Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By teesharky

Thread: Extra Tv: Carrie Gives Engagement Advice to Miley Cyrus & Liam :)

Concert Stars

Extra Tv: Carrie Gives Engagement Advice to Miley Cyrus & Liam :)

Extra - News - Carrie Underwood Gives Engagement Advice to Miley and Liam http://www.extratv.com/2012/06/07/carrie-underwood-gives-engagement-advice-to-miley-and-liam/

Carrie Underwood Gives Engagement Advice to Miley and Liam

June 07, 2012Awards Shows
    “Extra” special correspondent Alecia Davis headed to Nashville to talk with the stars at the 2012 CMT Awards, who offered congratulations to newly engaged couple Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth.

Getty Images

The CMT Awards’ big winner was Carrie Underwood, in attendance with her husband of almost two years, Mike Fisher. The songbird gave Miley and Liam some sage advice. “If you can be engaged for a while, plan everything slow and take your first couple of years just to really hang out.”

Denise Richards expressed her congratulations, and said age doesn’t matter when you want to be with someone. “My parents got married at 17 and 21 and stayed married.”

Watch more red carpet action with “American Idol” alums Scotty McCreery and Jordin Sparks, and others!

Huge Carrie Follower carrieforV's Avatar
    good advice,t4p!

Concert Stars
    aww so sweet of her and yes great advice!

Concert Stars
    Wow I didn't even know Miley is getting married. Wikipedia says she's 19.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    Wow I didn't even know Miley is getting married. Wikipedia says she's 19.
    Yep, 19. She is exactly 3 days older than me...

New Carrie Fan
    CARRIE UNDERWOOD has advised MILEY CYRUS to enjoy a long engagement to LIAM HEMSWORTH, because the country star wishes she'd had more time to plan her wedding to MIKE FISHER.

The singer/actress announced on Wednesday (06Jun12) that Hemsworth had asked her to be his wife on 31 May (12) after a three-year romance.

The stars have not yet revealed when they plan on exchanging vows, but Underwood - who married ice hockey star Fisher in July 2010, just six months after he proposed - has advised the happy couple to take their wedding plans slowly.

She tells Extra TV, "For me, planning, I wish we could have been engaged a little bit longer but our schedules were like, 'We can get married this day', so that's what we had.

"(My advice is) just take it easy. If you can be engaged for a while I'm sure that's really nice, plan everything slow and take your first couple of years just to really hang out together and enjoy it."

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Congratulations to Miley Cyrus! Carrie gave her some great advice. She [Carrie] is smart. She has a good outlook on life and seems to make good decisions. I admire Carrie. What a great person she is.

Concert Stars
    I think miley should have a long engagement and wait awhile so they can get to know each other more then eventually say i do.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley View Post
    I think miley should have a long engagement and wait awhile so they can get to know each other more then eventually say i do.
    they have known each other/dated for three years. carrie dated Mike for a year. granted she was 27 or so when she met him.
    Becca

•