• 1 Post By carebear4eva
  • 2 Post By jaks_weyn
  • 4 Post By sco

Thread: Carrie Underwood Gives "Good Girl" a Twist on CMT Music Awards

Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Gives "Good Girl" a Twist on CMT Music Awards

Carrie Underwood Gives "Good Girl" a Twist on CMT Music Awards

CMT : News : Carrie Underwood Gives "Good Girl" a Twist on CMT Music Awards

Carrie Underwood will show a "Good Girl" like you've never seen when she sings the song live on the CMT Music Awards on Wednesday (June 6) at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

"We always look for ways to make it new, so if you were to go [search for] 'Good Girl,' you can see a whole bunch of different kinds of performances in different ways," she tells CMT.

"We get a little tricky here. There's a lot of lighting stuff. I can't move around a whole lot when I sing it because it takes so much out of me, but we found a way to bypass that and make it look different and make it sound a little bit different and give people something new to enjoy.

"As in all awards show performances, stuff can go wrong. I'm really hoping it doesn't. I could bust my rear up there on the stage! It could happen. There's always that chance -- but there's a little more of a chance probably this time. But you know what? If it happens, you just keep on going!"

Underwood is ready to connect with eager fans at the CMT Music Awards, especially with "Good Girl" currently at No. 1 at country radio.

"The CMT Awards are all about the fans," she says. "It's about the music and the videos and the fans -- and those are basically pretty much the three things that make up country music. It's really fun to have them determine what's going to happen throughout the course of the evening."

Underwood is nominated in the video of the year category for "Good Girl" as well as "Remind Me," her collaboration with Brad Paisley. "Good Girl" also landed in the female video category, followed by "Remind Me" in the collaborative video category. In addition, "Just a Dream/Dream On" is up for CMT Performance of the Year thanks to a dynamic duet from CMT Crossroads: Steven Tyler & Carrie Underwood From the Pepsi Super Bowl Fan Jam.

"It's good to be nominated five times," she says. "I'm pretty shocked and humbled and obviously very excited. I'm just looking forward to celebrating. Just to be able to get up and hopefully thank them [the fans] personally and give a speech. ... It's a fun show, it's a fun night and it's all about the fans."

Concert Stars
    ohh this sounds amazing!! can't wait to see it!

Oh that sounds wicked!

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Can't hardly wait for it.. Just don't get hurt Carrie..

Concert Stars
    hey, at least she admits it take a lot out of her singing GG lol while moving a lot

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    At this point, its not like a screw up can cost her a number one, so go big or go home!!! haha
    Becca
    gocountrymusic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    At this point, its not like a screw up can cost her a number one, so go big or go home!!! haha
    Becca
    Totally gonna stalk her if she's going home

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Totally gonna stalk her if she's going home
    can I tag along with you?
    Becca
    carebear4eva likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan NC State Carrie Fan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Was it just me or did you see nothing with a "twist" lol sometimes she exxaggerates like the ACM performance something was supposed to built and have yet to figure out what that was lol but a million times better than the ACM's...looked hot and sang A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! So proud and video of the year...yeah...anyone say Blown Away CMA's video of the year

Concert Stars
    I think she may have been talking about the moving walkway? Another twist, was the lights going out and Carrie starts singing again a cappella. I thought that was pretty amazing.
    Ann055, jaks_weyn and nccountrygal like this.

She was talking about the little travelator. It hardly seems like anything on television, but to those present, it's huge. They have like 3-4 stages at these shows. Imagine if you were luck enough to be there, but Carrie's performing on a different stage that's miles away. She zoomed from one stage to the other, which is terrific for those fans who would have seen nothing of the performance otherwise.
    gocountrymusic likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan NC State Carrie Fan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    True True...and i do love when she sings accapella like on Undo It

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    the accapella part was MAGNIFICENT!!!
    Gator and Pi314CA like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by NC State Carrie Fan View Post
    Was it just me or did you see nothing with a "twist" lol sometimes she exxaggerates like the ACM performance something was supposed to built and have yet to figure out what that was lol but a million times better than the ACM's...looked hot and sang A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! So proud and video of the year...yeah...anyone say Blown Away CMA's video of the year
    They threw in a few twists like the conveyer belt, the black out during the a capella part and the confetti. I don't think Carrie exaggerated at all when speaking about this performance or the ACM performance. I think fans tend to jump to conclusions and let their imaginations run wild. When she was talking about the ACM performance she said they were having something made. She had the costume and the pink mic stand custom made. It's not her fault people imagined something bigger and more grandiose.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I just saw the highlights of the CMT awards on the news this morning good performance of Carrie at the CMT awards

I'm so glad she changed heels. Those black ones she had on on the red carpet seemed like they were bothering her. Even when she walked up for award w/Brad, she seemed like they were a little hard to walk in. I don't mean anything bad because she can totally rock ANY heels, no matter how high. But when I saw her on that conveyer and the stairs, I was so glad she changed because she seemed to maneuver in them much better & I sure didn't want her to fall!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie's performance of Good Girl was great. She delivered another flawless vocal. I don't think there was anything different about her performance visually but vocally she delivered. Thank you for posting, twaintrain.

•