Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: CMT News: Carrie Underwood Keeps Next Video a Secret

CMT News: Carrie Underwood Keeps Next Video a Secret

Carrie Underwood Keeps Next Video a Secret
    June 7, 2012; Written by Craig Shelburne

With just a few tweaks, Carrie Underwood turned"Good Girl" great.

Moments after winning the CMT Music Awards' video of the year, she chatted with CMT.com about her reaction to the first draft of the stylish video which features the glamorous country star confidently strutting her stuff.

"The first time you watch a video, that's never the final version! There's so much happening in that video now, but believe it or not, there was even more happening! I was, like, 'My head is spinning after watching this!' So we went back in and changed things around and calmed it down a little bit," she said with a giggle.

As the night's top winner, which was determined by fan voting, "Good Girl" sets the bar high for future projects. Underwood says she already has another video in the works, but she's staying tight-lipped on the details.

"I kind of made a video, sort of, already because I had a little more time upfront this time while I was making the album. So things we knew at some point would be singles, we did that."

Well, any word on the song?

"Noooo," she replied with a grin, "it's super secret right now!"
    CMT : News : Carrie Underwood Keeps Next Video a Secret

It's still a secret? Lol

Thanks for posting!! Carrie is so cute!!

Concert Stars
    Not!
    No secret.
    So excited about the clip on Perezhilton

Concert Stars
    Maybe Blown Away isn't even the second single? Around here at least, it seems like there's a ton of build up to Blown Away's release and music video. What if they release something else as the second single and save Blown Away for the third single like Before He Cheats? Maybe the general audience doesn't know much about Blown Away so holding it for the third single instead of the second won't make it seem like its moment has come and gone. and those who do know about Blown Away might just have more excitement build up until its release. That way people would be even more anxious for BA and it might do even better haha, or maybe not. But she also made it sound like there are multiple songs, not just Blown Away, they knew would be singles at one point from her use of plurality.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    Maybe Blown Away isn't even the second single? Around here at least, it seems like there's a ton of build up to Blown Away's release and music video. What if they release something else as the second single and save Blown Away for the third single like Before He Cheats? Maybe the general audience doesn't know much about Blown Away so holding it for the third single instead of the second won't make it seem like its moment has come and gone. and those who do know about Blown Away might just have more excitement build up until its release. That way people would be even more anxious for BA and it might do even better haha, or maybe not. But she also made it sound like there are multiple songs, not just Blown Away, they knew would be singles at one point from her use of plurality.

As long as NETY is not one of those multiple songs that they had already pegged as singles, I'm good. Lol. And now I'm going to duck and hide in case a NETY fan wants to hit me lol.

Concert Stars
    so can't wait for the video...but maybe we are all wrong and there is another single before BA..who knows!

Concert Stars
    I'm so proud of our Carrie! I wasn't here to see it, but I did hear she won Video of the Year and Collab Video of the Year! Congrats, and thank you guys!!

Ty
    BA is definitely the 2nd single. Carrie confirmed in a blog entry months ago that the second video they shot would be for the 2nd single.
    JB172 and Ann055 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The only songs I would be really bothered to hear as a single are NETY and WAY.

And the Blown Away preview say "Coming Soon" ! why they show a preview if Blown Away its not the next single ??
    JB172 and countryfan2006 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUnderwoodismyHero View Post
    The only songs I would be really bothered to hear as a single are NETY and WAY.
    I am gonna require that you listen to 3 WAY's and one SS after that comment.
    (it's my secret favorite!!)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    Don't even talk that way. I need that Video!!! NOW! that clip of her running toward the house is just awsome. I love american gothic. And it loks totally goth.
    jaks_weyn likes this.

I can't at some people still thinking BA is not the next single. Even Stevie Wonder can see that.
    Ty, abdulmajeed, Lstname89 and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Carrie is a megastar now, so they might have a bigger budget for her video now.
    Ann055 likes this.

Ty
    That and the GG video was probably rather inexpensive to make. They shot it in one day at a warehouse. So I'd guess they had more funding available for this video.
    Ann055 likes this.

Ty
    And Mike's a fan, too:

I asked Mike Fisher, Carrie Underwood's husband, what his favorite video was. He hesitated, like a good husband saying he loved them all, he but ultimately decided on "Temporary Home." "Just because of the meaning it has," he told me. "But the next one's she's got coming is really great, too."

CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Backstage at the CMTs: A Blessed Kind of Chaos

Concert Stars
    According to the article it sounded like they were able to make a couple of videos. Could that be true? She said that she had more time before the tour to do stuff like make videos. So maybe it isn't BA and is TBC! Just saying. . .

Ty
    The couple of videos were GG & BA. They both got shot well in advance before the album had been released.

I wouldn't be surprised if she shoots a video for the 3rd single sometime over the summer, though. Considering her tour's starting up in September.
    Ann055 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Chasing Dreams's Avatar
    I can't wait until the second video comes out! It's going to be amazing!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    And the Blown Away preview say "Coming Soon" ! why they show a preview if Blown Away its not the next single ??
    Because Carrie's definition of "soon" is very skewed haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    I can't at some people still thinking BA is not the next single. Even Stevie Wonder can see that.
    "I can't at"???... I don't think BA isn't the next single, I'm positive it is, I was hypothesizing if it wasn't.
    simonplay likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast