• 4 Post By Ann055
  • 1 Post By CarrieUnderwoodismyHero
  • 6 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 6 Post By pklongbeach
  • 4 Post By bigbluegrl23

Thread: EW - CMT Music Awards: Best and worst of the broadcast

EW - CMT Music Awards: Best and worst of the broadcast

CMT Music Awards: Best and worst of the broadcast

The actual winners were announced last night at the CMT Music Awards. But here are a few more honors from the telecast that you should feel free to weigh in on:
    Windmills from mjsbigblog tweeted about this article. Lots of Carrie in this article, love it lol! Here are the Carrie mentions:

Best Use of Dramatic Silence YES YES YES to the a cappella bridge of Carrie Underwood’s killer single “Good Girl.” The glitzy diva, who took home the night’s biggest prize, killed the growly anthem — last night was certainly the best I’ve ever heard her sing it — but the peak of the performance was when all the music and lights in the house cut out (except for the audience’s twinkling cell-phone screens) and she ripped into the rocker full-force.

Worst Hosts When it comes to country awards hosting hierarchy, the list goes: 1. Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley 2. Blake Shelton and Reba McEntire 3. Whoever hosted that month’s country awards show and 4. Toby Keith and Kristen Bell. Maybe it was their age difference (he’s 50, she’s 31), or the fact that he seemed to have imbibed heavily from that red solo cup, but the pair had virtually no chemistry. Their banter was awkward and often delayed by the raucous crowd’s cheering. (I’ll never understand why televised award show producers think that viewers want to see the room get hyped — we don’t!). It didn’t help that the hosts’opening taped segment, which featured cameos from Bon Jovi, Matthew McConaughey, Barack Obama, and Mitt Romney, felt as lifeless as every skin cell on Mitt’s spray-tanned face.

Best Reaction to Winning an Award Everything about Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood’s response to winning the first award of the night, Collaborative Video of the Year, for their duet “Remind Me” was delightful. Paisley, whose wife couldn’t be at the show, instantly hugged Underwood’s husband, hockey player Mike Fisher, after hearing his name called. Fisher, hilariously, also chose to hug Paisley before his own wife. Still, Underwood did get her embrace, and she left her man holding her sparkly clutch when she took the stage, where she ribbed the two guys about it. ”Did you see my husband hug him first?” she joked. Take note, Toby and Kristen; this is what hosting chemistry looks like.

Best Showing by an American Idol (Other Than Carrie Underwood) Let me list the Idolalums that appeared on stage at last night’s show: Underwood, Lauren Alaina, Casey James, Scotty McCreery, Jordin Sparks, Kellie Pickler, Colton Dixon, Skylar Laine. Yowza!
    CMT Music Awards 2012: Luke Bryan underwear toss and more moments | The Music Mix | EW.com

Thanks for posting!! Best Use of Dramatic Silence -- yes!! Best reaction to winning an award -- yes!! Hosting chemistry is supposed to look like Brad & Carrie -- yes!! I really enjoyed this read!!
    Hil, liz278, DaisyTweets and 1 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great comments! Carrie and Brad are truly the best hosts. Mike and Brad's "bromance"is adorable haha. I hope Brad and his wife will be lifelong friends with Carrie and Mike.
    Ann055 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    In my opinion, Carrie and Brad have good chemistry hosting because:

a) They respect and admire each other
    b) They both are funny ( and both of them have dry sense of humor)
    c) They know who they are and both of them have high self confidence.

Concert Stars
    It's amazing how far we have come with comments about Carrie.
    She has grown in comfort and "swagger" in such a way that she is almost untouchable.
    She is immediately: Beautiful, poised, graceful, humble (while remaining selfconfident: an extremely difficult combo to pull off) and finally, really funny. It's hard to imagine at first but the more you know her the more you get her.
    She is firing on all levels this time around.

Concert Stars
    completely agree with all of them!

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    this was an amazing read! just had to laugh at this part, though. Best Showing by an American Idol (Other Than Carrie Underwood)

Concert Stars
    I love all the LOVE she is getting. I agree with all the above points. Those points were the highlight of the show for me!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    It's amazing how far we have come with comments about Carrie.
    She has grown in comfort and "swagger" in such a way that she is almost untouchable.
    She is immediately: Beautiful, poised, graceful, humble (while remaining selfconfident: an extremely difficult combo to pull off) and finally, really funny. It's hard to imagine at first but the more you know her the more you get her.
    She is firing on all levels this time around.
    I think one of the most special things about her is that she does have a TON of layers, which is very evident in her albums, and the more you peel away those layers as you get to know her, the more you like her. I'm pretty sure all of us, and anyone who decides to become a huge fan will be a fan for life.
    Becca

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Great comments! Its nice to read positive feedback about Carrie. I love Carrie and Brad's chemistry, it's so natural. They're truly great friends. It's nice that Mike has become friends with Brad, too. Congratulations to Carrie & Brad on their win. I'm thrilled that they won.

•