Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree11Likes
  • 11 Post By LouisaJessie

Thread: Music Nation: Carrie Underwood Interview

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Music Nation: Carrie Underwood Interview

She’s currently #1 on the Billboard albums chart in the US and #4 on the ARIA albums chart with her stunning album ‘Blown Away’. She’s sold over 14 million albums worldwide, is a multi Grammy winner and we were lucky enough to recently ask her about her new album ‘Blown Away’ and her upcoming Australian tour.

So Carrie, 2012 is shaping up to be a pretty big year for you. How has it been treating you so far?

It’s been so much fun so far! We released my best album of my career and have been running around all over the place promoting it! And, of course, we’re gearing up for the tour of the UK and Australia as well as for my North American tour this fall!

You’ve just released your fourth album ‘Blown Away’. Are you pleased with it? Why should your fans run out and buy the album?

I am very happy with this album! I got to take a little extra time to write for it and record it and I think that was a wonderful idea to change things up to keep it fun and keep the creative juices flowing! ”Blown Away” truly has something for everyone. I just wanted to make an album that would take people on a roller coaster ride from beginning to end, and I believe I have successfully done that!

What’s the meaning behind the title ‘Blown Away?’

“Blown Away” is actually a song that is on the album. The song itself is this amazing epic drama, but I thought the words “blown away” sounded good for an album title. I want people to be blown away when they listen to the album and when they see me in concert.

The songs on the album are much darker than the songs on your previous albums. What inspired you to write these songs?

Not all of the songs on this album are dark. I definitely have some light, fun songs. But I wanted to do some things that I’ve never done before. It wasn’t intentional that some of the songs ended up darker, but I seemed to gravitate towards a few that were. They made for a little more drama in the album.

How do you think this album is different from your previous ones?

I definitely touch on different feelings and sounds and subject matter on “Blown Away” than I did on the previous three albums. I took more liberties and got much more creative on this album as well.

You’re touring a lot this year. Do you still get nervous when you’re performing live or are you used to it?

I don’t get nervous when I’m on stage in concert, though I sometimes get nervous when I’m at award shows or live TV. Being on stage for one of my live shows is so comfortable and fun. There’s nothing else like it.

What’s the strangest/coolest thing that has ever happened during one of your concerts?

There was one night that I sang and after I was finished, the audience would not stop clapping! It went on for so long. I was truly in amazement because no matter what I did, it only made them clap more! It brought me to tears…

You’re touring Australia soon too. We’re excited. Are you excited?

Of course I’m excited! I got to go there last year and had so much fun meeting lots of people. Now I get to do what I love best in Australia…sing! I can’t wait!

What is the one thing you want to do while visiting Australia?

I would love to go to the zoo in Sydney. I’ve heard such wonderful things about it!

What will you be doing after this interview?

Flying home to see my husband and my dogs!

Carrie Underwood Interview | Music Nation

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great interview! I thought the last time she was in Australia she went to the zoo?

Concert Stars
    Great interview, thanks for posting.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUnderwoodismyHero View Post
    Great interview! I thought the last time she was in Australia she went to the zoo?
    I think she went to the one in Melbourne, not Sydney.

Concert Stars
    ^^ thats true...hope we get pics of Carrie in aussie!!

What’s the strangest/coolest thing that has ever happened during one of your concerts?

There was one night that I sang and after I was finished, the audience would not stop clapping! It went on for so long. I was truly in amazement because no matter what I did, it only made them clap more! It brought me to tears…
    Was she talking about the Hollywood Bowl concert super long standing ovation after JTTW/HGTA?

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    am I the only one who thinks this interview sounds fake?! Those answers just don't sound like Carrie...

•