Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: "Dateline" to feature interview with Carrie

"Dateline" to feature interview with Carrie

"DATELINE" CELEBRATES 20 YEARS WITH LESTER HOLT, JANE PAULEY, TOM BROKAW, MATT LAUER, ANN CURRY AND MORE

Highlights Featured From the Work of Esteemed Correspondents Chris Hansen, Hoda Kotb, Josh Mankiewicz, Keith Morrison and Dennis Murphy
    Dateline's 20th Anniversary Special To Air Tuesday, May 22 at 10p/9c

NEW YORK - May 15, 2012 - "Dateline," NBC News' longest-running primetime newsmagazine, made its debut in 1992. From mysteries and breaking news, to hidden-camera investigations and documentaries, "Dateline" continues to provide viewers with classic storytelling at its best, 20 years later.

On Tuesday, May 22 at 10p/9c, Dateline's 20th Anniversary Special will highlight some of the most extraordinary stories -- and the most remarkable people -- in the newsmagazine's history. Jane Pauley interviews Michael J. Fox; Tom Brokaw profiles Aron Ralston; Matt Lauer reports on two extraordinary families brought together by fate; Ann Curry checks in with the McCaughey septuplets; Hoda Kotb interviews Carrie Underwood. Favorite moments from the work of Chris Hansen, Josh Mankiewicz, Keith Morrison and Dennis Murphy to be featured as well. In addition, Michael Buble wishes "Dateline" a happy anniversary in a personal and special way.

"'Dateline' has gone through many changes over the last 20 years, but one thing that hasn't changed is the loyalty and enthusiasm of its audience," said David Corvo, Senior Executive Producer of "Dateline." "We are grateful for that."

"We're thrilled to celebrate this milestone by catching up with some of the remarkable people who've shared their stories with us over the years," said "Dateline" Executive Producer, Liz Cole.

"Dateline" anchor Lester Holt is joined by esteemed correspondents Chris Hansen, Hoda Kotb, Josh Mankiewicz, Keith Morrison and Dennis Murphy. Dateline's 20th Anniversary Special will feature the following stories:

Jane Pauley / Michael J. Fox
    In 2003, Jane Pauley spoke with Michael J. Fox as part of her final "Dateline" broadcast. Nine years later, Jane returns to "Dateline" for the first time since to sit down with Fox once again. Remarkable things have happened for Fox since that interview nine years ago, including an Emmy award in 2009 for his role on "Rescue Me" and three more Emmy nominations, including one last year for his recurring role on " The Good Wife." Fox's inspiring battle with Parkinson's disease has become his life's mission. He has testi?ed about the disease before Congress and, through The Michael J. Fox Foundation, he is determined to find a cure.

Matt Lauer / Mistaken Identity

Matt Lauer told the families of this remarkable story of mistaken identity, "I don't know how long I'll do this job, but for as long as I do it, I think your families will be the most extraordinary families I've ever met." In 2006, 18-year-old Whitney Cerak was one of nine people in a car accident that killed five students, including her classmate, Laura Van Ryn. Because the two young women were misidentified at the scene of the accident, Van Ryn's family believed that they were caring for their daughter in a rehabilitation center, when in fact, they were caring for a comatose Whitney Cerak - who officials believed had been killed. More than five weeks passed before the misidentification was discovered. Six years after the accident, Matt Lauer sits down with Whitney Cerak.

Tom Brokaw / Aron Ralston
    In 2005, Tom Brokaw shared the incredible story of Aron Ralston's survival after Ralston became trapped in a Utah canyon, forced to amputate his own arm. Many things have happened since that interview, perhaps most famously the Academy award nominated ?lm 127 Hours, which was based on his experience. Ralston, now a father, is back to climbing, hiking and motivational speaking across the country. Seven years after they first sat down together, Tom Brokaw catches up with Ralston in Colorado.

Hoda Kotb / Carrie Underwood

At the ripe age of 22, Carrie Underwood was the winner of "American Idol'. Almost seven years to-the-day later, she has become a multiplatinum, Grammy-winning artist, topping the charts with a dozen #1 Billboard singles. Her fourth album, "Blown Away," was a major accomplishment, as Underwood co-wrote eight of the album's 14 tracks - a long way from the one song she co-wrote on her debut album. Hoda Kotb, who first sat down with Underwood after her Idol win, will catch up with her all these years later.

Ann Curry / Septuplets

Ann Curry introduced the McCaughey septuplets to the world in 1997. The septuplets hold the title of most appearances in "Dateline's" history, with 13 broadcasts featuring the family. Their parents, Kenny and Bobbi McCaughey, have their house and their hands full with seven 14-year-olds. Ann sits down at home with the family and talks to the septuplets about life as teenagers. We'll also hear from Bobbi and Kenny about their changing experiences as parents over the last 15 years.
    Breaking News - "Dateline" Celebrates 20 Years With Lester Holt, Jane Pauley, Tom Brokaw, Matt Lauer, Ann Curry and More | TheFutonCritic.com

Concert Stars
    More Carrie appearances Love it. Going to have to get my DVR ready.
    countryfan2006 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Well, another show to watch or DVR - I wonder how long the interview will be.

Concert Stars
    Keep on rollin' them out, Arista!!!! Sounds great!!!
    Gator, countryfan2006 and Pi314CA like this.

Concert Stars
    awesome!!! i have wanted carrie to be on dateline forever! very cool that it is part of an anniversary special!!!
    countryfan2006 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    To think that there were people who thought that Overton was not going give her any promotion.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Keep on rollin' them out, Arista!!!! Sounds great!!!
    This is not something Arista would be setting up. This would be set up by Carrie's management.

Concert Stars
    ^^agree, Sony is benefiting from all this promotion, but I don't think they have anything to do with it. I think Carrie's management team is putting this together.
    rainbow1 and countryfan2006 like this.

Concert Stars
    wow another appearance amazing!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    To think that there were people who thought that Overton was not going give her any promotion.

i think this is all Simon Fuller this time.... he is amazing!!

Carrie Guru
    The promotion tour continues....

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    i think this is all Simon Fuller this time.... he is amazing!!
    I know exactly who is responsible, but I am going to give Overton credit for things that he doesn't deserve to get credit for just like when people contiuned and continued and continued to blame him for things that he didn't deserved to get blamed for.

Awesome! Keep the surprises coming, Carrie!

(I'm also interested to see the update on Aron Ralston. I'm so fascinated by his story.)
    JB172 and Cps235 like this.

Concert Stars
    It looks like the show is an hour on Tues. so I wonder how long Carrie's interview will be.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Awesome! Keep the surprises coming, Carrie!

(I'm also interested to see the update on Aron Ralston. I'm so fascinated by his story.)
    That is the most amazing act of courage and survival that I have ever seen and even though I think that he is a jackass, James Franco got screwed out of winning an Oscar.
    epicamends likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Wow the only major network she hasn't appeared on is CBS! Too bad too since that's the most watched network! Oh well, things are very good in Carrieland.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    That is the most amazing act of courage and survival that I have ever seen and even though I think that he is a jackass, James Franco got screwed out of winning an Oscar.
    I totally agree. I was so sad that film didn't win a single Oscar out of the many it was nominated for. It deserved at least one. Fantastic film, and a fantastic performance by Franco, especially considering he was acting opposite no one for the majority of the movie. That's extremely hard to do.
    Cps235 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Wow that's an awful lot of stuff to fit into a 42 or 43 minute show!!!!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Loving the Carrie exposure for people! I'm looking forward to this.

Concert Stars
    Yes more Carrie. Just loving all this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast