Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Would you want Carrie to replace JLO?!

Concert Stars

Would you want Carrie to replace JLO?!

Pi314CA likes this.

Concert Stars
    To answer the title, hell no.

I think Carrie would be a good choice, but I think she's too nice to even hurt the contestant's feelings xD =))) lol! so I think that won't end well.

---- I'll go slightly off topic ----

for now, I think it's best to let JLo go... Isn't it quite ironic that the one who's sitting at the judges table of a singing show "can't" sing? I don't hate JLo, infact I like her songs, but she isn't the legit singer (like Carrie or Kelly) she's a dancer-singer. It's like she's only singing 3-4 notes repetitively. The execs should find a legit singer, brilliant musician etc...
    If I'll have my way, I would fire the 3 judges and replace them with the likes of: Jennifer Holliday (yes, when I heard her duet with Jessica, it was priceless! my jaw was on the floor), Robert Plant (he rocks, he has experience and has better judgment than Steven Tyler), and someone from a record label (like Jimmy Iovine)

Concert Stars
    It's sad enough seeing Steven freaking Tyler there. I'd die if Carrie became a judge. Die in, y'know, a bad way. I think AI judges should almost exclusively be washed up yet awesome vocalists, and people like Steven Tyler and Carrie Underwood will never be labeled "washed up."

I'm not hatin' on AI judges (or maybe I am), but I want my favorites to just focus on their own music, which I suppose is hypocritical from a Bruce Dickinson fan, but I dunno. Bruce just likes to busy himself. It's not about mindless self-promotion or anything.

Okay, yeah, I'm knockin' AI judges.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I don't want to see a former Idol sit on the Idol judging panel. I would love to see several of them mentor the new Idols though. I think it would be far too difficult for any of those people that have been through the Idol experience to judge those that are currently going through it.
    The judging panel needs people who can be fair and as objective as possible. I know the judges are going to have favorites...they're human. However, they need to not make a big deal about telling people who their favorites happen to be. They need people who will offer relevant critiques in an appropriate way. They need a female judge that doesn't have to lip-sync to survive her performances (I'm looking at you Paula and JLo). I know we'll never see a panel with all of those things, but a girl can dream, right?
    I still cringe when Randy says pitchy lol...a singer is either on pitch or off pitch, but never "pitchy". Use your musical knowledge and terms, Randy, because I know you have it in you.
    I don't know who specifically should sit on the panel. I kind of like the suggestion above of Jennifer Holliday. She is a wonderful singer, but she isn't a current singer with a big career to worry about. She wouldn't be afraid of ruining her 'brand' by giving honest critiques. I think a music producer would be a good addition to the panel, and would offer a different perspective. I know Randy has done some producing, but I'm thinking of someone a bit more current that has worked with some of today's stars and knows what it takes to make an solid album today. I love the idea of having a musical legend like Steven on the panel, but they need to find the right person that will actually offer critiques. Steven seems too nice to actually critique anyone too harshly (aside from his harsh comments to Heejun after My Life lol).
    It will be interesting to watch the judging situation unfold in the next few months. JLo said last year that she might not come back, and she did. I'll believe she's leaving when an official statement is made. Steven made the comment in his post-finale interviews that if Jennifer left, he would leave. I wonder at this point if they had Randy sign a lifetime contract lol.

Concert Stars
    No because that would mean no music/touring from Carrie because she would be too busy on the show but yes because we would get to see Carrie on tv But ultimately, Carrie isn't the type that would want to be a judge and I'm afraid would be too nice to judge the contestants so I would see her more as wanting to be a mentor than a judge.

Concert Stars
    um no..lol..nuff said!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    To answer the title, hell no.
    If there was a like button still, I would like this - I agree! I don't want Carrie to be a judge on AI.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    I'd say yes! At least Carrie would still have her clothes on and not do any sexual act's on stage when she performs. Plus Carrie "knows" what they go through on Idol.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    There is no way I would be a judge on AI, people b!tch if you give to much praise to someone then they b!tch if you pick on someone, it is a no win situation no matter what they do.

