• 3 Post By huggablebri
  • 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By Mirasa45A

Thread: Underwood takes her 3rd video of year win at CMTs

Junior Carrie Follower northtexas's Avatar

Underwood takes her 3rd video of year win at CMTs

By CHRIS TALBOTT
    AP Entertainment Writer
    Posted 9:41am on Wednesday, Jun. 06, 2012NASHVILLE, Tenn. Nashville's Bridgestone Arena is turning into quite a memorable place for Carrie Underwood and her hunky husband, NHL star Mike Fisher.
    Underwood won her third video of the year award at the CMT Music Awards on Wednesday night, carving yet another great memory out for the couple in the home of Fisher's Nashville Predators.
    "I think we live here," Underwood said backstage after winning the night's top honor. "We need to like rent a room here so we can sleep here, too."
    Underwood's two wins - she also won for collaboration of the year for "Remind Me," with Brad Paisley - mean she's now won nine CMT belt buckles since 2006. She matched Taylor Swift's run in the fan-voted video of the year category over the same period.
    The former "American Idol" winner was the night's only multiple winner, and her fans did it for her again.
    "They're the ones in control," Underwood said. "I have a really active fan base. The people who come to my concerts and support me, they really get out and they do stuff. They vote. Any polls or any awards show, anything that they have control of, they're all about it."

Underwood takes her 3rd video of year win at CMTs

Concert Stars
    Yay! So proud of Our Girl! Way to vote, fans!
    oldyfan likes this.

Thanks for posting! This is the AP story and it's been plastered all over the place today!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Yes we are very active! I am so glad we were able to do this for her. I saw on twitter last night someone said that TS has a twitter for getting people to vote, but they came to the party a little late. By then we were all over that vote!!!!

Jason tweeted during the show to go vote for him...I guess it was him -- it didn't say Team JA or Team Jason or whatever.

Concert Stars
    That is what I like about Carrie, she doesn't actively ask people to vote for her. I know I heard her say in a couple of interviews to vote, but she is not one to beg for votes (we do it for her!!! )

Junior Carrie Follower Chasing Dreams's Avatar
    That's awesome! I'm so proud and happy for Carrie!

Concert Stars
    so proud! Thanks for posting!

Concert Stars
    I am so proud to be a Carrie fan. And how funny that she knows us well enough to know.
    And it is true. WE are always attacking whatever poll whereever it is.
    People just know it by now!!
    I say, WE Keep It Up!
    Ann055, DaisyTweets and oldyfan like this.

Junior Carrie Follower abdulmajeed's Avatar
    Excuse me, I couldn't watch Carrie's performance of Good Girl at the 2012 CMT Awards at the CMT website itself. Youtube has been filled with Carrie Underwood spam videos. All--always linking to you-know-who. Can somebody please PM me a link on youtube.com where I can actually watch it and not the usual garbage appearing on my search results on youtube?

Huge Carrie Follower huggablebri's Avatar
    Im waiting for the day when an article WONT start with "former American Idol"... My dream in life..lol
    I dont notice any articles starting out with Miranda Lambert "former Nashville Star" contestant.

Concert Stars
    I'm with you my friend.
    But the truth is, Carrie herself does still make efforts to keep a close relationship with the show. And that has served her very well.
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower CarrieFan928's Avatar
    I'm so glad she won again. Good Girl had such a great video along with Before He Cheats and Cowboy Casanova. Hopefully, she can win again next year with Blown Away

I don't understand why everyone has something against asking for votes. It's normal. The artists want to win and they need their fans. To me, it shows they actually care about the award. In my history class, we learned that back when the country was first created candidates for presidency weren't supposed to say they wanted the position or campaign. Everyone knew they wanted it but the candidates didn't say anything to appear humble. Obviously, it's now accepted but it seems ridiculous now that people shouldn't strive for something they want.

Also, Nashville Star was a bit of a failure. American Idol was (and still is somewhat) one of the biggest shows. It's not meant to humiliate or disrespect her but to show how talented she was/is for winning the show. Plus, it's not like people don't know about her long string of hits.

Carrie Guru
    The former "American Idol" winner was the night's only multiple winner, and her fans did it for her again.
    "They're the ones in control," Underwood said. "I have a really active fan base. The people who come to my concerts and support me, they really get out and they do stuff. They vote. Any polls or any awards show, anything that they have control of, they're all about it."
    This is because not only we like you, Carrie, but we LOVE YOU !
    jptexas likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yay! Congratulations, Carrie! We love you! 'Team Carrie' strikes again. We're a loyal bunch. Carrie knows she can count on her fans. Well done, guys.

•