Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Recalls Growing Up With Robin Gibb and the Bee Gees

If you caught Carrie Underwood‘s powerful performance of ‘Blown Away’ during the Billboard Music Awards 2012 on Sunday night, you know that some of her musical influences lie outside of the country genre. Although the ‘American Idol’ winner is a member of team country music, sometimes her powerhouse vocals point to a different era and genre entirely. Last night on the red carpet, Underwood caught up with MTV to talk about the passing of the Bee Gees’ Robin Gibb — and how he impacted her musical tastes.

“My parents listened to the Bee Gees quite a bit when I was little, so I was definitely exposed to them at an early age. They just had a sound that was all their own, obviously, [it was] never duplicated,” the chart-topping country star said. “They were very influential on music in general, and it’s very sad to hear about any loss. There have been a lot of legends lost this year, so it’s always sad to see it happen, but they are paying a couple of tributes here [at the Billboard Music Awards], and I know that they’ll be classy and respectful and allow us all to remember them.”

Read More →

Source: Taste of Country

Concert Stars
    It's so sad! He just came out of his coma and now he's gone. :'(

Carrie Guru
    Thank you for this. " I Started A Joke" was one of my favarite song from Robin.

Concert Stars
    this is so sad..another legend gone...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yes, it's terribly sad to lose another music legend. RIP Robin Gibb! You're not forgotten.

It's great that Carrie was exposed to different types of music from an early age. She has so many musical influences. She's country to the core but she loves all types of music.

•