when we started was, 'OK, so let's hope they like me singing," Hunter tells The Boot. "Let's hope everybody likes 'Storm Warning.' Let's hope everybody likes the video. I was worried because I wanted to be on the road. I wanted to make music. This is what I wanted to do. Now I get to do this. I get to hop on the bus after this and we'll be on the road again. We'll be on the road all summer. We're doing our Most Wanted tour at a bunch of fairs and festivals, all over the world. Places we've never been to before. And then we're going out on the road with Carrie [Underwood] for her [Blown Away] tour."

The Louisiana native nabbed a spot on one of the most-anticipated tours of 2012, and is still soaking in his good fortune. "My management told me. They broke the news to me first, which is a good thing, because they signed a confidentiality agreement so they can't discuss how much I freaked out over the phone," the singer-songwriter jokes of the moment he received the invitation. "But it's so cool, because not only do we get to tour and do a couple dates, we get to do 55 dates with her and we have the direct support spot. I get to play right before she does. I get to play a long set and I have a full band in all the arenas. It's a dream. It's a total dream."

Carrie may be one of the biggest acts in music, but to Hunter she's already become someone much more personal. "She's one of the coolest people I've ever met," notes the young star. "I feel like she's kind of a big sister in the industry. You've got to love that about country music."

The multi-instrumentalist, who also scored a song on the soundtrack for the blockbuster film, "Act of Valor," played every instrument for his debut CD. While that may be almost unheard of in an industry filled with talented musicians, Hunter says for him, it was a logical decision.

"When I was young, I was apparently really dorky. I really just loved making music," he explains. "When I found songwriting, it was sort of the only way my mind figured out how to work. I had my own little recording studio at home, which I built it because I was a total tech geek ... I had to make the music by myself or it would never get made; which is why we made the record that way, because that's just the way I've always worked and it made me more comfortable. I'm a very shy guy musically, so to be in the room with someone like [producer-guitarist] Dann Huff is intimidating enough. To make the record by myself allowed me to get a little more personal with it."

See a complete list of Hunter's tour dates here.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Aw!
    "She's one of the coolest people I've ever met," notes the young star. "I feel like she's kind of a big sister in the industry. You've got to love that about country music."
    The big sister comment is true- Carrie loves taking younger up and coming artists under her wing (like Lauren Alaina) and being friendly with them.
    Ann055 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    the difference of age its only 9 years

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    the difference of age its only 9 years
    It's easy to forget because he looks younger, lol
    Ann055 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Hunter Hayes: Carrie Underwood Tour Is a 'Total Dream' - The Boot

Hunter Hayes burst onto the country music scene last year with his Top 20 hit, "Storm Warning," from his self-titled debut CD, as well as a song in the film "Footloose." It was a great start for a 20-year-old musician who has been performing nearly his entire life. But even with such early success, Hunter believes his hardest work is still ahead of him.

"My biggest fear last year when we started was, 'OK, so let's hope they like me singing," Hunter tells The Boot. "Let's hope everybody likes 'Storm Warning.' Let's hope everybody likes the video. I was worried because I wanted to be on the road. I wanted to make music. This is what I wanted to do. Now I get to do this. I get to hop on the bus after this and we'll be on the road again. We'll be on the road all summer. We're doing our Most Wanted tour at a bunch of fairs and festivals, all over the world. Places we've never been to before. And then we're going out on the road with Carrie [Underwood] for her [Blown Away] tour."

The Louisiana native nabbed a spot on one of the most-anticipated tours of 2012, and is still soaking in his good fortune. "My management told me. They broke the news to me first, which is a good thing, because they signed a confidentiality agreement so they can't discuss how much I freaked out over the phone," the singer-songwriter jokes of the moment he received the invitation. "But it's so cool, because not only do we get to tour and do a couple dates, we get to do 55 dates with her and we have the direct support spot. I get to play right before she does. I get to play a long set and I have a full band in all the arenas. It's a dream. It's a total dream."

Carrie may be one of the biggest acts in music, but to Hunter she's already become someone much more personal. "She's one of the coolest people I've ever met," notes the young star. "I feel like she's kind of a big sister in the industry. You've got to love that about country music."

The multi-instrumentalist, who also scored a song on the soundtrack for the blockbuster film, "Act of Valor," played every instrument for his debut CD. While that may be almost unheard of in an industry filled with talented musicians, Hunter says for him, it was a logical decision.

"When I was young, I was apparently really dorky. I really just loved making music," he explains. "When I found songwriting, it was sort of the only way my mind figured out how to work. I had my own little recording studio at home, which I built it because I was a total tech geek ... I had to make the music by myself or it would never get made; which is why we made the record that way, because that's just the way I've always worked and it made me more comfortable. I'm a very shy guy musically, so to be in the room with someone like [producer-guitarist] Dann Huff is intimidating enough. To make the record by myself allowed me to get a little more personal with it."

See a complete list of Hunter's tour dates here.
    That is so cool for him, you can just tell how happy he is to be touring with her. Additionally, the article almost makes it sound like we might be getting another opener like we had during Play On. I looked at my tickets for Sacramento and the concert starts at 7:30. Wouldn't that leave room for another opening act?

Concert Stars
    I'm certainly happy for him. He is very talented and I hope he does well.
    BUT: I have to be honest and say I am not thrilled that he is who will open for Carrie.
    I loved her PO openner (so much I can't even remember his name, wink).
    But I would have hoped for a little more adult openner.
    I'm sure I will like it (if I don't come late!!)

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    he is FINE! haha It's great that Carrie's already become like a 'big sister' to him

Concert Stars
    I know. Don't get mad at me. He seems great honestly.
    But again, I would have loved a bigger name I guess.
    Maybe he will be like that boy band was. And they are still going to have a bigger name.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I'm certainly happy for him. He is very talented and I hope he does well.
    BUT: I have to be honest and say I am not thrilled that he is who will open for Carrie.
    I loved her PO openner (so much I can't even remember his name, wink).
    But I would have hoped for a little more adult openner.
    I'm sure I will like it (if I don't come late!!)
    I think Blake Shelton should be Carrie's opener
    pklongbeach likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I know. Don't get mad at me. He seems great honestly.
    But again, I would have loved a bigger name I guess.
    Maybe he will be like that boy band was. And they are still going to have a bigger name.

Who did you have in mind?
    I'm happy Hunter Hayes is opening for Carrie; he is extremely talented and I can see him becoming huge later on. I would prefer him above artists like Luke Bryan, Owen, and etc. or Lauren/Scotty.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    Who did you have in mind?
    I'm happy Hunter Hayes is opening for Carrie; he is extremely talented and I can see him becoming huge later on. I would prefer him above artists like Luke Bryan, Owen, and etc. or Lauren/Scotty.
    Thats definately true.
    I don't even know. I thought Billy Currington was just so right.
    But those boys were not so good.
    He does seem like a great kid though.
    But what is he going to know about getting ahuge crowd all worked up for the amazing miss Carrie Underwood.
    that was one thing Billy did really well. and respectfully also.
    I don't know, He's a KID!!

Concert Stars
    aww I love him..he's so awesome and sweet!

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thats definately true.
    I don't even know. I thought Billy Currington was just so right.
    But those boys were not so good.
    He does seem like a great kid though.
    But what is he going to know about getting ahuge crowd all worked up for the amazing miss Carrie Underwood.
    that was one thing Billy did really well. and respectfully also.
    I don't know, He's a KID!!
    You should wait until you see him before passing judgement. He has opened for Rascal Flatts and Swift so it isn't his first opening gig in arenas. Carrie is giving him a great opportunity and he totally appreciates it. He is a very respectful kid and very religious which is a good fit on Carrie's tour. Carrie is wanting to help someone the same way Kenny, Brad, and Keith helped her when touring with them. Carrie should be the veteran performer on her own tour showing the the younger ones how it is done. Looking at that picture together I think he actually looks like he could be Carrie's little brother.
    Ann055 and liveasong like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Would 20 years old make him a kid? Im 15 and Im a kid still. Then I'll be forced to work when I turn 16

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Aw! That's awesome! I like Hunter Hayes. He's a nice guy and he's very talented. It's cool that Carrie takes new and coming artists on tour with her. I'm sure they'll have a blast on the road. It's going to be an amazing tour!

Thank you for posting, Ann055.

•