Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 1 Post By liz278

Thread: Carrie Underwood, Mike Fisher talked faith, family and laundry

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood, Mike Fisher talked faith, family and laundry

Carrie Underwood, Mike Fisher talked faith, family and laundry on 'Oprah's Next Chapter'

Carrie Underwood and husband Mike Fisher talked first kiss, future family plans, faith and the "real" Carrie in their first joint interview for television.

The country music star from Checotah and her husband, an NHL hockey player, sat down with Oprah Winfrey for her show "Oprah's next Chapter, which aired on the OWN network, cable 106 in Tulsa, Sunday.

The "American Idol" winner and her husband talked openly to Winfrey about how many children they want (2 for her, 3 for him), their first kiss on a New Year's Eve, the dream home they are building on their 400 acres near Nashville, Tenn., how important faith is to their relationship, and the Carrie Underwood who likes to do her own laundry.

Faith, they said, is paramount in their relationship and has been from the beginning, explained Fisher, who plays for the Nashville Predators.

"That's a huge role. I met Carrie and saw her as a potential mate and that became an instant connection. I think because we are very similar. We both grew up in Christian families and experienced life and then, all of a sudden, its fame and learning how to act in different situations and the spiritually we were able to be on the same page and understood each other and that was part of obviously the connection we have and now it's a big part of our marriage for sure."

Later in the interview, which took place at the couple's cabin retreat outside Nashville, Underwood was asked "who are you?"

"That's a difficult question. I'm a happy person," said the multi award-winning artist. "I feel like I want to do good things in the world, I want to make people proud of me, she told Winfrey.

"I'm a daughter, I'm a wife and I'm a mom to my dog. I'm here. I'm happy."

Scene - Blogs - Carrie Underwood Mike Fisher talked faith family and laundry on Oprahs Next Chapter | Tulsa World

Source: Tulsa World (blog)
    Pi314CA likes this.

Concert Stars
    It was nice to see them talk so openly about their faith. You can tell from the interview how important it is to them. My parents told me - "if God is at the center of your marriage, you will have a great marriage" and I can see that with Mike & Carrie.
    Pi314CA likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^^ agree..they were so personal and honest...they are the best couple!

•