Carrie Guru
    NO, because Carrie is still on demand as megastar

Junior Carrie Follower
    not hell no but..... expletive no

if she was gioing to have her kids maybe then but not in her prime.

Concert Stars
    Carrie's coming on Kimmel again...now!!

Concert Stars
    no No NO!!

I think somewhere down the line, if American Idol remains to be highly popular, she should be a judge, but definitely not now.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    It's sad enough seeing Steven freaking Tyler there. I'd die if Carrie became a judge. Die in, y'know, a bad way. I think AI judges should almost exclusively be washed up yet awesome vocalists, and people like Steven Tyler and Carrie Underwood will never be labeled "washed up."

I'm not hatin' on AI judges (or maybe I am), but I want my favorites to just focus on their own music, which I suppose is hypocritical from a Bruce Dickinson fan, but I dunno. Bruce just likes to busy himself. It's not about mindless self-promotion or anything.

Okay, yeah, I'm knockin' AI judges.

This was basically Eric Church's point. He wasn't attacking the talent show contestants (that was the editorial spin in the second article reporting his comment). The scan of the original article makes it clear that he was specifically attacking the judges - for stepping out of their role as performing artists to give very brief "sound bite" comments on contestants. Whether fans of the show agree with Church or not, quite a few musicians do agree. I don't see it as primarily a question of defending American Idol as a concept - more as a question of the way it would put the spotlight on Carrie. I think being a judge would emphasize her "celebrity" role more than her "artistic" role. She already gets plenty of "celebrity" exposure - what she's had to fight harder for is in-depth artistic recognition. We know she deserves that, all the way - but some of her peers have been slow to accord her that full recognition . I don't think this sort of role would help.

Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan

I don't want to see a former Idol sit on the Idol judging panel. I would love to see several of them mentor the new Idols though.
    I think that would be a much better idea - because it would be an extension of her artistic role, giving contestants the benefit of her talent and experience, rather than a snap judgment that's used primarily to make the show dramatic and entertaining. Garrett Goodwin's already giving people coaching in drumming - Carrie would have a lot to offer in the vocal and presentation fields.

Carrie Guru
    I want Shania Twain to be a judge on American Idol -- I am certain that I am going to watch every week.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'm going with no.I never want to see Carrie as a judge on a reality show .Ever
    Even mentoring I'm not sure I want to see.

AI is about finding a viable musical star , supposedly,so why have artist as the judges anyway. Why not producers,or people who search out talent for record companies and such. Sure they wouldn't be big names necessarily but they'd have more to say and give better critiques then what we hear now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I hope not... I love Carrie but I don't think she's the kind of person who would feel confortable judging others.
    Btw I really want to see how Britney and Demi will do on X-Factor.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by diva101 View Post
    I think Carrie would be a good choice, but I think she's too nice to even hurt the contestant's feelings xD =))) lol! so I think that won't end well.

---- I'll go slightly off topic ----

for now, I think it's best to let JLo go... Isn't it quite ironic that the one who's sitting at the judges table of a singing show "can't" sing? I don't hate JLo, infact I like her songs, but she isn't the legit singer (like Carrie or Kelly) she's a dancer-singer. It's like she's only singing 3-4 notes repetitively. The execs should find a legit singer, brilliant musician etc...
    If I'll have my way, I would fire the 3 judges and replace them with the likes of: Jennifer Holliday (yes, when I heard her duet with Jessica, it was priceless! my jaw was on the floor), Robert Plant (he rocks, he has experience and has better judgment than Steven Tyler), and someone from a record label (like Jimmy Iovine)
    I mostly like your comments and would add that I would not like a former idol as judge but surely as a mentor.

Lord, I'm sorry but if I had to listen to J Holiday sing ever again I would not come out sane. Sorry again. I think that song actually sealed Jessica's future (or not - mostly not) going forward. Terrible!! Also remember the mess that poor Fantasia made of Joshua's duet. Reason is that not all of America listens to that kind of music.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast