• 3 Post By pklongbeach
  • 3 Post By rosie08
  • 1 Post By cole
  • 1 Post By Audra
  • 3 Post By judes

Thread: Rollingstone Mag:On the Charts: Carrie Underwood Blows Away Norah Jones

Concert Stars

Rollingstone Mag:On the Charts: Carrie Underwood Blows Away Norah Jones

The article starts out good but they didn't fact check and claim GG peaked at *8 to try to make some half baked argument that GG is not a hit. Obviously they are pissed that their crummy review did not prevent Carrie from blowing away the competition....lol So they are trying to justify their position to bring her huge accomplisment down with this comment.

On the Charts: Carrie Underwood Blows Away Norah Jones | Music News | Rolling Stone

By Steve Knopper
    May 9, 2012 1:04 PM ET

Carrie Underwood performs on 'American Idol.'
    FOX via Getty Images

WINNER OF THE WEEK: Carrie Underwood. The onetime American Idol queen's album Blown Away hits Number One on Billboard's albums chart, and it's the kind of country album that might follow the Lady Antebellum-Eric Church-Zac Brown Band slow burn into millions of sales. Singles-wise, "Good Girl" has been only somewhat impressive, hitting 3.6 million YouTube views since it came out in mid-March and peaking last week at Number Eight on the country songs chart. The calculus is a little different for country than for pop, but generally speaking, a star needs a hit so while "Good Girl" is at just Number 48 on BigChampagne's Ultimate Chart, which measures Internet criteria, it's up six spots, so watch for an Underwood surge this summer.

Read more: On the Charts: Carrie Underwood Blows Away Norah Jones | Music News | Rolling Stone

They were nicer this week.........

On the Charts: Rihanna's 'Ship' Sails | Music News | Rolling Stone

WINNER OF THE WEEK: Mother's Day. We're not comfortable generalizing about mothers' musical tastes this writer's wife, who is a mother, favors George Jones, Parliament and the Sex Pistols but stereotypical mom-oriented albums got a boost on the Billboard charts this week. Carrie Underwood's Blown Away sticks to Number One for a second straight week, selling 120,000 copies; Adele's 21 jumps from Number Four to Number Two, with 101,000 copies sold; and Lionel Richie's easy-like-Sunday-morning Tuskegee jumps from Number Six to Number Three, selling 71,000 copies. The surge is largely old-school and CD-focused. On iTunes, Underwood is Number One, but Adele is at Number Three and Richie isn't even in the Top 10. Similarly, while Norah Jones' Little Broken Hearts is at Number Five on Billboard (a three-slot drop), she's at Number 10 on iTunes.

Read more: On the Charts: Rihanna's 'Ship' Sails | Music News | Rolling Stone
    oldyfan, Cps235, Ann055 and 6 others like this.

Concert Stars
    and rolling stone said this? I am kinda surprised....but they aren't gonna ruin her accomplishment!

Concert Stars
    They forgot to mention that Good Girl will be certified Platinum soon. Oh well...
    gocountrymusic likes this.

Concert Stars
    They never give Carrie the credit she deserves. they mess up the facts, saying the song peaked already at 8. Total bs.

but at least they posted a nice photo. lol

Concert Stars

Go!

I so wish David Wild would write an article about Carrie. He loves her -- he knows her -- he's worked with her -- please let him write an article for Carrie, rolling stone.

Junior Carrie Follower abdulmajeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post

Go!
    I am so going to do that to the writer's car. LOL..

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This article is OK. I wish Rolling Stone magazine would give Carrie the credit she deserves. Thanks for posting, teesharky.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    I guess even when she is the #1 act in the country for weeks on end RS is just not going to give her credit.
    Which is interesting considering they are a music magazine and should be able to at least "look" at what is most popular and try to figure out why.
    They all look so closely as TS's music (as if there is something there that everyone is missing) and yet when they hear Carrie Underwoodne of the premier voices in music, they don't bother to at least give credit.
    I mean there are so many ways to look at her success and give her credit for that.
    She came off a reality show and became an overnight superstar!
    She has proven her longvity by hitting #1 after 7 years and 4 albums!
    She is a 5time Grammy Award Winner!
    She has 13 #1 singles to her name!
    She has the most played country song off the charts year after year (BHC)!
    She is tremendously marketable (numerous major endorsement deals)!
    She sings music that should specifically speak to thier interests (G&R/Motley Crew/Aerosmith) with great conviction and to great success!

I could go on and on about what "could and should" be looked at to discuss Carrie Underwood.
    But still they ignore it.
    Still they want to see a faceless, meaningless, cardboard cut out of a barbie doll. And thats all they are going to see.
    I honestly don't think I would want to see Carrie do whatever it is they are waiting to have her do before they give her credit for anything.
    Keep talking about washed up rockers from the 90's guys.
    And throw in a little pop teen fastfood to try to gain relevance.
    And keep an eye on your profits, to.
    I'll guess their shrinking!
    DaisyTweets, judes and teesharky like this.

Well let me tell you what Rolling stones can do....... sorry to much of a lady..lol
    pklongbeach, teesharky and cole like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    It's too bad that a magazine that is supposed to be about the music industry, really knows very little about the industry. I still think in the end, what is said in this magazine is not all that important since alot of the world doesn't have a clue about this magazine.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Never have read rolling stone magazine.

Concert Stars
    ^^ Agreed. I've never even picked up a copy of Rolling stones. :/
    robinannhunt likes this.

Concert Stars
    it don't surprise me that Rolling Stone still won't really give Carrie the credit she deserves....I've never read or picked up a copy of Rolling Stones and still won't, she's done so much over her career and she still can't get the credit...a review from a magazine that hardly an average person will pick up and read won't ruin her or her career, she always keeps selling and proving people wrong
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    It's too bad that a magazine that is supposed to be about the music industry, really knows very little about the industry. I still think in the end, what is said in this magazine is not all that important since alot of the world doesn't have a clue about this magazine.
    You're right, but what is sad is that there was a time where it was a premier music magazine.
    Seems like they have lost touch abit.

Concert Stars
    ^^ like everything else trying to survive in this crazy economy RS has branched out and now has articles on politics and celebrities, thus lowering the focus put on music, I often hear people say" it's not really a music magazine anymore" - it is sad that they can't check facts before demeaning an artists achievement to defend their review of Carrie's album and actually lie to their readers. The world could have done without any Carrie mention in RS really and she doesn't need RS to give her music cred - she's got it in spades
    teesharky, hjj and pklongbeach like this.

•